Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

TorontoBoardGamers» Forums » General

Subject: BoardGame Bash & Math Trade @ 401 Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Toronto No-Ship Math Trade for attendees of the BoardGame Bash hosted by the Toronto BoardGamers Meetup Group and 401 Games on Saturday October 15, 2016.

For more information about this (and other) events at 401 Games, check out:
- Toronto BoardGamers Meetup Event (group membership is required)
- 401 Games Event Centre

For more information and the full rules for the math trade, head to the geeklist here:
......... Trade Geeklist is located here.

Key Dates:
Submissions Open: Monday, September 19, 2016
Submissions Close: Sunday, October 9, 2016 after 10pm
Want Lists Due: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11pm
Results: Will be posted ASAP afterwards. Participants should check the results and advise of any technical errors or rules breaches before 12pm on Thursday, when these results will be finalized.

Trade Date & Location:
Where: Boardgame Bash @ 401 Games
When: Saturday October 15, 2016
Time: 12:00pm - drop off games
......... 12:30pm - pick up new games
......... 1:00pm - stay and play games as late as 11pm!

If you have questions after reading through the geeklist and linked guidelines, please post them here.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see that we've already had so many fantastic games posted! Thanks everyone for the continued support!

Also, a quick apology since it seems BGG sent my announcement email twice! Sorry!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaraCV wrote:
Great to see that we've already had so many fantastic games posted! Thanks everyone for the continued support!

Also, a quick apology since it seems BGG sent my announcement email twice! Sorry!

The Math Trade so nice BGG mailed it twice!
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time since I was in a Math Trade (or a board game meetup, for that matter...), but I have a few turds *ahem* games not aligned with my tastes that I can put out there!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, maybe I just haven't been in enough math trades recently, but am I wrong to say the "rate and auto-check" feature in the OLWLG is the best new feature ever?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:
So, maybe I just haven't been in enough math trades recently, but am I wrong to say the "rate and auto-check" feature in the OLWLG is the best new feature ever?


Yes! I just noticed it at my last trade and it's definitely a game changer!
Although be extra careful when setting your values because it's easy to get lazy and rely on the tool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While deleting items that are no longer available for trade helps clean up the geeklist a lot, I realize that it might be frustrating if you remember seeing a game listed but are not be able to find it later. So I will list the deleted games here (starting now - I can't remember the ones I've already deleted!).

was 496. Blood Rage by doubled356. Item removed by poster.
was 47. Orleans: Deluxe by mooken. Item removed by poster.
was 752. Quo Vadis? by lolas. Item removed by poster.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R.
Canada
flag msg tools
Quick question: I've listed one item with three copies. If I get rid of one of those copies before the trade, will changing the copies parameter here cause problems in the final trade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
veritascitor wrote:
Quick question: I've listed one item with three copies. If I get rid of one of those copies before the trade, will changing the copies parameter here cause problems in the final trade?


I don't see any reason that it would.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Nuttall
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've never taken part of a math trade, but I think it may work for me. Is it usually a good turn out? Would it be worth the drive from stoney creek?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonrandomhero wrote:
I've never taken part of a math trade, but I think it may work for me. Is it usually a good turn out? Would it be worth the drive from stoney creek?

800+ items already, and there's usually a flurry of additions near the deadline, so I'd say the turnout is pretty good! meeple You will be able to see the results of the math trade before the actual trade date, so you'll know if you got any matches or not without having to drive to Toronto. However, just keep in mind that if you DO get any matches, you are obliging yourself to make the trip
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Nuttall
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Nonrandomhero wrote:
I've never taken part of a math trade, but I think it may work for me. Is it usually a good turn out? Would it be worth the drive from stoney creek?

800+ items already, and there's usually a flurry of additions near the deadline, so I'd say the turnout is pretty good! meeple You will be able to see the results of the math trade before the actual trade date, so you'll know if you got any matches or not without having to drive to Toronto. However, just keep in mind that if you DO get any matches, you are obliging yourself to make the trip


This is all new to me. How do I add games, and how would I make my requests?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonrandomhero wrote:
Mashpotassium wrote:
Nonrandomhero wrote:
I've never taken part of a math trade, but I think it may work for me. Is it usually a good turn out? Would it be worth the drive from stoney creek?

800+ items already, and there's usually a flurry of additions near the deadline, so I'd say the turnout is pretty good! meeple You will be able to see the results of the math trade before the actual trade date, so you'll know if you got any matches or not without having to drive to Toronto. However, just keep in mind that if you DO get any matches, you are obliging yourself to make the trip


This is all new to me. How do I add games, and how would I make my requests?

I found this geeklist helpful: Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies (you can ignore the shipping stuff, and note that individual math trades may have their own particular rules)

The list to add your items can be found here: Toronto No-Ship Math Trade (Fall 2016). You will make your wantlist in the OLWLG (read the above link to learn what that is)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should also be a Math trade opening soon for CastleCon which is a 4 day gaming convention in the GTA the week after this one...so you have choice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
removed: 42. Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1 by mooken. Item removed by poster.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuan Hu
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no something came up and I am no longer available during the trade time. Anyone available to proxy for me? If not, I will submit a blank want list and wait for the next one.

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xuanhu wrote:
Oh no something came up and I am no longer available during the trade time. Anyone available to proxy for me? If not, I will submit a blank want list and wait for the next one.

Thanks in advance.


Would you need someone to pick up and deliver your games? And how many games are you expecting to trade?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately, I also won't be able to make the trade. I was hoping to spend the whole day playing games, but a family matter has come up. I will not submit my want list unless something changes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've removed all my items from this Math Trade as I'll be out of town on the day of the trade.

Item 58: Was El Capitan, removed by poster (monstrooper).
Item 69: Was Tikal, removed by poster (monstrooper).
Item 70: Was 1830, removed by poster (monstrooper).
Item 895: Was Medici vs Strozzi plus Sweetner: Hibernia, removed by poster (monstrooper).

Good luck with your trades!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The geeklist is locked down and the final sync to the OLWLG has been done! Time to start finalizing and submitting your want lists! Deadline: Wednesday at 11pm.

Happy trading!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And I submitted my want list... oh the Agony of waiting until Wednesday night!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlyn Paget
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small collection of Pirates of the Spanish Main that I'd like to give away. (I'm on a decluttering binge, and need to reduce my game collection.)

pm me if you're you'd like it!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What time can we arrive and start gaming on Saturday?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
slinkydink wrote:
What time can we arrive and start gaming on Saturday?


Unofficial answer, but they open at 10am that day.

Official answer given, this was incorrect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.