Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Injuries and dropped items questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an amazing session recently but I need some simple clarifications. So only one mythos can be used per player, what about injuries? I know that each can have maximum of 2 permanent ones, but there are some which works as activities, so:
1. Can keeper play injury every time investigator gets horror( eg. there are two monsters, and both cause loss in sanity)?
2. If keeper summons a monster, does investigators roll for a horror immediately or during their turn?
3. Does keeper play injuries during it's own phase if investigator lose sanity or health (eg. after monster moves and later attacks)?
4. Can keeper the same action can multiple times? (eg.Evil presence )
5. If action or sth else causes investigator to drop an item. Can it be picked from and space in the room? Like exploration action.

Best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo van Kreveld
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb
Pseudomonass wrote:
I had an amazing session recently but I need some simple clarifications. So only one mythos can be used per player, what about injuries? I know that each can have maximum of 2 permanent ones, but there are some which works as activities, so:
1. Can keeper play injury every time investigator gets horror( eg. there are two monsters, and both cause loss in sanity)?
2. If keeper summons a monster, does investigators roll for a horror immediately or during their turn?
3. Does keeper play injuries during it's own phase if investigator lose sanity or health (eg. after monster moves and later attacks)?
4. Can keeper the same action can multiple times? (eg.Evil presence )
5. If action or sth else causes investigator to drop an item. Can it be picked from and space in the room? Like exploration action.

Best regards!

First of all, note that an investigator can have a maximum of 1 injury and 1 insanity, so he can have 1 of both, but not 2 of the same type.
About the questions:
1. Yes, every time an investigator gets horror (and only then) the keeper can play an insanity card (and when an investigator gets damage the keeper can play an injury card)
2. Immediately, you don't need to do a horror check when you begin your turn with a monster.
3. As in 1, the keeper can play an insanity card when an investigator gets horror and an injury card when an investigator gets damage. This can be during the investigator or the keeper turn.
4. Yes, unless the action specifies it can be done only once.
5. Yes, dropped items are treated the same as items that need to be explored, except for that you know which item it is, because they lay face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for answer!

While sleeping I came up with some more.
1. So if investigator has permanent injury and keeper play injury of the same type (which must be discarded after effect takes place), does the permanent injury lasts or should be discarded as well?
2. And about hidden status. Dexter's spell can make himself and other investigators hidden. So, does hidden investigator in the same space can still be attacked by a monster? Does hidden investigator should roll for evade when moving through monster or doing any action other than attack? And should hidden investigator still roll for horror when a monster appears of he enter a room with one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pseudomonass wrote:
Thank you for answer!

While sleeping I came up with some more.
1. So if investigator has permanent injury and keeper play injury of the same type (which must be discarded after effect takes place), does the permanent injury lasts or should be discarded as well?
2. And about hidden status. Dexter's spell can make himself and other investigators hidden. So, does hidden investigator in the same space can still be attacked by a monster? Does hidden investigator should roll for evade when moving through monster or doing any action other than attack? And should hidden investigator still roll for horror when a monster appears of he enter a room with one.

1 - Rules says in page 25 that if the investigator is going to get another trauma of the same type, the current trauma is discarded first, then the other takes place. So yes, the permanent injury should be discarded as well.

2 - When you are hidden, a monster can attack and the keeper should use the "monster vs hiding" portion of the attack card. All hidden investigators are subject to all status in the room and all the rules for movement, such as testing for horror when entering a room with a monster and testing evade to move out or explore in a space with a monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.