Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: VfL Bochum fanMicrobadge: I love the Philippines!Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: George R. R. Martin fan
For all gamers who like a somewhat "sharper" or "hot" bidding phase, this is how Wolfgang Kramer himself is playing the game with experienced players:

As with the usual rules you're out of a bid-round once you won a bid, but not completeley out of the bid phase. So when there's a new active player, all players can take part again. All players must have the opportunity to open a bid-round.

Following the "soft" family bidding, each player can buy a maximum of 15 tiles per game, with this sharp bidding a player could theoretically buy 15 tiles per bid phase (5-player-game). Definitely not practically, because money remains short despite, maybe even shorter.

This isn't a tremendously big change, but it gives a certan edge to this not tremendously big, but certainly very good game - try it!

Usually I don't like "house-rules", either I like a game as it is or not, but as this is the author's "official" version it sure is a nice and recommendable variant.

Btw, didn't check the English rules, but there's some confusion in the German rules concerning the location of the starting player's arena - being "left" or "right" next to the Emperor.
The starting player's arena is aligned to (or "above") "40" of the scoring track, i. e. "right" of the Emperor, looking from "outside" the running track, or "left" of the Emperor if you sit inside the pool in the middle ... - says Wolfgang Kramer.

Ferdi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: mit uns würd' ich nicht spielenMicrobadge: Tragedy Looper fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and euros
lucyfer wrote:
Btw, didn't check the English rules, but there's some confusion in the German rules concerning the location of the starting player's arena - being "left" or "right" next to the Emperor.
The starting player's arena is aligned to (or "above") "40" of the scoring track, i. e. "right" of the Emperor, looking from "outside" the running track, or "left" of the Emperor if you sit inside the pool in the middle ... - says Wolfgang Kramer.
Where does he say this? This would mean there's not just a "confusion", but the rule as written is wrong. If you read the days-of-wonder forum, people have been playing that the starting player usually can immediately walk the Emperor into his Colosseum, which seems to be an advantage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: VfL Bochum fanMicrobadge: I love the Philippines!Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: George R. R. Martin fan
Wolfgang Kramer is saying this in a posting (http://www.spielbox.de/ix.html?/phorum4/read.php4?f=1&i=1679...) in the German spielbox forum, kinda equivalent to BGG, but in German only.

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: mit uns würd' ich nicht spielenMicrobadge: Tragedy Looper fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and euros
Danke, gefunden. Das bedeutet, dass die Regeln (auch in englisch) falsch sind...

[Subtitles: The english rules are wrong too. The starting player is the one whose arena is located to the right (not left) of the emperor (on the 3/4/5-building space)]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Wrong ... depending on from where you look at it, that's why I said "confusing", maybe "unclear" would be the better choice.

Auf Englisch geschrieben, damit's alle hier verstehen können.

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls