6 Posts

Marvel Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Board Breaking Apart rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Probably won't ever be in Marvel Legendary...
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up awhile back from another BGG user when I heard it was OOP and I couldn't pass it up after seeing the miniatures. When I received the game everything was in near mint condition.

The other day decided to dig through the rule book and open up the board while I learned how to play. The board had trouble opening up completely. I didn't want to force it because there was a lot of resistance when trying to push it flat. I noticed that the image and the board were separated by looking on the edge of the board and seeing a decent gap in between the two. The glue that was holding the image to the board had gone bad apparently. I don't keep the board game anywhere that it would collect moisture and it has been closed for a almost a year.

Right now I am using other board game boxes to weigh down the board in hopes that it will flatten out completely. I am worried about the board and I am worried about damaging it. After it flattens out I intend on using glue to reattach the image to the actual board.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this or any other game? Am I doing the right thing, have any tips for me? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, they were all like this. After my third (!) board from FFG, I gave up and decided that glue and tape was going to be my best option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used my kid's glue stick to repair it and it has been perfect since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One_Wolf wrote:
I used my kid's glue stick to repair it and it has been perfect since.

Used kid glue as well, but after some (long) time it may unstick...
So I re-glued it, but dont want to put too much glue each time in order to not soak the board paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Probably won't ever be in Marvel Legendary...
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your quick responses! I wasn't sure how quick I'd get a response, let alone multiple responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Mr. Spacely was one crooked son of a bitch and I can prove it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this in years but after reading your post I thought I'd check mine. Yep, coming apart just like you described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls