Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Another way would be to use hex tiles and glue card sleeves on them. Get some blank cards, or pieces of paper, that you can slip into those hexes. This has the advantage that you can quickly swap cards/pieces of paper, and these are also easier to adapt, or create new ones, then hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Mooney
United States
Big Lake
Alaska
flag msg tools
If you want a digital option for quick prototyping, tabletop simulator is insanely easy. There's an option to create custom components. You can use the tile option, then the preset Hex. and it pops out a blank hex that you can right click and scale up or down in size. you can then copy and paste them and make a bunch. It's also super easy to put any image you want on the hex. when you make tiles there's an option for the top and bottom image of the hex; if you have a direct link to an image, you can copy and paste the link and and pick if you want it on the top or bottom of the hex, or even both sides. If you make your images, you can put them on imgur, which creates a direct link for your image. when you click on an imgur picture that you've uploaded, there's a direct link that you can copy. then when you make your components in tabletop you can paste it in.

It's pretty nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not tried this, but multiple local dollar stores carry Trisonic brand furniture sliders. Each of these sliders has a chunky hard foam hex on it stuck to a plastic slider. I suspect that these could be detached and sticker paper could be adhered to the hexes. They are only about 30 cents per hex. Let me know if you try this.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
levi couch
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools

Here is a good option

Thumb up