Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wood For Sheep is hosting a Markham/GTA No-Ship Math Trade on Sunday February 26th, 2017.

The Math Trade geeklist can be found here

Key Dates
Submissions Deadline: Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10pm
Want Lists Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11pm
Results: Will be posted ASAP after the Want List Deadline.

Trade Date & Location
Where: Wood For Sheep Markham Game Centre
When: Sunday February 26th, 2017
Time: 3:00pm ~ 3:30pm - drop off games
3:30pm ~ 4:00pm - pick up new games

Please post any questions or concerns in this thread.

Thanks for participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AnFo GoesBoom
Canada
flag msg tools
How do you submit the list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ustation wrote:
How do you submit the list?

Here's everything you need to know about participating in a Math Trade.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-tut...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest thing I had to understand when starting was you can't always progress through all the steps until the trade list is updated. This happens frequently, however if you add an item and then immediately go to pick trades for it you won't be able to because it won't have been synced yet with the geeklist.

Have fun with those check boxes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K P
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I changed my mind about trading the game at item #5190877. I was wondering if what I did, changing the game ID to outside the scope of BGG and changing the comments to item removed, was the correct way of doing this? This is my first math trade and as such I'm a little green about the whole thing. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you fill out the trade list for your games, just do not submit a want list for this game.
Simple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to list my games in the trade, but I have a family commitment for that Sunday.

Is there anyone that I could connect with in Toronto before the trade to get my games there & then get my new games back from them after? I live midtown (near Eglinton West station), and work downtown (Queen & Spadina), and have a car, so I have some flexibility about where to meet...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Ian, Ken (organizer) and I can arrange the trade in Markham for you if you could off the games to Yonge/Finch on weeknights or weekends. Let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
WoodForSheep was kind enough to hold games before and after the math trade last time. I'll confirm with then that they can make similar arrangements this time around, for a handful of exceptional cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Sounds like arrangements can be made... I'll get my games listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I checked with WoodForSheep and they will be able to make alternate arrangements for folks unable to make the dropoff/pickup window.

Just make sure you email them ahead of the drop-off so they know to expect it at the GameCentre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok . . . so I'm a first time math trader. I've added a bunch of games, but couldn't figure out how to add the sweetener properly (i.e. entry #308 in the math trade list).

How do I do it properly so it looks like everyone else's?

Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Chris,

When you're adding sweeteners, use the "Insert Geek Link" drop-down from the editing menu, and select "boardgame". Start typing in the search box, and select your item, and hit "go".

The result will look like:

Quote:
[ thing=2915][/thing ]

When you preview/post it, it'll look like:

Catan Card Game: Expansion Set

Attaching an image is similar, select the "Insert geek image" icon (the 2nd camera one), and you'll have to find the ID of the image you'd want -- just go to the boardgame's page, click on any image, and copy the ID from the URL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! Thanks for clearing it up. I'll change all my offerings tonight so they appear properly.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quick reminder, please add a note at the end of your edits, indicating what you changed (something simple like "edit: sweeteners formatting"), thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done.

Thanks, Ken!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken, sorry for throwing another question at you, but I just want to make sure that I've done the duplicate protection properly. It just seems odd that the list is showing a game that I do not own as one that I do. Will the program let me know if I have done something wrong?

My fear is that I haven't done it correctly and end up screwing it up for everyone else . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
so what exactly is it showing?
Can you send a screenshot so we can see what you're seeing?
feel free to email me at ken.sinn@gmail.com if that's easier than doing it through the forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent you an email, Ken.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The geeklist is closed for additions. Please answer any pending questions/comments on your geeklist items.

Submissions for your want lists have been open on OLWLG. Want List submissions will close on Wednesday night.

Good luck everyone, and please make sure to double check the geeklist entries for your wanted items, in case edits have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Mercurial. I think i would definitely ask for your help as something came up for this for this weekend and wont be able to attend the trade myself. Could we meet at Yonge and Finch maybe this Friday? Or anywhere in Vaughan or Etobicoke area? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone

Ive been trying to acquire Letters from Whitechapel for a few trades now. It seems a lot of people have it for trade and i was looking for someone who wants to trade. Im interested in the newer edition with the wooden pawns and such (i think its the FFG revised edition). If after this trade someone is still looking to get rid of their copy and youre ok shipping to London Ontario please message me and hopefully we can work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Joe,

If you can make it to the WoodForSheep game center on Thurs/Fri, you could drop it off at the store as well, and they're open late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shane
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I appologize in advnce for all of you who may of wanted some of my items. There is a chance that I will not be able to make it to the trade. Therefore, I wont take any chances and I will blank my wants list.

If anyone wants to discuss trades though, you can geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shane
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Correction! Marc Veillet (Wolftruck) has so kindly offered to take care of my trades, so list will be submited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |