$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
175 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Brawling Brothers» Forums » General

Subject: 1st Annual Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza - Exchange ****UPDATE 12/1/16 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey everyone!!! Way to go we have 36 people participating!!! This is going to be great for everyone! All Santas have successfully been assigned! Make a fake Santa account and reach out to your target to get to know them! Most of all Merry Christmas season! Make this memorable for someone special!

Fresh

Welcome to the gift exchange. We at the Brawling Brothers strongly believe that our close knit community has grown significantly and we feel it is time to grow even closer by bringing our first Christmas Exchange to you the guild members and listeners. We want to provide a place for the members to find some extra Christmas cheer this year and really emphasize our belief that it is always best to lead by giving.

Replying to this thread does not sign you up for The Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza. You must join through the link provided below.

==== CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS AND REGISTRATION ====

By joining the exchange, you are agreeing to buy a gift for another user and have it shipped in time for Christmas. Your total cost for the game(s) and shipping should be a minimum of $50 USD.

A Strong word of Advice... Make this Special and Wrap the Present(s).

After Registration closes (sometime after 11:59pm (GMT -6) on November 30th) we secretly assign everyone a gift-giving target. This means that you will be the Brawlers Bonanza Gift Bringer for another Brawling Brothers Listener, and you will also get a gift in return!

Thanks Everyone.

We are looking forward to an awesome season of Giving.

Cheers to Bourbon, Boardgames, and Churros!!

Direct from the Rules Section:

5.) This is an international Christmas Bonanza. Anyone from any country is welcome to join. Understand that you very well may be given a target from a foreign country, so be prepared to factor international shipping into your gift.

Alternatively, you are given the option to pick which countries you are willing to ship to. However I strongly encourage you to not limit yourself as shipping a gift to someone in another country can be a very rewarding experience. The distinctly international flavor of the Brawling Bros Christmas Bonanza is one of the best aspects of it, in my opinion, so don't limit your options!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: 1st Annual Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza - Exchange Registration and Info
Thanks for organizing this Ryan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1st Annual Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza - Exchange Registration and Info
Looking forward to this one...thanks, Ryan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i had an email about a 404 error code when clicking the link... is anyone else having the issue.. I logged out and clicked the link as a non guild member and it still worked fine for me.

Fresh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1st Annual Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza - Exchange ****UPDATE 11/5/16****
We currently have 10 people signed up... We would love to see 50 people participate.

Thanks!

Fresh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Batsell
United States
Paris
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1st Annual Brawling Brothers Christmas Bonanza - Exchange ****UPDATE 11/5/16****
Thanks for organizing this Ryan! I'm in for the inaugural BB exchange. I hope to spread good cheer as the Brawling Brothers spread the laughter each episode.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashlee Cramb
Australia
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to be involved!! Quick question, is it OK to send a slightly used game that's on the receivers wish list as long as I also send a new game upto the value of $50 USD thats on their wishlist? I have quite a few games I've only played once and would love to send one to a loving new home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Elizabeth1000 wrote:
Excited to be involved!! Quick question, is it OK to send a slightly used game that's on the receivers wish list as long as I also send a new game upto the value of $50 USD thats on their wishlist? I have quite a few games I've only played once and would love to send one to a loving new home.

I think if anyone is against receiving used games, they should mention it here. Everyone knows I'm a stickler about my stuffs - but I'm totally good receiving used games.

I also think its a VERY good idea for all of the non-US'ers (Look Josh, I made a hyphenated word, thing!) To post links/contact info for FLGS and/or OLGS. In my experience shipping from the US to AUS, SWE, etc is very expensive and cuts down on the quality of gift that can be given.

For any of you non-US'ers that don't know, our big OLGS's here in the US are:

Coolstuff Inc.
Miniature Market
Game Surplus (Free shipping at $90)
Cardhaus
TimeWellSpent
Fun Again Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empulsive wrote:
I think if anyone is against receiving used games, they should mention it here. Everyone knows I'm a stickler about my stuffs - but I'm totally good receiving used games.

