Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a game night Friday playing Zombie Dice, Elder Sign (no expansions), Wonky, Unspeakable Words, and Munchkin Loot Letter (guess which one I got to pick?). Played Elder Sign with the Omens of Ice expansion on Saturday. Of these, I hadn't played Wonky, Unspeakable Words or Munchkin Loot Letter since 2016. Omens of Ice got its first play. So, four uniques for 2017! I'm not anywhere close to the microbadge for uniques, but I still like to score them. So many games left to play ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NiceGuyMike wrote:
(guess which one I got to pick?)

Zombie dice, right!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:
Soleia wrote:
TAMN wrote:
OK, I'm at 363 games played.
I'm set up to play Journey:Wrath of Demons this afternoon which will bring me to 364.

Here's the question - What should I play for game 365?

Here's my games owned list here.

There's an ongoing joke here about playing Scattergories for your 365th play. laugh Seriously, though, I'd go with a game you love. For me it was Roll for the Galaxy.
TAMN doesn't have Scattergories. I checked.

I'm just pleased that you checked. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NiceGuyMike wrote:
Played Elder Sign with the Omens of Ice expansion on Saturday. Omens of Ice got its first play.

I liked this expansion - it really does change game play. It took us a while to figure a strategy for it as it is quite different to the base and the other expansions - though I'm not saying we have a winning strategy just yet!
How did you find it?

I don't have Scattergories - that'd be pretty funny, maybe there should be another badge for this challenge for people that make their 365th game Scattergories!

We played Roborally last week with neighbours - I haven't played in years and it was fun, especially when you get left and right as mixed up as I do!!

I didn't mark that Gloomhaven is on order from the last KS so I don't have that yet (I've fixed my pre-orders in my list) but I'm glad to see so many people suggest it, means it must be good!

The first game this year was Villages of Valeria which, coincidentally, is a game I love.

I have a feeling it will be Journey: Wrath of Demons as that's on the table, though I only need one more Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for my 10x10 and we just got wave 1 Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 and I just love that big, weird, game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the chance to play Bob Ross: Art of Chill Game yesterday! It was actually a lot of fun and ended up being a close game between my best friend, my husband and me (my husband won). My BFF is a painter who grew up learning from Bob Ross; needless to say, she was pretty excited when I gave her the game as a welcoming gift (she just moved to my state). It's a fun set collection game in which you are trying to complete paintings before your opponents (or Bob) can. It has a die you roll at the beginning of each turn and one side has Bob on it which means Bob progresses the painting. Once when it was rolled my husband and best friend simultaneously shouted, "Bob!!!!" laugh

In moving news, things are finally happening and we might really for real this time be moving very soon, so I have packed up most of my games. I never realized how much space they took up until I tried to put them into boxes... I have to say, it has been an arduous task, but I love my games! Of course, I'm leaving a few games accessible by storing them in my awesome tackle bag of gaming goodness. Though not packing Star Trek: Frontiers was perhaps just wishful thinking. whistle

Anyway, sorry for spamming this thread! I just haven't posted much lately and wanted to catch up. If anybody has any moving tips let me know! We've still got a lot of work to do. Have a blessed week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And before I go, I'll drop this here...

October Weekday Challenge #4 (Oct. 23-26) - The Moving Challenge!!!

Play games which involve moving things from one place to another - pickup and deliver games especially, but if those are limited in your collection I'll also accept games in which you move pieces around the board (which should please even the most Spartan game collector!). Playing cards or rolling dice doesn't count as moving pieces for the purpose of this challenge- preferably there is a map of sorts upon which pieces somehow progress.

The first step - Play 2 "moving" games
Just down the street - Play 4 "moving" games
Next town over - Play 6 "moving" games
Across the country - Play 8 "moving" games
The journey of 1000 miles - Play 10 "moving" games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TAMN wrote:
NiceGuyMike wrote:
Played Elder Sign with the Omens of Ice expansion on Saturday. Omens of Ice got its first play.

