Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new year, and the first math trade of 2017.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2017 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2017 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday Jan 24th 8:00 PM EST to Friday Feb 3rd 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Friday Feb 3rd 11:00 AM EST to Monday Feb 6th 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

9. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

10. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, Feb 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, Feb 6th, 2017, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben S
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Discussion Thread: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2017 Edition - Discussion

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday Jan 24th 8:00 PM EST to Friday Nov 3rd 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Friday Feb 3rd 11:00 AM EST to Monday Feb 6th 11:00 PM EST

Noticed the bold part in the math trade announcement. I think it's clear you it's February 3, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamrubocop wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Discussion Thread: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2017 Edition - Discussion

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday Jan 24th 8:00 PM EST to Friday Nov 3rd 11:00 AM EST

Noticed the bold part in the math trade announcement. I think it's clear you it's February 3, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Good catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're now live in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Grewal
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the 1 gc entry limit apply to the number of copies available in that one entry? For example, could I have 1 gc entry with 5 $10 gift cards available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grewal1980 wrote:
Does the 1 gc entry limit apply to the number of copies available in that one entry? For example, could I have 1 gc entry with 5 $10 gift cards available?

No. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was wondering when this would be coming up!

Too bad my games are all packed for my move, but will post some gift certificates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been wondering this for a while and now im goi g to finally ask... I see a lot of people posting games along the calibur of love letter, coup, bang!, Etc. These games are about 10-15 $$ if u buy them in local stores.

I see people posting them as single items and im wondering if they ever get traded. There have been a few that i would have liked to grab but my thinking was, "why trade when i can just go buy it new and not have to use up a trade and pay shipping?"

The reason im asking is because i have a few small games i would like to list but im not sure its worth it... Who would be interested in my copy of love letter for colouretto for example, when, by the time we both paid the shipping, it would end up costing us more than if we bought it locally?

Am i missing something or not taking sometbing into account? I mean, even to ship a game like jaipur to my friend in BC it cost me almost $14! I live near toronto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My theories:

If you see someone has several small games you want, you can arrange a larger trade on the side.

Or they're hoping someone accidentally checks a box to give them something awesome for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us also live in places where local game selection is terrible. I've never seen a copy of Jaipur on a shelf here before, for example. So even if I buy it new online, I still have to pay shipping.

There's also an element of reducing waste/clutter. I guess I'd rather see my unwanted games go to someone who might genuinely enjoy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i can accept that. But i was thinking wouldnt it be way more likely to trade if you bundled them? I have a copy of anomia for example. I was going to list it with another game like praetor to help increases the chance for a trade. I just couldnt see anyone making a trade JUST for anomia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
ok i can accept that. But i was thinking wouldnt it be way more likely to trade if you bundled them? I have a copy of anomia for example. I was going to list it with another game like praetor to help increases the chance for a trade. I just couldnt see anyone making a trade JUST for anomia

Yeah, I tend to agree with this as well. But if people want to split them all up, that's their prerogative.

I've never looked into it, but I find it unlikely that many of them actually end up traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can everyone make sure to periodically check on their items posted for any comments or questions made by others. Alternatively you can subscribe to items posted to be notified for new comments on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can everyone also make to sure to check their posted items for missing language, edition and condition details. Getting tired of having to send out individual geekmails and commenting on tons of items in the geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Can everyone also make to sure to check their posted items for missing language, edition and condition details. Getting tired of having to send out individual geekmails and commenting on tons of items in the geeklist.

One thing I can recommend though it won't be a guarantee of anything is to include of "template" people can just cut & paste for their items in the opening thread or Geeklist so people can "see" what's the expectation:

Item Example: Naval Battles - Click Quick Quote to copy & paste formatting wrote:

Condition: Unplayed. Punched. Components Complete. Excellent Condition. Received in a previous Math Trade.

Edition: Phalanx/Mayfair Games, 2004 Edition

Language: English

Misc: Smoke Free, Pet Friendly home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Any one know where to buy/obtain affordable shipping boxes in the GTA (Mississauga)? The ones that are able to fit board games at Canada Post go for $5.99...

I have one or two boxes I kept from my online order that I can reuse, but I'd like to be prepared when I need to get more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go by a grocery store or liquor store & ask for empty boxes. Cut the box down to the size of the game when you pack it.

After you do a couple math trades, you'll have a stock of empty boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Go by a grocery store or liquor store & ask for empty boxes.

No Frills. That's the store you want. Most of the ones I have been to keep their cardboard boxes near the checkouts so people can use them to take home their groceries. You can even just take a box and walk out, I can't see how anybody would make a fuss about that.

Here's the No Frills stores in Mississauga:
https://www.google.ca/maps/search/no+frills/@43.6096437,-79....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy from staples. they have a 6x6x12 and another size that fits some games for 3.50 dollars. I bought the 6x6x12 last time and modified it since it was too high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T3X-LOM "Tex"
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered a minor issue with one of my game boxes. Can I just edit my entry, make it clear that it's an edit, and include a pic? Or should I blank the entry and resubmit the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octarine8 wrote:
I just discovered a minor issue with one of my game boxes. Can I just edit my entry, make it clear that it's an edit, and include a pic? Or should I blank the entry and resubmit the game?

Go ahead and edit the entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T3X-LOM "Tex"
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AB76 wrote:
Octarine8 wrote:

Go ahead and edit the entry.

For those who are interested, I've updated the description for my copy of Galaxy Defenders here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lamb
Canada
Moose Jaw
flag msg tools
Newbie question: I'm trying to figure out why I should set $ values to my want list for games or is this not necessary? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T3X-LOM "Tex"
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I must have been asleep when I posted my items for this math trade. I'm usually very attentive to detail when posting my items, but I managed to miss that one game had damage to its box lid, another had PnP promos, and that a third was sleeved. I'm still waffling on posting a few more games or turning some of my games into a bundle. Bah. I feel like a complete ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.