United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideally a great one near Okemo.
Anyone have any suggestions?
If there's one that has a great use/oop selection, I'll travel a fair ways to get there.

Rather need to know by tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a decent store in Burlington, although that is really far from Okemo. In the Okemo area there is not much at all. You'd have to travel well over an hour. The Old Game Store in Arlington, VT is closed. I suspect the nearest stores are Griffin Games in Greenfield, MA or Geeks and Gamers in Meredith, NH. Both are quite a distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gessing from where Okemo is that the closest game store to you would be just across the border in Lebannon, NH. The name isn't coming to me right now. It's tucked away in the "old town" downtown, rather than in the strip mall parts of the area.

The other two game stores I know of are up in the northern part of the state. Quarterstaff Games in downtown Burlington, right across from City Hall and Hero Kingdoms in St. Albans on Main street.

While it all really depends on what you are looking for in terms of a OOP title, all three of these stores have been pretty well picked clean of old stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

www.gamestoredb.com ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
kilarney wrote:
I suspect the nearest stores are Griffin Games in Greenfield, MA or Geeks and Gamers in Meredith, NH. Both are quite a distance.
And Geeks and Gamers in Meredith NH is, sadly, going out of business soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going south to Griffin Games, you should also stop by Phoenix Games in Sunderland. It's only another 10 minutes or so away, straight down 91. If you come by on Sunday, there's open gaming and waffles from 2pm (opening) on.

I think that Griffin Games renamed to Greenfield Games a couple of years back. They were trying to make themselves less intimidating to non-geeks.

(disclosure: I'm the purchasing manager at Phoenix Games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.
I will be likely stopping at Greenfield Games on the way back.
After all, I live in Holyoke.
I'm just going to Okemo for the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Phoenix Games, too!
Hey, where are you guys?
Down 141 towards Umass past the center of Sunderland?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix Games is in Sunderland on 116 in the same plaza as a 7-11 (with a nice, tall sign). Here's a link to the location, courtesy Google:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=283+Amherst+Rd,+Sunderland,+Mas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
echoota wrote:
The other two game stores I know of are up in the northern part of the state. Quarterstaff Games in downtown Burlington, right across from City Hall and Hero Kingdoms in St. Albans on Main street.
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone comes across it via a search, Heroes Kingdom has closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game store in Lebanon is Black Moon Games.

http://www.black-moon-games.com/

But the closest game store to Okemo in Ludlow, is in Springfield VT. Brand new... Dark Mountain Games.

https://www.facebook.com/darkmountaingames/?fref=ts
http://www.darkmountaingames.com/

Both are excellent game stores. Dark Mountain is new and a little small, but the owners are friendly and a nice place to come play or check out what they have.

I am a regular at both stores....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls