Popular Tags: [View All]
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing recently I started wondering what the breakdown is of card abilities in each half-deck. I quickly went through my set and these are the numbers I came up with (in case it is of value to others).

If a card had more than one thing I counted it in each category - for example the drow card that gives you two influence or allows you to promote a card I counted in both the influence category and the promote category.

Finally if there are no cards having a certain ability I left it out of the list (ie: only the Demon faction currently gives insane outcast cards)

One interesting note is that there are the same number of 'place a spy' cards in each half-deck. That means you always know that no matter what decks you use 1/4 of the cards (20 out of 80) will allow for placement of a spy. Also I put a star next to each category with the highest number.

DROW:
Giving influence 7
Giving power 9
Assassinate 9
Deploy 4
Place spy 10
Supplant 10
Promote 10
Move 1
Return enemy 2
Card draw 2

DRAGON:
Giving influence 20
Giving power 12
Assassinate 7
Deploy 7
Place spy 10
Supplant 3
Promote 6
Move 2
Return enemy 3
Card draw 1
Devour 5
Gain VP 5

ELEMENTAL:
Giving influence 17
Giving power 8
Assassinate 10
Deploy 12
Place spy 10
Supplant 1
Promote 14
Return enemy 2
Card draw 11
Recruit 4

DEMON:
Giving influence 12
Giving power 9
Assassinate 8
Deploy 10
Place spy 10
Supplant 5
Promote 7
Move 2
Card draw 3
Devour 12
Insane Outcast 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great breakdown. Thanks John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that you did not include on the list Elemental Focus cards of each aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kash
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, great breakdown. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Undead:
Giving Influence 8
Giving Power 10
Return enemy 4
Supplant 8
Promote 7
Place a spy 10
Return a spy 5
Devour self 12
Devour other 6
Assassinate 9
Deploy 6
Recruit 3

Remains consistent with the others with 10 Place a Spy cards. Also, several of the other effects like Assassinate are consequences of Devour. I listed them because the ability is there, even if it requires an extra step.

Aberrations:
Giving Influence 9
Giving Power 3
Place a spy 10
Return a spy 7
Return enemy 1
Promote 7
Assassinate 7
(Discard) 9
Return enemy 1
Draw card 4
Deploy 8
Devour other 1

Power gain is by far the lowest of any half-deck in terms of cards that just grant it and the three that do also give Influence. You can gain Power with the return of a Spy from two other cards and one more gives you Power for each 3 Troops in your Trophy Hall, but those 6 are the extent of Power gain. I put Discard in parentheses, since most of them are secondary effects to something else (like returning a Spy), but it is a unique effect to this deck. And, again, placing a Spy is a constant with 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic, thank you for the break down.

So it would seem that (not including effects specific to only one deck) Move is rather clearly the scarcest ability. This is understandable since it is a very powerful effect owing to it not requiring that you have presence for the targeted area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's right. Anything that doesn't require presence is pretty huge. Using Move to send troops anywhere on the board can be a breaking moment, especially in the late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls