Popular Tags: flgs [+] GameStores [+] [View All]
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In July I'm heading up to a family reunion near Detroit and I'm driving from Baltimore. Any good game stores along the way close to the Interstate worth stopping for (or making a minor detour)?

I'm not really looking for anything in particular just wondering if there are any good shops with a large selection.

Route options.

1 - I-70 from Baltimore then I-68 to Morgantown, WV then I-70 to Columbus, OH and then straight north to Detroit.

2 - I-70 from Baltimore towards Pittsburgh, PA then follow up to Cleveland and such up to Detroit.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you're in the Detroit area, check out RIW in Livonia, in a little strip mall on the north side of 5-Mile, just east of Middlebelt.

Clark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Dunn
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are coming through Columbus, the Guardtower is not too far off your route. Fairly decent selection of board games and lots of minitures games and RPGs.

Just off 70 after going through downtown. Take Wilson Rd Exit, turn right go about 1 mile or so and then make a right on Trabue Rd. Guardtower is in a small strip on the left right before the train tracks about 2 miles from Wilson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cleveland route would allow you access to three possible stores.

If following the Ohio turnpike (Inerstate 80, most logical route from Pittsburgh to Detroit):
The gaming detour: Exit at I-71 and head north and then follow I480 west. I-480 puts you directly back on the Ohio Turnpike one exit further west.

In this 10 mile detour off the turnpike you pass:
Gamer's Haven - about 2 or 3 mi from I-71, big shop with good selection all at MSRP. Usually carrying the latest and greatest.
WarZone Matrix - about 2 mi from I-480 - I-71 interchange, small shop with good selection if somewhat cluttered at times. Stock includes what's new and some oldies still gathering dust. (I picked up a copy of Acquire in shrink a year or so ago.)
I'm Game - about 0.5 mi north of I-480 at Great Northern Mall. My prefered FLGS in the area. Good selection and they offer the local boardgamers a discount to boot. There's a used game auction happening there this Saturday run by the Geek's own Zambo. A good selection of everything there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls