Subject: Command and Colors medieval isnt dead!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Nations at War: White Star Rising fanMicrobadge: No Retreat: The Russian Front fan
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-604-commands-colors-medieval.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
So it's a version of Ancients but medieval? Says it comes with 320 blocks, so I'm assuming so. I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Shadows of Brimstone fanMicrobadge: Dice Tower Convention attendeeMicrobadge: 2020 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Star Trek Adventures RPG fan
It's just popped up this week. Pre-ordered day one. I was hopeful for this. I think we may see some excellent rules to incorporate into BattleLore 1st Ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Nations at War: White Star Rising fanMicrobadge: No Retreat: The Russian Front fan
If they use the same system of colours like in ancients then the figures and banners from BL could be used as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Peace and ToleranceMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Runewars fan
More like Command and Colors Dark Ages to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Maybe for now, but leaves it open for lots of expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
From the GMT page

Quote:
Some of the new concepts are:

Superior armor and status when battling
Cavalry units increase to 4 blocks
Heavy infantry battle dice are reduced from 5 dice down to 4
Light Bow Cavalry units can employ the Parthian Shot when they evade
(be interested to see if my suggestion has been adopted)
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4296829#4296829

so my guess is that it has a great deal more in common with Samurai Battles and Commands & Colors: Ancients, but I'm looking forwards to trying out the historical scenarios with the Commands & Colors: Medieval rules..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Medieval History fanMicrobadge: Ancient History fanMicrobadge: World at War: Eisenbach Gap fanMicrobadge: Warriors of God - The Wars of England & France, 1135-1453 fan
Wow, great news! The possibility of future expansions featuring these;

Visigoths, Vandals, Ostrogoths, Franks, Alemanni

...has me IN! Especially the Franks, Ostrogoths and Visigoths. It's a bit disappointing to me though that no mention of Turkic military units like the Bulgurs or Kazars aren't mentioned, but I guess that might be wishing for too much. If and when the Franks box set releases I will buy 2 to recreate the disaster that was Brunhilda and Fredegund. I don't see any mention if it'll feature leaders like C&C:A, which is something I'd reaally like. I could probably just use the more martial figs from the BL Heroes expansion. Man, the potential for integrating this with existing BL components has got me daydreaming!

I don't usually P500 because shipping from GMT often eats up any savings in comparison to my cost when ordered through my bargain FLGS. I'm thinking I'm going to push the [P500] button for this though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Shadows of Brimstone fanMicrobadge: Dice Tower Convention attendeeMicrobadge: 2020 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Star Trek Adventures RPG fan
kronovan wrote:
...the potential for integrating this with existing BL components has got me daydreaming!
Indeed, this is the stuff that dreams are made of. heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls