Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Board Game Geek!!!! It's a new year, so that means it's time for a new 365 Play Challenge!!!! The basic goal in this challenge is to log 365 plays over a 365 day (one year) period. Depending on how you complete this, there are different levels of microbadges to be awarded. Here are the completion levels for the various microbadges.

Microbage #1. (Participation Microbadge) - Anyone who participates in this event in any way shape or form will get this microbadge.

Microbadge #2. (365 Play Microbadge) - Anyone who can log 365 plays of games throughout the year will get this microbadge as well as the participation microbadge.

Microbadge #3. (365 Unique Games Microbadge) - Anyone who plays 365 DIFFERENT (or unique) games will get this microbadge as well as the participation and 365 play microbadges.

Microbadge #4. (The Game a Day Microbadge) - Anyone who logs at least one play every day in 2017 will get this Microbadge as well as the participation and 365 play microbadges.

Microbadge#5. (The Soloist Microbadge) - Anyone who can log 365 plays of solo (one player) games will receive this microbadge. (Note: Any game that has a one player mode (be it official, variant, fan-made, etc.) qualifies to be played for this microbadge.)

Microbadge #6. (The Challenge Accepted Microbadge) Anyone who can complete any level of all the challenges offered over the course of this year (weekday, weekend, and monthly) will get this microbadge.

Microbadge#7. (The Uber Gameaholic Completionist Microbadge) - Anyone who can complete the mammoth undertaking of logging 365 plays, 365 unique games, a game every day in 2017, 365 solo plays, and completing all of the challenges will get this super extra awesome microbadge as well as the participation, 365 play, 365 unique games, game a day, soloist, and challenge accepted microbadges.

There are also a few important things to remember when participating in this challenge.

-You need to LOG YOUR PLAYS ON BOARDGAMEGEEK. Otherwise, I really have no record of who has or hasn't completed the challenge. If you log your plays somewhere else online or in some other way, you can feel free to geekmail me a record of your plays, but I would highly encourage you to use BGG to log your plays, as that is certainly the easiest way for me to see if you have completed 365 plays in 365 days. It also helps BGG see what games we're playing and not playing. Logging plays also helps you to see what games you're playing and not playing in your collection. So, the moral of the story kids is...LOG YOUR PLAYS ON BOARDGAMEGEEK!!!! lol (Preferably. )

-ONLINE AND DIGITAL PLAYS OF ANY KIND DO NOT COUNT FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CHALLENGE!!!! There were a lot of questions asked about this last year, so I would just like to clarify up front that, for the purposes of this challenge only real life, face to face (unless it's a solo game lol), on a table plays (unless the game doesn't require a table lol) are counted towards the completion of this challenge. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!!!! G.I. JOE!!!! lol

-If you're going to participate in this challenge, please add an item to this geeklist: The 365 Play Challenge 2017 Edition Geeklist!!!! :) Adding an item to this geeklist will both let me know that you are participating, and it will give you a place where you can let me know that you have completed this challenge. In order to do that, simply comment on your geeklist item, and let me know what levels of the challenge that you have completed. This will make things tremendously easier for me!!!! Thanks so much, and thanks to
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for this awesome idea!!!!

That should be all of the important information. If you have any other questions, feel free to Geekmail me or just ask right here in this thread.

So there's the challenge. If you're brave enough, step up to the challenge. The time frame for this challenge is from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Feel free to use this thread to discuss and share any other gaming challenges that you may be working on. Also, feel free to discuss what games you find are getting a lot of use in this challenge, or simply to discuss whatever games you may be playing to complete this challenge. I hope you'll give the challenge a shot whether you complete it or not, and have fun with it. Enjoy the challenge, and play a lot of awesome games in 2017!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited to see this challenge take on 2017!

Many thanks to Cody for setting this up, and to all the others who were active in 2016 who are sticking around for another year of conversation, challenges, and encouragement!

My favorite part of 2016 was sticking to my game-a-day goal, so I'm definitely hoping to hit that again as well as the base 365 plays goal. Good luck, everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
2 down 363 to go!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have only 1 play. But next week I go to a 4-day long gaming con so I will log a looot of plays! Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge Accepted.
I'm pretty sure I'll get 365 plays in. The question is, can I do 365 unique games. I'll give it a whirl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. So far 4 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not very vocal in the thread but I do read it and find the challenges fun. I'm totally in for getting all 6 badges in 2017. I have 21 plays (9 solo) of 10 games already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
I'm totally in for getting all 6 badges in 2017.

Words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Nine plays so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
Joined up again. Sent you a GM about last year's badges too. Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am in!

I have never bothered to log plays and have regretted it for some time, so this will be my New Years resolution - not just to play, but to log.
Also, I have had an awesome multi week vacation filled with all day gaming so it is a good year to try for the challenge because I have a head start with so many plays under my belt this month.

I am excited, hopefully this helps get the dust off a few favorites that have been at the back of the queue for far too long too.

Good luck and good gaming everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pettersson
Sweden
Arvika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, item posted! Stepping up to the Game A Day challenge for this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy we're back this year. I'm trying for a game a day. It should be an interesting year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give this a go. 12 down already - it's a good start!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zander van't Zand
South Africa
Middelburg
Mpumalanga
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United Kingdom
Scunthorpe
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in commitments last year really hindered April/May/June and totally through my efforts for the rest of the year.

I'm hoping to play alot of Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game and hoping some Kingdom Death: Monster campaign's take off and I get to play those to completion.

I'm also going to subjugate my family to play more games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
psson73 wrote:

The Game A Day challenge! wow Impressiv. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't participate last year and logged 512 plays, so I'm up for it this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mason

North Wales
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for another year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pettersson
Sweden
Arvika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
psson73 wrote:

I plan to keep Zombie dice within easy reach for use when the going gets tough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wernerus
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Thanks for the challenge.

GamerforGod wrote:

Microbadge #4. (The Game a Day Microbadge) - Anyone who logs at least one play every day in 2016 will get this Microbadge as well as the participation and 365 play microbadges.

Microbadge#5. (The Uber Gameaholic Completionist Microbadge) - Anyone who can complete the mammoth undertaking of logging 365 plays, 365 unique games, and a game every day in 2016 will get this super extra awesome microbadge as well as the participation, 365 play, 365 unique games, and game a day microbadges.

I guess that would be 2017 instead of 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campbell
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
psson73 wrote:
joakim589 wrote:
psson73 wrote:

I plan to keep Zombie dice within easy reach for use when the going gets tough!

Can you play that solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren S.
United States
Silver Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in again!

Currently at 9 plays this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Violet Mackerel
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. 2017 will be my first full year of BGG and board-gaming, and I play enough games with my family that I think this is a good challenge for me. I'm also going to attempt to get our unplayed games at home down to zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [129] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.