I also think its a VERY good idea for all of the non-US'ers (Look Josh, I made a hyphenated word, thing!) To post links/contact info for FLGS and/or OLGS. In my experience shipping from the US to AUS, SWE, etc is very expensive and cuts down on the quality of gift that can be given.

Good ideas Brandon. I am perfectly good with receiving used games.

Otherwise, I have 3 very good FLGSs nearby.

Boardgame Bliss
401 Games
Meeplemart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elizabeth1000 wrote:

To answer your question, if you are sending a New game and just want to make Christmas more special by loading someone up and sending a used favorite game or one off their list as well.. thats your deal! No worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin V
United States
flag msg tools
You're gonna have to get through me!
mbmbmbmbmb
So tempting... But between JVMF auction items and BGG Secret Santa, I'm already on the hook for two big boxes of gifts. I think I would end up in the North Pole if I signed up for another on, cause my wife would kick me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burgsrus wrote:
So tempting... But between JVMF auction items and BGG Secret Santa, I'm already on the hook for two big boxes of gifts. I think I would end up in the North Pole if I signed up for another on, cause my wife would kick me out.

I know the feeling.... hubby will kill me... but still some time to decide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I'm in! Thanks for organizing this, Ryan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
burgsrus wrote:

elephantgirl wrote:
burgsrus wrote:

I know the feeling.... hubby will kill me... but still some time to decide!

Regardless of your decisions, it's such a pleasure to see you both here in the guild, Landry & Mr. V!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for participating.. its going to be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't really see why we can't abuse the coupon codes / shipping deals in the BGG Gift Exchange thread... So here you go - Save monies and buy awesome gifts: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1671757/bgg-2016-secret...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Gordon
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in d10-7d10-0d10-7 from Canada!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my list of links to online Games Stores in Sweden that can ship to me without costing you an arm and a leg in shipping.

Problem is of course that they are in Swedish and you might have to let Chrome translate them (go Plugins!).

Science Fiction Bookshop
World of BoardGames
Collector's Point
Alpha Spel
Allt pƄ ett kort

/wolf

Brawling Brothers' Google Plus Community can be found here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are up to 17 registered.... lets keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: as I have absolutely no more room for new games, would it be ok to specify for this exchange to only get 'promos, accessories, expansions' for games I already own? Stuff that would fit in the boxes I already have, I mean? Or would that not be in the spirit of the season?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Gordon
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elephantgirl wrote:
Question: as I have absolutely no more room for new games, would it be ok to specify for this exchange to only get 'promos, accessories, expansions' for games I already own? Stuff that would fit in the boxes I already have, I mean? Or would that not be in the spirit of the season?

as long as you add them to your wishlist so we know what to look for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Gordon
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LadieStacey wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:

and there is ALWAYS more room for BGs cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LadieStacey wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:

That's the tricky bit, especially when it comes to promos and accessories. I started adding promos but it clutters up my wishlist a lot, making it look like games that have a lot of promos are may favorite. While some of my fav games never had a promo made. And when it comes to things like Broken Token dividers or card holders and such, they usually do not have an entry.

LadieStacey wrote:
LadieStacey wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:

That is demonstrably not true. At some point the rooms are just full and there is no basement or attic. And I just bought this place so no, I am not moving. Maybe I need to start storing boxes inside other boxes...

EDIT: I caved and just signed up... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Gordon
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elephantgirl wrote:
LadieStacey wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:

That's the tricky bit, especially when it comes to promos and accessories. I started adding promos but it clutters up my wishlist a lot, making it look like games that have a lot of promos are may favorite. While some of my fav games never had a promo made. And when it comes to things like Broken Token dividers or card holders and such, they usually do not have an entry.

LadieStacey wrote:
LadieStacey wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:

That is demonstrably not true. At some point the rooms are just full and there is no basement or attic. And I just bought this place so no, I am not moving. Maybe I need to start storing boxes inside other boxes...

EDIT: I caved and just signed up... blush

Yessssssssssssss! another victim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up! Thanks to an elf who tipped me off to this

I do have a concern - we will be travelling so will not be home. So I was wondering is it possible to request the gift is to be hold off until a specific date to ensure that I will be home to receive it?

We will be flying out on December 25th so theoretically it should arrive on time but things do get delayed and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.