GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,286 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Colony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gamblng Den rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The gambling den isn't clear to me at all. If you are successful, you get all the matching dice from the supply. But the supply is the dice you rolled, not the supply in the middle (that would be a bit too good). That would also mean the 3rd (and maybe 2nd) player gets no dice?

Here's what I think:
A gamble with a single die (a 4).

I roll 441.

My gamble was successful. I win the 44 from the supply and also keep the 4 on the gambling den. I then choose the (only remaining die, the) 1 The player's to my left get nothing.

Is that right?

If I had rolled (say) 236 I would lose the four from my gambling den, but I could still pick any die as per my turn normally.

If not, Can someone provide a few examples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
No, the supply is the set of remaining dice, not the ones you rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you could literally win 10+ dice (if the supply had lots of a single value put into it?). I mean, that was my first interpretation, but it seems so amazingly unbalancing that I found it difficult to accept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
No, dice in the supply have no set values. In the example you give you would just get two dice from the supply and set them to 4 (and keep the die you gambled with). Then you take one of the dice you rolled and pass the other two as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that's what I was missing. That clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.