Matthew Baes
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools

I'm here in Los Angeles, California visiting for a week. I'm planning to get Lord of the Rings: the Confrontation deluxe ed, Ticket to Ride, Dungeon Twister, Monopoly Transformers here. I thought it was gonna be easy to look for stores...boy was I wrong. I checked toys r us in Burbank and they have crap.

Can you help me out? for several reasons, i wont be able to buy online so i really need to find brick and mortar stores. Gamers out there, especially those from L.A.! help me out pls! thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hubbard
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemasters sometimes has some hard to find games, usually on the top shelf. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, if you're in the Burbank area, you can check The Last Grenadier located on Hollywood Way between Chandler Blvd. and Magnolia Blvd. on the EAST side of the street.

It's likely that you will be able to find Ticket To Ride, Dungeon Twister and LotR: The Confrontation there.

As for Transformers Monopoly, I might suggest the Target located in the Empire Center at 1800 W. Empire Ave. (note, however, I have not visited this store to see if they have this particular item in stock right now).

Good luck!

~Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try The Last Grenedier in Burbank it's pretty close to the Toys R Us you were at. It's on Hollywood Way. Out of the ones you listed I know they at least have Ticket to Ride and the Marklin edition. They have a pretty good selection of new board games. They won't have the Transformers Monopoly though. Give them a call.
There is also Knighware in Studio city. They have an OK selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Howdy
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can venture twenty minutes northeast, try Game Empire in Pasedena. They have a ton of games and a fantastic store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302