7 Posts

Master of Orion: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game very confrontational? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Especially at lower player counts? We don't generally enjoy take that, back and forth combat based games would we will still enjoy this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be, but its very quick and not too punishing for the attacked player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
casualgod wrote:

We really don't like when things like this set us back or ruin our turns. Are there other ways to score/win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
casualgod wrote:

We really don't like when things like this set us back or ruin our turns. Are there other ways to score/win

It removes a central tension of the game to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
casualgod wrote:

it doesn't set anyone back or ruins turns... doing the attack action the attacker gets 2 points and the attacked loses 1 loyalty (it's the same as 1 victory point that you can get back later with one of the actions you can do).

There are some other cards that have an effect when they are built that have an attack and those can have some nastier effects than when a player chooses the attack action but I think they are just a few

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
casualgod wrote:

it doesn't set anyone back or ruins turns... doing the attack action the attacker gets 2 points and the attacked loses 1 loyalty (it's the same as 1 victory point that you can get back later with one of the actions you can do).

There are some other cards that have an effect when they are built that have an attack and those can have some nastier effects than when a player chooses the attack action but I think they are just a few

The only way an attack can ruin another's turn is if you need a certain amount of loyalty for a card that you want to build (there are a couple of them that do have a cut off). But overall Paulo is correct an attack on another player is a attack on their victory points, which can be mitigated by a propaganda action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Riley

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
DekanCrypto wrote:

The only way an attack can ruin another's turn is if you need a certain amount of loyalty for a card that you want to build (there are a couple of them that do have a cut off). But overall Paulo is correct an attack on another player is a attack on their victory points, which can be mitigated by a propaganda action.

That happened to me in my 2nd game in the last round. I had miscounted how many attacks could be made on me and was unable to build a space elevator in the final round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.