Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hi everyone,
I'm Gary Pan, some of you may know me if you play high level games on BGO or BGA. My name is also printed on the back of the Code of Laws of the new version as the top online tester. coolI believe(and sure) I am currently the best TTA player in the world without one of the best before the title. As I just seem to master the game and can't even lose a single match. I proposed games with titles like expert in live game or only expert pls but the results were just the same inevitable one, they all got crushed.devil I once play a series of games with a guy and he simply changed the name of the game from I never lose to I never win. What a poor child(but still better than most of you, believe me).
I am now open to any challenge on BGO. Please, just find someone to defeat me. I'm tired of winning already.snore If you believe you have mastered the game or you know someone does, I desperately want you to bring him to me. I love this game, but it turns boring when you know you gonna win anyway before the match begins.
Just create a game on BGO and invite me, I will try my best to let you feel the total depression, the inevitable, the gap that will never be closed, the fear of being absolutely dominated and the what the best player in the world really means.devil
Defeat me, and take the title. I am pleased to give it away.
Let's have some fun, or desperation?

BGO ID: Gary Pan

P.S. This account is not Gary Pan's. I am just a little middle man between him and BGG as he doesn't has a account. The above is just an hilarious invitation to all of you. He is indeed a nice guy and a real master in TTA. But one thing is true, he really wants some experts to challenge him, he rarely( I never saw) loses. Please challenge him if you think you are worthy(e.g. 1000+ games, easily handle 4 star game in BGO or ranked very high in BGA).
If you want to ask anything about or to him, feel free to contact me, I will transfer to him when I'm available.
Thx guys!

Finished desperation(comments by him):
Total Matches: 27
Fallen Heroes: 6
God Slayers: 2

Gary Pan vs Jonas Havreglid 174 vs 145
Gary Pan vs Jonas Havreglid 160 vs 87
(OK opponent but many decisions were not good. Not a challenge.)

Gary Pan vs Riku Koskinen 177 vs 164
Gary Pan vs Riku Koskinen 166 vs 161
Gary Pan vs Riku Koskinen 49 vs 24(quit)
(very strong opponent, willing to rematch)

Gary Pan vs warren maruschak 270 vs 227

Gary Pan vs ins_ zz 83 vs 52(quit)
(pls consider your strength before challenge. surprise)

Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 221 vs 212
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 244 vs 318
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 134 vs 133
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 103 vs 106
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 175 vs 149
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 117 vs 180
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 177 vs 134
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 240 vs 174
First BO9: Gary Pan 5 vs Andreas Kroll 3
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 118 vs 126
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 205 vs 214
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 68 vs 55(quit)
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 251 vs 219
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 241 vs 181
Gary Pan vs Andreas Kroll 183 vs 157
(finally someone defeat me My life is completed)

Gary Pan vs Jack Frotes vs Fizi - 105 vs 35 vs 104
Gary Pan vs Jack Frotes vs Fizi - 241 vs 192 vs 175

Gary Pan vs Daniel Peters 208 vs 147
Gary Pan vs Daniel Peters 273 vs 200
Gary Pan vs Daniel Peters 163 vs 123
(That I never win guy... Hope you can change your fate soon...)
(Congrats.. if you think you really wins...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Smokejumpers fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Manchester beeMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game Alone
Ha! Well done, sir. I hope you get destroyed soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
"it´s easier to see the difference when you´re sitting on the fence"
Microbadge: The Great Zimbabwe fanMicrobadge: Paco Ŝako fanMicrobadge: The Mushroom Eaters fanMicrobadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."
If he finds a challenger, would you care to post a link to the game? (maybe in this thread). Just so us mortals can follow and maybe learn a thing or two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
Hi

I am constantly searching for strong players for TTA... I rematch any time I find opponents who are strong and competitive, but find that I usually win 'random' games.

I have found a small group of other players who are also very strong, and am always looking for more. We constantly rematch.

However, I have no interest in 2 player.

Would you (Gary) wish to play in a 3- or 4- player game? I can provide the other opponents who are very strong, and will invite you if you are keen.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonas havreglid
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mahjong fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Dark Ages buffMicrobadge: Civilization Computer Game fan
I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Microbadge: Tragedy Looper fanMicrobadge: Codex: Card-Time Strategy fanMicrobadge: Coup: Guatemala 1954 fanMicrobadge: Witness fanMicrobadge: Innovation Deluxe fan
I would love to observe some of these matches and see what is considered strong play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonas havreglid
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mahjong fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Dark Ages buffMicrobadge: Civilization Computer Game fan
http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=202&pl=73633...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Microbadge: Tragedy Looper fanMicrobadge: Codex: Card-Time Strategy fanMicrobadge: Coup: Guatemala 1954 fanMicrobadge: Witness fanMicrobadge: Innovation Deluxe fan
Link seems not to work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you login after you click the link, you're taken to the correct game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: Through the Ages - Culture
chumchu2 wrote:
So bad there is no way to look at cards. You miss most of the game :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Hope you will fulfill his wish.
He is very bored now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Fizi wrote:
Hi

I am constantly searching for strong players for TTA... I rematch any time I find opponents who are strong and competitive, but find that I usually win 'random' games.

I have found a small group of other players who are also very strong, and am always looking for more. We constantly rematch.

Would you (Gary) wish to play in a 3- or 4- player game? I can provide the other opponents who are very strong, and will invite you if you are keen.

Thanks
I am waiting for his reply. It is OK for him I think. I will let you know if he is ready. And trust me, he is extraordinarily strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: I play with the Galactic Empire!Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG poster
tyk686999 wrote:
Fizi wrote:
Hi

Thanks
I am waiting for his reply. It is OK for him I think. I will let you know if he is ready. And trust me, he is extraordinarily strong.
Is this 2p only? I also have a group that I mainly play 4p with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: I play with the Galactic Empire!Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG poster
Fizi wrote:
Hi

Thanks
If you got room for another in 4p, I'm down. I only play 4p 4star and list the game as for experts these days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: I love Vlaada Chvátil!Microbadge: Escape Plan fan
We now need a Deep Blue for TTA... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
Jack Liu - what is your TTA name?

Once it is confirmed Gary is fine to play 3 player, I'll start a game. Unless there is a 4th, in which they can join too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Codex: Card-Time Strategy fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Hanamikoji fanMicrobadge: I speak Cantonese
Please post updates on who won the invitation games! this will be an interesting thread to watch. subscribed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Fizi wrote:

Once it is confirmed Gary is fine to play 3 player, I'll start a game. Unless there is a 4th, in which they can join too.
Same as my bgg name - frotes

Invite or just PM me the game info and pw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Fizi wrote:

I asked him and he said he want to focus on duel in this thread as he doesn't want to lose.
He said 3 or 4 ppl matches are less strategic and not suitable for live games. He is making commentary videos for matches in this thread so live game is preferred.
Thx for your invitation anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
Quote:
He said 3 or 4 ppl matches are less strategic
Sounds to me like his skills are far more limited than first claimed!

See if you can convince him - it sounds like he has a lot to learn about playing with more than 2 players!! Frotes and I would be happy to mentor him haha

PS I have no intention to publicise the game, so no shame to the loser!

Scratch that. I'll just start a game and put him in it, and if he is unhappy we can delete it in a week =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Fizi wrote:
Quote:
He said 3 or 4 ppl matches are less strategic
Sounds to me like his skills are far more limited than first claimed!

See if you can convince him - it sounds like he has a lot to learn about playing with more than 2 players!! Frotes and I would be happy to mentor him haha

PS I have no intention to publicise the game, so no shame to the loser!

Scratch that. I'll just start a game and put him in it, and if he is unhappy we can delete it in a week =)
OK then...devil
Don't you dare question the almighty power of the god!
Prepare for his wrath!devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Wing Tat
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
The three best TTA players in the world
http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=202&pl=73636...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Devir fanMicrobadge: Card-Driven Wargames fanMicrobadge: In Memoriam: Chad JensenMicrobadge: Wargamer of 10+ yearsMicrobadge: Parent of Two Boys
Nice thread. I Sure wish Gary opens a BGG account and starts a New TtA Academy with all his 2P wisdom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: HumanistMicrobadge: I love games with direct player interactionMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: I love games with a hidden traitorMicrobadge: God plays dice
tyk686999 wrote:
Fizi wrote:

I asked him and he said he want to focus on duel in this thread as he doesn't want to lose.
He said 3 or 4 ppl matches are less strategic and not suitable for live games. He is making commentary videos for matches in this thread so live game is preferred.
Thx for your invitation anyway.
Claiming he's the best TtA player in the world is a gross misstatement then. 2p is much less strategic and allows for fairly monotonous, and over-emphasis, on military. In 3 or 4 you're much more required to balance military with the other factors. Because even if you dominate and destroy 1 player who is weak, other players who have given themselves some defense and invested in other things still can, and more often than not, win. Frankly I don't even consider 2p to be a proper playing of the game.

If you want truth in advertising, please change the thread title to, "best 2p TTA player in the world." Unless he is willing to accept, and still consistently win, games with more players. It is, after all, more than just a 2-player game. And as mentioned, I don't even think 2p gives you the proper implementation of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
tyk686999 wrote:
LOL tongue and cheek name

Was just looking for a good game with experienced players. Although I actually think 4p is the most balanced and offers the most breathe of options that TTA has to offer.

3p can have some swings to it. Can't comment on 2p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |