Popular Tags: minis [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know a good store in Milwaukee for purchasing miniatures, paints and such?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rieck
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of minatures are you looking for? I came across a Games Workshop near Southridge that has all the Warhammer stuff they make. Otherwise there's a place called Adventures in Gaming that has minatures as well. Finally, I've heard of a place in I think South Milwaukee that I haven't been to yet called Board Game Barrister...just looked it up, it's on south Kinnickinnic Avenue.

Not sure if that'll be much help or not, I'm not too into the minature games myself.

Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Last Stand in Madison is pretty amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
I try to avoid the GW stores (I won't buy their paints again until they fix the pots so the paint doesn't dry out) and I've been to Games Barrister in the past (great for boardgames, but not minis).
I'll check out Adventures in Gaming.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Brown
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Games universe in Hales Corners - great RPG selection to boot, but they don't carry miniature wargame stuff - just miniutures to support RPGs.
http://www.game-universe.com

For miniature wargames, the best place in town is probably Virtual Magic in Germantown.
http://www.virtualmagic.net/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo McCardel
United States
Ridgefield
WA
flag msg tools
You are mighty small, little Banjo, and your flippers are tired. But one day, you will become...
badge
BANJO...KING of the Seamonkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a caveat, I've been going to Virtual Magic/BFG Paintball since my first choice game store went out of business. They've got an average reward program and a great selection (of board/card/miniature games), but the staff is definitely geared toward the paintball business. There are also some cleanliness issues (which is amplified by the smell of the place) that make it hard for me to recommend.

The Hobbytown USA that used to be in Brookfield used to have a decent selection of miniatures. I would have to assume that they still have a decent selection even though they have moved to New Berlin (at the corner of National and Moorland). I can't confirm that, though, as I haven't been to the new location often enough to even remember what it looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, I'd really recommend Adventures In Gaming, next to Walgreens at 92nd and Oklahoma.

This month, Games Workshop stuff is 20% off.

BTW, if you are interested in Hordes or Warmachine, a few friends and I play on Tuesdays. Also, a great many people are very interested in miniatures in general, with Flames of War being particularly popular. Talk to the man behind the desk about a good night for anything in particular. If it isn't a game in particular but simple figures you are looking to paint, they've got a huge selection of stuff in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
To elaborate;

Boardgame Barrister is an unmatched powerhouse of board game goodness in the Milwaukke area... but light on anything other than board games.

Adventures in Gaming is the Valhalla of miniatures wargaming in the metro area... but light on other things.

Games Universe is a fantastic role playing game source... but not a juggernaut in other areas.

Any one of these stores would be happy to order anything you like, but if you are there to browse and lead is your addiction, AiG is the way to go. Don't forget to spread your business around to these three great stores though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update... Game Universe now has two store locations, the new one is in Brookfield, WI.

Our board game selection has grown 3 fold and they stock most all popular games you find here at BGG now.

Also, while still light on War Games in the south store - the Brookfield area has be devoid of a good store for ages and they're now ready to support those out there.

James

P.S. BFG/Virtual Magic are out of business now. Board Game Barrister and now Cav Games are both in BayView now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't been to a gaming store in Milwaukee in ages, but isn't Napoleon's in Shorewood still around? They used to have a good selection of miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope he went out of business about 3 years ago. Fortress Games (Menomonee Falls) went out of business about 2 years ago. Hobbytown USA in Brookfield moved to New Berlin and is now just a game room there. Advetures in Gaming (AGP) went out of business about 2 years ago. BFG/Virtual Magic in Germantown has closed just this last month. Rumor is that the Games Workshop store in 76th/layton is having problems and will move or close soon.

Been a rough time for Milwaukee Area Game stores...

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brown Deer
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:

P.S. BFG/Virtual Magic are out of business now. Board Game Barrister and now Cav Games are both in BayView now.

Just a stickler for geographic accuracy here. Both Board Game Barrister and Cav Games are in the Bayshore area (not Bayview, opposite sides of downtown). Board Game Barrister is in the Bayshore Town Center and Cav Games is nearby in Whitefish Bay.

Down in Bayview however, you will find Milwaukee Magic Cards and Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lee
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
Just an update... Game Universe now has two store locations, the new one is in Brookfield, WI.

Our board game selection has grown 3 fold and they stock most all popular games you find here at BGG now.

Also, while still light on War Games in the south store - the Brookfield area has be devoid of a good store for ages and they're now ready to support those out there.

James

I am new to the Milwaukee metro area and since I have found Game Universe my money will go no place else!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls