7 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement problem. Are these adjacent spaces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro Silva Garreton
Argentina
flag msg tools

Are both yellow marked spaces or pink marked spaces adjacent. In other words, can i kove from one yellow/pink space to the other yellow/pink space as 1 "diagonal" move considering they are adjacent?
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Two spaces are adjacent if they share a border. In this case the diagonally opposite spaces share a small part of their borders, but share it none the less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Unlike in mansions of madness 1st edition, you cannot move diagonally in the second edition. These spaces do not share a border and are thus not adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Silva Garreton
Argentina
flag msg tools
Wow
Two different and opposite opinions. Thank you!
Nonetheless i think the no-diagonal rule explains it, although i didn't see it written in any of the two rulebooks. Do you mind telling me where do you base your affirmation? Because i looked up for it and didn't find it
Thx!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
No. Unlike in mansions of madness 1st edition, you cannot move diagonally in the second edition. These spaces do not share a border and are thus not adjacent.

But now you are talking about the 2nd edition. The question is about the first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8 under Movement Step

"Investigators may move between two spaces that are diagonally adjacent."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, so the problem here is that this is the forum for the first edition game while the OP used the tiles from the second edition game. This is what caused the confusion with me at least.

So, to reiterate:

In mansions of madness first edition, you can move diagonally. So the move in your example would be valid in that game.

In mansions of madness second edition, they removed this possibility. You can only move between adjacent spaces and adjacent is defined as sharing a border or a door (or a wall, but that is not relevant with regards to moving). So the move in your example above would not be valid in mansions of madness second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.