Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Closing in on Texas-Sized in the first weekend challenge. I have 18 plays in and two tomorrow will be a snap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week One Update:

I had an awesome week of gaming - lots of new games from the holidays, lots of new challenges, lots of time at home (no co-op classes yet, MechDaddy was off on Monday, etc.), and lots of motivation led to:

January 1-7
36 plays of 32 unique games

Progress on Challenges:
365 Play weekend challenge - 15/20 for Jan 6-8
365 Play monthly challenge - 36/50 for January
365 Play Challenge - 36/365
365 Unique Games Challenge - 32/365
Play Every Day Challenge - 7/365
365 Solo Challenge - 0/365 (Not sure if I'm trying this one!)

Alphabet Challenge - 21/26
100x1 Challenge - 32/100
Creative 12/12 Challenge - 9/12 for January
52 Games Challenge - 12/52
Comfort 10x10 Challenge - 6/100
Cult of the New 10x10 Challenge - 4/100

(Links to all these challenges are in my profile, if you're curious.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fun, count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!!!! I'm glad to see that many of you have already completed the weekend challenge, and that some of you are even already clearing the monthly challenge!!!! Great work!!!! Well, since you guys are so good at clearing challenges, I'm going to give you another one!!!! lol

January 2017 - Weekday Challenge #1 - The Lonely Challenge!!!! (Monday, January 9 - Thursday, January 12)

This week, try to work towards that 365 Solo Plays Microbadge by logging plays of solo games. Even if you aren't primarily a solo gamer, you most likely have games that have solo modes (Agricola, Race for the Galaxy, Ginkgopolis, Fuse, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, just to name a few lol). This may be a new experience for some of you, but solo gaming has a lot to offer. So broaden those horizons and try out some solo gaming this week!!!! (If you just absolutely have zero access to solo games, then try to play the games in your collection that require the fewest number of people to be played. But if you can, try some solo games.)

The Not Very Solo Level - Log 2 plays of solo games this week!!!!

The Solo Level - Log 4 plays of solo games this week!!!!

The Red Solo Gamer Level - Log 6 plays of solo games this week!!!!

The More Solo than Han Solo Level - Log 10 plays of solo games this week!!!!

Enjoy the challenge guys and gals!!!! Now let's get out there and play board games alone...together!!!! lol Have a blessed week!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday

2 x Pandemic Legacy: Season 1

2 x Sylvion

Weekend challenge total: 20 plays.

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #1 Texas-Sized Level Complete!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea for a challenge, Cody. I bought Onirim (second edition) last year, played only 2 or 3 times in spring and haven't played since - I figured out I don't like playing solo that much. But I will try to bust it open for at least 2 other games this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerforGod wrote:
Hi everybody!!!! I'm glad to see that many of you have already completed the weekend challenge, and that some of you are even already clearing the monthly challenge!!!! Great work!!!! Well, since you guys are so good at clearing challenges, I'm going to give you another one!!!! lol

January 2017 - Weekday Challenge #1 - The Lonely Challenge!!!! (Monday, January 9 - Thursday, January 12)

This week, try to work towards that 365 Solo Plays Microbadge by logging plays of solo games. Even if you aren't primarily a solo gamer, you most likely have games that have solo modes (Agricola, Race for the Galaxy, Ginkgopolis, Fuse, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, just to name a few lol). This may be a new experience for some of you, but solo gaming has a lot to offer. So broaden those horizons and try out some solo gaming this week!!!! (If you just absolutely have zero access to solo games, then try to play the games in your collection that require the fewest number of people to be played. But if you can, try some solo games.)

Enjoy the challenge guys and gals!!!! Now let's get out there and play board games alone...together!!!! lol Have a blessed week!!!!

I love to play solo games. Some of my games are not actually intended to be played solo though- Andor, and DC Comics Forever Evil for starters-. Would these games be accepted as solo games or do they actually need to be classified as solo or one plus players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in on this -- off to a good start because we had a snowed in weekend and I was able to get the family in on many plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lady Baynes
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea. Our family has logged 28 plays so far. Off to a good start. I think it's time to put Letters to Santa to bed until next Christmas though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for this year as well, after completing it last year

As of now 5 done, 360 to go.

GamerforGod wrote:

Challenge accepted. I have a lot of games that I tend to play solo, so I should have no problem finishing all the tiers of this challenge. Time to break out some Lord of the Rings LCG and Arkham Horror LCG, with a smattering of Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Pathfinder, and who knows what else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yay! I'm in! really hope I can get the callenge 4 of 365 plays - one each day, but the regular 365 plays are probably more realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First weekend challenge complete!

I'd love to hear what games everyone played this weekend... and what solo games you're pondering for the week (NOT my usual - I think I played ONE solo game in 2016, so I need suggestions!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonie Schwalb
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisecobabe wrote:

I'd love to hear what games everyone played this weekend... and what solo games you're pondering for the week (NOT my usual - I think I played ONE solo game in 2016, so I need suggestions!).

I played a lot of Onirim and Friday today. Maybe I will break out some coops tomorrow, but play them solo.

At the Weekend we played longer games, like The Others and Eldritch Horror, thus not logging that many games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pangur Ban wrote:
I played a lot of Onirim and Friday today. Maybe I will break out some coops tomorrow, but play them solo.

I don't have Onirim or Friday in my collection (YET - if I decide to really try for the solo games challenge this year I will probably pick up one or both - which one do you like better?)... but playing co-ops at the solo setting is a good idea - I will have to look through the co-ops we have and see which ones can run that way. (Flash Point, Pandemic, Castle Panic, Escape, The Grizzled, Shadows Over Camelot...?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Texas-sized.

Played a LOT of Star Realms because I am currently obsessed with it, plus Valeria Card Kingdoms, which I am learning, and a ton of stuff I played at a game night on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MamaGames
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it turns out that many of my favorite co-op games don't list a solo variant on the box or in the rules... but I did peruse my shelves and come up with a partial list of other games I have that give a 1 player rule:

Castle Panic (and Star Trek Panic)
Castles of Mad King Ludwig
Catan Dice
Dice City
Don Quixote
Escape: Curse of the Temple (but oddly, not Escape: Zombie City)
Harbour
Mondo
Roll Through the Ages

I'm going to give some of these a go at the one-player setting this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Stolarczyk
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Microbage #1. (Participation)
thumbsup

Microbadge #2. (365 Play)
d10-0d10-9d10-1

Microbadge #3. (365 Unique Games)
d10-0d10-4d10-1

Microbadge #4. (The Game a Day)
thumbsdown

Microbadge#5. (Gameaholic)
thumbsdown

Microbadge#6. (The Soloist)
d10-0d10-2d10-5

Updates after each month. Last update: end of Feb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisecobabe wrote:

My favorite co-ops that i play as solos are Pandemic, Castle panic, Friday(Solo only) forbidden desert and forbidden island. -I have serious love of Arkham Horror too, but i've yet to completely figure it out.

Some of the games i am absolutly purchasing this year that can be played solo are Onirum, Sylvion, Castellion, Urbion, Mage Knight, Robinson Crusoe, Explorers of the North Sea, Neanderthal, and Yggdrasil.

Hopefully this list may help you find some love for the solo play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just made it to 373 last year, let's see if I can do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I only made The Not Very Big Level. I had 11 plays over the weekend, but 4 of them were for another challenge and can't be counted for any other challenge, so that leaves 7 plays for the weekend challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kowynia
United States
Bedford
TX
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, I am in this year. Looking forward to the challenge. This is my first year though, do I just add games played to the game log or do I gotta do something else? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
siredofk wrote:
Ok, I am in this year. Looking forward to the challenge. This is my first year though, do I just add games played to the game log or do I gotta do something else? Thanks.

Each time you play a game, you will simply make sure that you log the fact that you played it and record any game related information (who played, scores, colors, turn order, etc.) as well. This can either be done on Board Game Geek directly or from the Board Game Geek App. I pray this helps, and welcome to the challenge!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi cool kids!!!! I just wanted to make a quick clarification about the solo games for this challenge. I had initially stated that I was only accepting solo plays of games with official solo modes. However, I have decided to accept solo plays of any solo mode (be it official, variant, fan made, etc.). The original post has been edited to reflect this!!!! Now enjoy those unofficial solo games!!!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so no one thinks I've backed out this year just stopping by to say I'm in! Just got back from out of state and have been going through some crazy life stuff but I'm still here. Will post in the geeklist soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [129] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.