Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Andrew Brown
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a good store that carries wargames in Dublin. I'll be over there for business next week, and wouldn't mind dropping in one one..... I'm not one for Games Workshop or card games - more for tradtional wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/103975 ?

www.gamestoredb.com ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mc Donagh
Ireland
flag msg tools
Games World on Jervis Street Between the shopping centre and rthe river on the right had side has a small but quality selection of games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Tyrrell
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Toy Store on Dawson Street stock a few more interesting board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Real name is private thanks
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Just to clarify, its called gamers world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Moss
Ireland
Dublin 5
flag msg tools
Is that Gamers World on Dawson street or what's the shop called?

I never knew there was anything around there.

Is MOdels Inc on Dorest St. closed down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Models Inc became Gamers World and moved to Jervis Street.

I don't know the shop on Dawson Street.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fishy
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zomboy wrote:
Games World on Jervis Street Between the shopping centre and rthe river on the right had side has a small but quality selection of games
Discovered that recently on a working day out in Dublin. Wasn't it a GW store before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the GW store is a little further East, on Liffey Street I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fishy
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. All those streets look the same to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Moss
Ireland
Dublin 5
flag msg tools
So Gamers World ISN'T Games Workshop . . . hmmm i should check it out. ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
As already mentioned Gamer's World is probably the best game shop in Dublin. It has a good selection of boardgames and Games Workshop style stuff as well. The location is very central, just around the corner from the Jervis Centre. The owner is familiar with lots of boardgames and is happy to give advice and/or chat about them. This looks like their web site but the link is currently dead for me. As someone already mentioned this is the same shop as Models Inc in Dorset Street. It moved so don't bother going up there to look.
http://www.gamersworlddublin.com/

Sub City Comics is on Exchequer Street, a couple of doors down from the Georges Street end. As the name indicates this is mainly a comic shop but they have a selection of boardgames which fluctuates up and down. You're likely to find something here that they don't have in Gamer's World through random chance, but they don't have as large a selection in general. They had a copy of Robo Rally only a few months ago. I didn't know if I really wanted it and when I decided I did and went back it had been sold. Location is pretty central, so it's well worth a visit.

Games Workshop is on Liffey Street, right across from the Ha'penny Bridge. If you've been in any GW shop you know what to expect. Great if you want GW stuff. Basically useless if you don't.

The shop on Dawson street is a toy shop for younger children. It's called The Toy Store. If you are looking to buy a toy that is different to the mass market plastic stuff in Smyths it's a good place to look. It also has a selection of games which are on a high shelf so be sure to look up! Mostly these are for younger children so there's a lot of Haba stuff, but there are some others. I got Animal Upon Animal there. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there if I was looking for games but if you are already nearby it's well worth looking in.
http://www.thetoystore.ie/

I get a two-fer-one paragraph and mention Smyths and Banba both of which are on Jervis street between Mary Street and Parnell Street. They are both large toy shops that have a selection of board games. Not much that would appeal to the BGG demographic, mostly multiple versions of Monopoly and Cluedo. However they do have party games like Cranium which you probably won't see in any of the other places mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
For the sake of completeness, and because Dawson Street was mentioned, I should add that Waterstones bookshop on Dawson Street carries a few boardgames and has a shelf or two of RPG stuff.

They actually carried some wargames (board and miniatures rules) for a while in the military history section, but this seems to have come to an end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O'Donovan
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came accross these lads recently at a convention. Warpcon,seemy post below in the forum.

They had a decent enough selection of boardgame games, ccg's and rpg's.

No address on the site, or contact details unfortunately but keep an eye on the site.

http://www.dublincitygamesandhobbies.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!
I have tested all of these links above, but most of them dead or useless.
I'd like to find a store where I could buy things online for my family members who live in Dublin. It's easier to buy them a present that way than buying it here and send it via airmail.
So please tell me some place/website where I could buy games like First Sparks, Stone Age, etc.
Thank you!
hun_zaba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
TRANS RIGHTS
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try Gamers World but their website is quite useless and doesn't list much of their stock apart from MTG and warhammer stuff.
It's a pity because they do have some good stuff in there but they are not great at dealing with any queries I have about getting games in and they don't seem to have an email address for the shop.
I would buy more stuff from them if they were more on the ball.
This thread covers a similar question and might be your best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe guillaume
France
Alaska
flag msg tools
just coming back from Ireland : just still one shop in Jervis Sreet, Gamers World with little choice (compared to paris, but still, nice people...

and no other shop in galway (closed for years)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Headed to ireland next week for the St Pattys Day parade. Anyone need any games from the US? Free shipping :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
Headed to ireland next week for the St Pattys Day parade. Anyone need any games from the US? Free shipping
No thanks, but many thanks for the offer

Enjoy the Festival!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gamer
msg tools
There is a new online store that offers collections in Dublin and delivery nationwide called BoardGamer.ie:

http://www.boardgamer.ie

The range of games is always growing, and have games at better prices than Gamers World.

The Facebook page is:

http://facebook.com/BoardGamer.ie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGamesIreland wrote:
There is a new online store that offers collections in Dublin and delivery nationwide called BoardGamer.ie:

http://www.boardgamer.ie

The range of games is always growing, and have games at better prices than Gamers World.

The Facebook page is:

http://facebook.com/BoardGamer.ie
Interesting, thanks! I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great country you all have! Had a wonderful time, and especially enjoyed the porterhouse pub near trinity college in Dublin. I man could get very used to Ireland very quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Behal

Newtownabbey
Antrim
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should come to the Porterhouse in Cork. Boardgames on Thrusday nights with class food & beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh now ya tell me :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is this list still valid? Well, no list actually as it's just one store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |