Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Master of Orion: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Similarity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Am i the only one who think the cardsystem is
nearly the same idea DEUS use ? Seems to me this is the source
of the mechanic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BRAUNFELS wrote:
Am i the only one who think the cardsystem is
nearly the same idea DEUS use ? Seems to me this is the source
of the mechanic.


Why do you say that? I don't think that is true at all because:
- in Deus you Have to play cards of the same color on top of each other in the same column and in Master of Orion you have 4 systems where you can place the cards that you want to place

- In Deus when you place a card in a column you activate all the cards placed previously in that column... that obviously doesn't happen in Master, it's quite the opposite, when you place a card on top of another card you are losing the power or action space that card provided

So no, I don't see any similarity between the two games aside the fact that in both games you place cards into columns that's about what they have in common...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Brechtel
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
That's what i said. Cards in columns. What's so earthshattering about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BRAUNFELS wrote:
That's what i said. Cards in columns. What's so earthshattering about that.


Well, if you want to go there, obviously both DEUS and Master of Orion are just rethemed, derivative versions of Klondike Solitaire!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BRAUNFELS wrote:
That's what i said. Cards in columns. What's so earthshattering about that.


First of all that's not what you said... Second, even if it was is having cards in columns enough to say that games are similar?!?


spartax wrote:
BRAUNFELS wrote:
That's what i said. Cards in columns. What's so earthshattering about that.


Well, if you want to go there, obviously both DEUS and Master of Orion are just rethemed, derivative versions of Klondike Solitaire!


Quoted for truth...

People like to compare things but come on... saying that Deus card system is nearly the same thing that's used in Master just because in both games cards are placed in columns makes no sense at all...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.