I liked this expansion - it really does change game play. It took us a while to figure a strategy for it as it is quite different to the base and the other expansions - though I'm not saying we have a winning strategy just yet!
How did you find it?

It was very difficult (but I loved it), and I'd have lost if I played correctly. I feel positive I missed some things, though, as it was a solo run and I was not familiar enough to track everything right.

I thought the storm cloud thing was completely insane ... I've never felt that strongly about the weather before! What's your read on the final track item on that: add two doom counters every turn from there on out, or it never gets any worse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:
NiceGuyMike wrote:

Zombie dice, right!?

Well, OK, I picked that one, too, because I'd gotten a bunch of new brain tokens and wanted to play with them. Unfortunately, my opponent likened them to dried pieces of gum, which sort of turned my stomach. Although you'd have thought handling brains would have done that. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NiceGuyMike wrote:
Soleia wrote:
NiceGuyMike wrote:

Zombie dice, right!?

Well, OK, I picked that one, too, because I'd gotten a bunch of new brain tokens and wanted to play with them. Unfortunately, my opponent likened them to dried pieces of gum, which sort of turned my stomach. Although you'd have thought handling brains would have done that. :-)

Haha! My daughter likes to put her toy brains in a science beaker filled with water- now THAT is a scary sight. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:
I had the chance to play Bob Ross: Art of Chill Game yesterday! It was actually a lot of fun and ended up being a close game between my best friend, my husband and me (my husband won). My BFF is a painter who grew up learning from Bob Ross; needless to say, she was pretty excited when I gave her the game as a welcoming gift (she just moved to my state). It's a fun set collection game in which you are trying to complete paintings before your opponents (or Bob) can. It has a die you roll at the beginning of each turn and one side has Bob on it which means Bob progresses the painting. Once when it was rolled my husband and best friend simultaneously shouted, "Bob!!!!" laugh

In moving news, things are finally happening and we might really for real this time be moving very soon, so I have packed up most of my games. I never realized how much space they took up until I tried to put them into boxes... I have to say, it has been an arduous task, but I love my games! Of course, I'm leaving a few games accessible by storing them in my awesome tackle bag of gaming goodness. Though not packing Star Trek: Frontiers was perhaps just wishful thinking. whistle

Anyway, sorry for spamming this thread! I just haven't posted much lately and wanted to catch up. If anybody has any moving tips let me know! We've still got a lot of work to do. Have a blessed week!

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NiceGuyMike wrote:
TAMN wrote:
NiceGuyMike wrote:

How did you find it?

It was very difficult (but I loved it), and I'd have lost if I played correctly. I feel positive I missed some things, though, as it was a solo run and I was not familiar enough to track everything right.

I thought the storm cloud thing was completely insane ... I've never felt that strongly about the weather before! What's your read on the final track item on that: add two doom counters every turn from there on out, or it never gets any worse?

It's hard - I have it as my 'Snow themed' game on my 52 game challenge!

I don't want to say too much about strategy - half the fun is figuring it out yourself, and there may well be other, better ways to play than the way we do!

We often play pseudo-4 player (2 of us controlling 2 investigators each, for 4 investigators), sometimes regular 2 player. Pseudo-4 player is slightly less difficult.

Using Great Old Ones from the base game/other expansions (they don't have storm markers on their Doom tracks) gives you more fine control on varying the difficulty too.
And, we always play with Unseen Forces mixed in, it never hurts to have a chance to get Blessed!

The Summer Day tracker? - I read it as place 2 Doom Tokens, move back to day 7. Then on the next 'At Midnight' add 2 Doom Tokens & move back to day 7 - repeat. So, you're not adding Storm markers from the Day tracker at that point, just from Adventures, cards, At Midnight effects...... If you're at that point, you're in so much trouble it'll all be over soon anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:

Nice. I will try to go the 1000 miles. Good luck with moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just discovered what my 365th game was and 1000th game. Neither of them ones that i would have chosen.

365 was Munchkin Marvel.
1000 was Century: Spice Road
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
October Monthly Challenge - A Decade of Gaming Challenge! (Oct. 1-31)

pawnpusher wrote:
The challenge is to play at least one game from each of the years in one or more decades.

Levels:
1/2 decade (5 consecutive years): Good start
1 decade: Well done!
2 decades: What a score!
3 decades: Trifecta!

I post this now so I don't forget it. I reached the 1 decade level.

2017 - Codenames Duet, NMBR 9, Bärenpark, Dice Forge, Sagrada, The 7th Continent, 13 Minutes: The Cuban Missile Crisis
2016 - Conan, Exit The Game – The Abandoned Cabin, Hit Z Road, Germania Magna, Oceanos
2015 - Mmm!, Exploding Kittens
2014 - Onirim, Camel Up
2013 - PMC 2640, Glass Road
2012 - Central Market, FrankenDie, Guld & Bly
2011 - The Lord of the Rings The Card Game
2010 - Nuns on the Run
2009 - Delve The Dice Game
2008 - Pandemic
2007 - Get Bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:

Play games which involve moving things from one place to another - pickup and deliver games especially, but if those are limited in your collection I'll also accept games in which you move pieces around the board (which should please even the most Spartan game collector!). Playing cards or rolling dice doesn't count as moving pieces for the purpose of this challenge- preferably there is a map of sorts upon which pieces somehow progress.
Can you watch the rules video for SPY and tell me whether that counts? My daughter wanted to play it. I hadn't yet checked this thread to see whether there was a challenge. If you don't think it qualifies, that's ok. I've missed several challenges (including the one earlier this month when the weekend challenge was posted on Sunday), so it doesn't matter anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:
Soleia wrote:

Can you watch the rules video for SPY and tell me whether that counts? My daughter wanted to play it. I hadn't yet checked this thread to see whether there was a challenge. If you don't think it qualifies, that's ok. I've missed several challenges (including the one earlier this month when the weekend challenge was posted on Sunday), so it doesn't matter anymore.

I would say that counts because the spy is moving around the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't have a choice of game tonight, the group really wanted to play Raxxon. That made it an even 1000 for the year and the 363rd unique game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved around in Valerian: The Alpha Missions yesterday. Had fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
October. Last weekend challenge 27-29 oct - Cult of the New Challenge

Play newly published games (2016-2017) or games new to you. You can play a game (eg new to you) more then one time, and count all plays.

Level 1: play 2 games
Level 2: play 5 games
Level 3: play 10 games
Level 4: play 15 games
Level 5: play 20 games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:

Play newly published games (2016-2017) or games new to you. You can play a game (eg new to you) more then one time, and count all plays.

Perfect for Essen weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:

Thanks for the challenge - what a good idea. :-)
How about games published in 2018?
Sorry - I'm test playing some and just had to ask!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TAMN wrote:
joakim589 wrote:

Thanks for the challenge - what a good idea. :-)
How about games published in 2018?
Sorry - I'm test playing some and just had to ask!!

2018 etc are ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:

The first step - Play 2 "moving" games
Just down the street - Play 4 "moving" games
Next town over - Play 6 "moving" games
Across the country - Play 8 "moving" games
The journey of 1000 miles - Play 10 "moving" games

I got the Across the country level. I played 8 games with moving parts:

Valerian: The Alpha Missions
Photosynthesis
Loot Island
Alien Artifacts
Rajas of the Ganges
Pioneers
Oh! Yummy Burger to Go!
Downforce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To all those still in the play a game a day challenge, welcome to day 300, 65 to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just happened to play the perfect game for my challenge this week, but sadly it was the only play I got in. The game was Park and Shop, a cute little roll-and-move from the 50s. Nothing too deep and highly luck based, but fun none the less and it didn't last forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  123 , 124 , 125 , 126 , 127  Next »  [129] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.