Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, thanks to each of you - WE DID IT!

We were officially nominated for the 2016 Golden Geek for Best Boardgame Podcast!

We need all of you to vote - and remember that "1" is the best score you can give.

Vote here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You're number one, you're number one..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done! You guys are #1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert V. Bolton
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were some great podcast nominated this year, and I believe the results are going to be tight. I hope my vote helps push you guys over the top and you end of winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ogden
United States
Huntington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done. You guys are amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable,com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Already done on day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This task is now complete!

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Courtwright
United States
Newport
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
....and it's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGame Greg

Lancaster
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Voted #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Reminder: Voting concludes on March 6th! Don't leave us hanging, Brawlers! We need EVERYONE to vote! Remember - don't vote for shows you don't want to win. A 10 is a better score than nothing at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One Shot?!?! MEH!!!!!!!!
angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

EDIT: Oh, that was for RPG podcast. Nevermind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, #1 and #2 went pretty much as expected. Congrats to Shut Up and Sit Down and Rahdo... We love both of those productions and couldn't be happier for them! The #3 spot was definately up for grabs, and I don't think that anyone had a good guess as to who would take it. I had really hoped we'd see our name on that list, but alas... It was not meant to be. Congrats to Geoff and his crew... Ludology is a great show that is unique and provides a look at our hobby from an angle that noone else does.

Next year will be our year... If we can sustain 1/2 of the growth in the next year that we've seen in the last 6 months, we will soon RULE THE WORLD!!!! (Ok, thats a bunch of BS - but it was fun).

Thank you all for your love and support. We make this show for YOU!

b (and Josh)

Best Podcast
Winner - Shut Up & Sit Down: The Podcast!
Runner Up - Rahdo Talks Through
Runner Up - Ludology
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the Winner, the Runners-up and of course ALL of the nominees..especially our own Brawlin' Brothers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Empulsive wrote:
Well, #1 and #2 went pretty much as expected. Congrats to Shut Up and Sit Down and Rahdo... We love both of those productions and couldn't be happier for them! The #3 spot was definately up for grabs, and I don't think that anyone had a good guess as to who would take it. I had really hoped we'd see our name on that list, but alas... It was not meant to be. Congrats to Geoff and his crew... Ludology is a great show that is unique and provides a look at our hobby from an angle that noone else does.

Next year will be our year... If we can sustain 1/2 of the growth in the next year that we've seen in the last 6 months, we will soon RULE THE WORLD!!!! (Ok, thats a bunch of BS - but it was fun).

Thank you all for your love and support. We make this show for YOU!

b (and Josh)

Best Podcast
Winner - Shut Up & Sit Down: The Podcast!
Runner Up - Rahdo Talks Through
Runner Up - Ludology

You guys are growing at an extreme rate! No doubt we will see you on that list soon! Well done Brandon and Josh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most surprising thing about the 2017 awards is just how quickly the BGG awards are competing with the Origins awards for being the gaming awards that demonstrate the worst taste.

SUSD - They have a large following for their wonderful videos, I get it, but their Podcast is poorly produced, the content is sub par. They aren't nearly as funny impromptu as they are when scripted. They come off as elitist or bored pretty much the entire show. Seriously? THEY won?

Rahdo talks through won second place? Its like a 2 hour ADHD stream of consciousness monolog about upcoming games and one hour of talking about his personal history/life/beliefs. Its the closest thing there is to a gaming news podcast and cult of personality all in one package. No editing, dry and no soul.

From my critical perspective, these choices just seem tasteless.

Brawling Brother, BPPP, Flip the Table, and RDTN. Each of these four shows are more informative, and entertaining.

I won't even share my thoughts on Scythe.

Anyhow, I wanted to find a place to vent and express my feelings that BB really was robbed. Please keep up the good work so I can feel like you get short changed next year too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
The most surprising thing about the 2017 awards is just how quickly the BGG awards are competing with the Origins awards for being the gaming awards that demonstrate the worst taste.

SUSD - They have a large following for their wonderful videos, I get it, but their Podcast is poorly produced, the content is sub par. They aren't nearly as funny impromptu as they are when scripted. They come off as elitist or bored pretty much the entire show. Seriously? THEY won?

Rahdo talks through won second place? Its like a 2 hour ADHD stream of consciousness monolog about upcoming games and one hour of talking about his personal history/life/beliefs. Its the closest thing there is to a gaming news podcast and cult of personality all in one package. No editing and no soul.

Brawling Brother, BPPP, Flip the Table, and RDTN. Each of these four shows are more informative, and entertaining.

Anyhow, I wanted to find a place to vent and express my feelings that BB really was robbed. Please keep up the good work so I can feel like you get short changed next year too.

I expected SUSD to win and Rahdo to get 2nd... The crossover that they get from a MASSIVE following on youtube is HUGE. Regardless of their production quality or content, its hard to compete with crossover of 45k youtube subscribers (plus the typical BGG Podcast listener).

3rd place was really up for grabs in our eyes... I expected we were (at least) in contention, and figured BPPP would win it (great friends of ours and they have built an incredible show). Ludology surprised me because, while I really love their show, I expect that their content is more more niche than all the other shows combined.

The show has grown at a phenominal rate - Last year at this time we were averaging about 75 downloads a day.... The last 3 months we have averaged 10x that, plus massive spikes on release days. The popularity of Brawling Brothers is undeniable... The future is bright and I'm quite certain in the coming years we will be in the front running for awards like this.

Much love, Scott.
b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Empulsive wrote:
scottatlaw wrote:

Rahdo talks through won second place? Its like a 2 hour ADHD stream of consciousness monolog about upcoming games and one hour of talking about his personal history/life/beliefs. Its the closest thing there is to a gaming news podcast and cult of personality all in one package. No editing and no soul.

I expected SUSD to win and Rahdo to get 2nd... The crossover that they get from a MASSIVE following on youtube is HUGE. Regardless of their production quality or content, its hard to compete with crossover of 45k youtube subscribers (plus the typical BGG Podcast listener).

3rd place was really up for grabs in our eyes... I expected we were (at least) in contention, and figured BPPP would win it (great friends of ours and they have built an incredible show). Ludology surprised me because, while I really love their show, I expect that their content is more more niche than all the other shows combined.

The show has grown at a phenominal rate - Last year at this time we were averaging about 75 downloads a day.... The last 3 months we have averaged 10x that, plus massive spikes on release days. The popularity of Brawling Brothers is undeniable... The future is bright and I'm quite certain in the coming years we will be in the front running for awards like this.

Much love, Scott.
b

Even so, it still hurts to see the things you love and believe in not given the honors you feel they deserve. You guys have earned my praise. Too bad their isn't a micro badge for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Courtwright
United States
Newport
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:

Rahdo talks through won second place? Its like a 2 hour ADHD stream of consciousness monolog about upcoming games and one hour of talking about his personal history/life/beliefs. Its the closest thing there is to a gaming news podcast and cult of personality all in one package. No editing, dry and no soul.

Totally agree with everything you said.

SUSD's videos are great. The podcast is uninformative and uninteresting and borders on snarky at times. I don't subscribe.

I don't understand the popularity of rahdo at all. His videos are terrible and his podcast is unlistenable. Nothing against the guy. He seems like the nicest guy in the world, but it just isn't for me. I don't subscribe.

Ludology is a good podcast. They talk about stuff no one else does. Informative and entertaining. I don't subscribe, but I listen to episodes that sound interesting.

Keep on keeping on, Brawlin' Bros. Your time in the spotlight will come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.