Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some game mechanics questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitrii Avdonkin
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi! Today i've encountered some unclear in-game situations and i need some help with these questions:

1. May investigators in same space trade with each other if one of them is hiding?

2. May an investigator with an Elder Sign force Hound of Tindalos to go through a vent?

3. Suppose an investigator with "broken leg" trauma moves 1 space, keeper interrupts his turn and forces him (anyhow with myth and/or trauma cards) to move 1 space more. Do investigator takes 1 damage in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
1. Yes, since there's no rule against it.

2. The Elder Sign doesn't let the investigator choose where the monster moves; the investigator says "Keeper, move this monster away from me", but the keeper chooses how to move it away. The keeper may choose to do so by moving the beast through a vent.

3. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitrii Avdonkin
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi Robeta! Thanks for your reply

About the question #2. Okay, but what if investigator moves a beast using not an elder sign, but something else? For example Ashcan Pete ability in "Fully Revised Scenarios":
Quote:
Before making an evade test, you may take 1 damage to automatically pass the test and move the monster 1 space.

So im trying to figure out do vents just make two spaces adjacent for a beast and then these spaces works by the basic rules or its some kind of a special game mechanics, granting a beast an ability to "teleport" through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
That ability can be used to move beasts through vents.

Beasts can move through vents. Anything that "moves" a beast, whether it be Command Minion or Ashcat Pete, can move the beast through a vent. The keeper isn't the only one who can take advantage of this rule.

Vents essentially make the connected spaces adjacent for beasts for the purposes of movement. (I include that last clause because vents would not interact with, say, a hypothetical Keeper Action that allows a beast to deal 1 damage to each investigator in its space or in an adjacent space. The spaces aren't actually adjacent, but beasts can move between them as though they were. I'm not sure if this distinction is actually relevant for any published effects, but since we're already talking about fan content, it never hurts to be thorough.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.