Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Pettersson
Sweden
Arvika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil68 wrote:
psson73 wrote:
I plan to keep Zombie dice within easy reach for use when the going gets tough!

Can you play that solo?

Nope, I've got my wife involved as well! For really bad cases there's always Onirim, Friday and others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again this year!

2015: 422 plays
2016: 411 plays
2017: 4 plays (and counting... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game night this year: Oceanos, and New Angeles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
First game night this year: Oceanos, and New Angeles.

Good choices!!!! I picked up Oceanos towards the end of last year, and I have really enjoyed it!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there 365 Play Challenge!!!! It's the first full weekend of the year, so let's have a weekend challenge!!!! Here it is!!!!

WEEKEND CHALLENGE JANUARY 2017 #1 - THE BIG CHALLENGE!!!!

This weekend, let's start the year off with a bang and try to log a lot of plays!!!! Most of my weekend challenges don't require a whole lot of plays, so I'm going to challenge you to play more than normal this weekend. So here you go!!!! Enjoy!!!!

The Not Very Big Level - Log 5 plays of games this weekend!!!!

The Moderately Big Level - Log 10 plays of games this weekend!!!!

The BIG Level - Log 15 plays of games this weekend!!!!

The Texas-Sized Level - Log 20 plays of games this weekend!!!!

There you are!!!! Enjoy the first challenge, and log a big number of plays!!!! Now get out there and log those plays!!!! Enjoy, and have a blessed weekend!!!!

Edit: Also, as a reminder, weekend challenges include any plays that are logged on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, whereas weekday challenges include all plays logged Monday through Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
We played a TON last weekend and continued into the start of this week, vacation just ended today though so I will try but I doubt we (husband and I) will beat our 32 plays in the previous 5 days.

Eeek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again 365 Play Champions!!!! Last year, I toyed with the idea of having monthly challenges in addition to our weekday and weekend challenges. This year, I would like to play with that toy!!!! lol So we're going to have monthly challenges every month!!!! So here's the first one!!!!

January 2017 Monthly Challenge - The Big Monthly Challenge!!!!

Like our first weekend challenge, we're just going to try to get a lot of plays on the board during January, so stop shoveling snow, get inside where it's nice and warm, and log a lot of plays!!!!

The Itty Bitty Level - Log 20 Plays of Games over the course of this month!!!!

The "I Think I See Something" Level - Log 30 Plays of games over the course of this month!!!!

The Grande Level - Log 40 Plays of Games over the course of this month!!!!

The "We're Gonna' Need a Bigger Boat" Level -Log 50 Plays of Games over the course of this month!!!!

Alright, that should give you a pretty good amount to work on for the month of January!!!! But don't worry, you can do it!!!! Go log those plays, and have fun!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again!

(I also sent you a GeekMail since I didn't get a microbadge from the 2016 challenge.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, another new thing that I am adding to this year's challenge is board game giveaways. I'm going to try to do these monthly as well. I would also like to try and get people to volunteer to buy the games for the giveaway each month. If we can get someone different to volunteer each month, no one will have to do this for more than one month, so it won't set anyone back to much financially. Also, if you are the person purchasing the game, you can determine the parameters of the giveaway. You get to decide if you're going to do a drawing, competition, etc. I am going to do the first month. So here are the parameters for this month's giveaway!!!!

January 2017 - 365 Play Challenge Monthly Giveaway #1!!!!

At the end of this month, I am going to do a drawing to giveaway a free board game to one of the lucky members of the 365 Play Challenge!!!! In order to get into the drawing you need to complete at least four of the challenges for the month of January (weekday, weekend, and/or monthly). To complete a challenge, simply complete any of the four levels of the challenge, and post that you have completed it on your geeklist item that you made for The 365 Play Challenge 2017 Edition Geeklist!!!! :) Also, if you happen to complete every challenge for the month of January, then I will enter your name into the drawing 3 times!!!! So, if you complete at least four challenges, you get entered into the drawing once, and if you complete all of the challenges, you get entered into the drawing three times!!!! Again, to complete a challenge, you can complete any level of the challenge (it doesn't need to be the highest level, the lowest level works just as well), and don't forget to post that you did it in the comments on your geeklist item!!!!

For the first monthly giveaway, here are the games that are available for winning.

The Castles of Burgundy

Broom Service

Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King

Hansa Teutonica

The winner of the drawing can select one of these four games, and I will purchase and ship it to you!!!! If you win and you already own all four of these games, I would be glad to purchase a game for you that is around the same price as these games ($30). This giveaway is also available to all of our international participants. So complete some challenges, and good luck in the drawing!!!! Enjoy the giveaway!!!!

Also, if you are interested in providing the games for some of our future monthly giveaways, just send me a geekmail and let me know. We can then discuss what month you want to provide game(s) for. Also, remember that you are in complete control of your giveaway. You get to determine the parameters for winning and the game/games that you want to giveaway!!!! Geekmail me if you're interested, and thanks in advance!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And my personal weekend challenge...IS TO GET ALL THE MICROBADGE INFORMATION SUBMITTED SO EVERYONE FROM LAST YEAR'S CHALLENGE CAN GET THERE MICROBADGES!!!! lol WOOHOO!!!! lol I will let you know when I complete the microbadge submission list!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Snyder
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! I've done this two years now. Killed it the first year, failed this past year by about 50 plays or so...

Ready to get back into it this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday

1 x Mechs vs. Minions.

4 x Coup.

Weekend challenge total so far: 5 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re-drawings/giveaways to give more incentive to play! What a great idea!

Couple questions -

What are the weekday challenges? Mon-Thu totals starting next week?
Does completing one simply mean placing, or the biggest objective?

Would purchasing from Amazon and sending the item to the participant directly count as a donated game? Could you have it be a *wildcard* game in that instance and allow the winner to choose any game they wanted at a certain price point?

ETA - or CSI, MM, or funagain for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerforGod wrote:
I picked up Oceanos towards the end of last year, and I have really enjoyed it!!!!

Yes. It is a nice game, with some nice drafting. I like that there is some strategies not only that card to chose, but also then to use fuel, and take more cards, and also then to use divers, and then and what upgrades to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobombsayian wrote:
Re-drawings/giveaways to give more incentive to play! What a great idea!

Couple questions -

What are the weekday challenges? Mon-Thu totals starting next week?
Does completing one simply mean placing, or the biggest objective?

Would purchasing from Amazon and sending the item to the participant directly count as a donated game? Could you have it be a *wildcard* game in that instance and allow the winner to choose any game they wanted at a certain price point?

ETA - or CSI, MM, or funagain for that matter.

1. Each month, I issue several weekday/weekend challenges. I try to issue a weekend challenge by Friday and a weekday challenge by Monday. The challenges can be any number of things ranging from playing deckbuilding games, to playing solo games, to playing more games than anyone else, to playing games from other user's top ten list. I will list the criteria for completing each challenge when I list the challenge. There are almost always four levels to a challenge scaling from easy to medium to hard to ninja. As long as you complete ANY of the four levels then you have qualified as completing that particular challenge.

2. The person who decides to provide the game for the month can determine however they would like to provide it. I personally will be purchasing the game from (most likely) amazon and shipping it to the winner. But you can use any website, or you can send a game that you already own. That is completely up to the provider of the game. You could also name a price and say that you will buy any game or games that cost that price or less. The sky is that limit here. So go wild and be super generous. The joy someone gets from receiving new games is the best part of the giving experience!!!!

I pray that this answers your questions!!!! Please feel free to respond if you have any further questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cody! I am so excited to see the challenges starting up again, you have no idea! meeplemeeplemeeple

I love to have new reasons to pull out different games... this "log a lot of plays" idea both for the weekend and for the whole month will definitely inspire me to get a lot of little plays in with my daughter in between other activities...!

So far (as of Friday night, 1/6), I have 26 plays since the first - 5 of them today (so they count towards our weekend challenge)... so I am off and running!

Today, for example, I played some games with my daughter during the day - Just Desserts, Blend Off!, and Chef Alfredo (yes, she's a foodie!) - and then the whole family played Takenoko and Bang! after dinner.

LOVE
the idea of the monthly prizes too and although I'm not in a place where I can offer to provide the prize for February... hopefully things will be more settled and I can take one of the later months this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:

6 x Star Realms. They told me I'd be hooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NiceGuyMike wrote:
Friday:

6 x Star Realms. They told me I'd be hooked.

How right they were!!!! I love me some Star Realms too!!!! lol Welcome to the Galaxy!!!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerforGod wrote:
And my personal weekend challenge...IS TO GET ALL THE MICROBADGE INFORMATION SUBMITTED SO EVERYONE FROM LAST YEAR'S CHALLENGE CAN GET THERE MICROBADGES!!!! lol WOOHOO!!!! lol I will let you know when I complete the microbadge submission list!!!!

PERSONAL WEEKEND CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!! WOOHOO!!!! lol It only took 4 and 1/2 hours, but I finally compiled all of the microbadge information and submitted it!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Prayerfully you should start receiving 2016 microbadges soon!!!! I will also try to get started on the 2017 participation microbadges soon so you guys can actually have them while you are participating in the challenge!!!! lol

Also, here are the stats from our first year of the 365 Play Challenge.

Number of Participants: 223

Number of 365 Play Challenges Completed: 92

Number of Game a Day Challenges Completed: 4

Number of 365 Unique Games Challenges Completed: 3

Number of Uber Gameaholic Challenges Completed: 3

Great first year guys and gals!!!! Thank you all for making it awesome!!!! Now, let's see more than three people do the gameaholic level this year!!!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Nicholson
United States
Gilmer
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Count me in 7 plays so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonie Schwalb
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After I participated last year,but missed out on all the Weekend and Weekday challenges, I will try to do them as well.

Is there a chance you put the weekend and Weekday challenges in the comments of the Geeklist, too? I love reading through this forum, but sometimes, when I am looking up, what the challenge was, I have to go through so many pages to find it, that it is a challenge in itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calcapone wrote:
Count me in 7 plays so far

Awesome!!!! Welcome back, and don't forget to add an item to the new geeklist that I've created for this year's challenge so that I can see how your progress is coming and know when you've completed the challenge.

The 365 Play Challenge 2017 Edition Geeklist!!!! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pangur Ban wrote:
After I participated last year,but missed out on all the Weekend and Weekday challenges, I will try to do them as well.

Is there a chance you put the weekend and Weekday challenges in the comments of the Geeklist, too? I love reading through this forum, but sometimes, when I am looking up, what the challenge was, I have to go through so many pages to find it, that it is a challenge in itself.

That's a great idea!!!! I will add them there as well!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday

10 x Onirim

1 x Sylvion

Weekend challenge total so far: 16 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kath Foley
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Accepting the challenge as our aim is to play at least one game a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [129] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.