Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff made the mistake of agreeing to sit down with us and talk about his new game Fog of War.

Please post if there are ANY questions you would like him to answered and we will do our best to try and ask and get answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has he ever played cribbage in real life?

How was the reception of Fog of War at BGG? Was this the first time it was in public?

Now that your kids are away do you still design together?

When is your holiday meet up this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I play games! You play games?!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to demo for Stronghold at BGG con and got to meet Geoff! It was a real treat as he is very friendly. Question for Geoff:

Fog of War was your first solo design, was this more or less difficult to design this way? Did you at times find yourself missing the input from your other family members?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wamba the Fool
United States
flag msg tools
Cabalist 'til death!
badge
Cabalist 'til death!
mbmbmbmbmb
What ideas or mechanisms from developing Fog of War does he want to try and use in a future design (tweaked or as-is)?

maybe combined with:

What ideas or mechanisms in FoW did he really like but unfortunately just HAD to cut during development?

What game has he always wanted to design but just hasn't yet for whatever reason? (What's his "grail" game from a design perspective)

What game does he enjoy playing that was a complete surprise? (Did not expect to enjoy at all from description/art/theme)

Is the Boardgame Renaissance still in its heady beginnings, or has it begun to mature/slow down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thediceyreview wrote:
I was lucky enough to demo for Stronghold at BGG con and got to meet Geoff! It was a real treat as he is very friendly. Question for Geoff:

Fog of War was your first solo design, was this more or less difficult to design this way? Did you at times find yourself missing the input from your other family members?

He answered this question on his podcast Ludology when they discuss fog of war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I play games! You play games?!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotos wrote:
thediceyreview wrote:

He answered this question on his podcast Ludology when they discuss fog of war.

Ahh! Then nevermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses. We were able to keep Geoff on his toes with your quesitons. Which is only fair since he kept us on ours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls