Popular Tags: [View All]
Suzanne
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's our first #PotionPlayAlong!
Can you complete your potions in one turn?

Rules and help can be found here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1616307/potionplayalong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gameritis Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be to:

1. Pull the blue x3 from the second column from the left, which will trigger at least two more explosions (red x4, black x2), then...
2. Use the balm of sticky (green potion) to grab the column of 3 black balls from the middle column.

[EDIT] Wait, when you grab the ingredient, can you only grab ONE color that's not in a group? If so, then my solution is flawwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambie
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want to play a board gaaame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming I understand the rules correctly (I only read the player aid), I would:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Take the yellow from the middle column, get 4 black and 3 blue, place the 4 black and 2 blue.

Use the green potion to take the 3 red in the 2nd column, use 2 on the potions to finish them.

Put the leftover blue, yellow, and red in the pool.

Now I want to get this game! I didn't know anything about the gameplay before today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm reading the rules and that image correctly. The two bottom potions are already completed and ready to be used.

Pull the yellow from the middle row 3rd from the bottom. Four black explode to fill the bottom of the two potions in the brewing area. leading to the blue exploding to fill the middle of our potions. Next we drink the green sticky potion to take the tree red at the top of the 2nd column to complete the potions we are trying to brew. This will leave 1 yellow, 1 blue and one black in hand to place in the ingredient pool.

Edit: ninja-ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameritisGuy wrote:
[EDIT] Wait, when you grab the ingredient, can you only grab ONE color that's not in a group? If so, then my solution is flawed.

You can only take one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Roupe

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drink green potion and take 3 black from middle row, then take 3 blue from 2nd row triggering red and then the other blacks needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick the black marble in the rightmost column. That will trigger three explosions, getting you 2 red, 2 yellow, and 3 blue. Use the green potion to grab the 3 black marbles from the middle column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls