Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone.

I've got a friend about to leave for a a month-long law study program over in Europe, and I figure that she can check out a game store or two for me if possible. I know the sort of games I like, but I don't have my finger on the pulse of the European gaming industry. Is there anything particularly tasty out these days? I'm particularly hoping to have the opportunity to get a game that might not be imported.

She's going to be in Prague, Salzburg, Venice, and Vienna, and I'm not sure how long she has in each country. What game would you ask someone to bring back from those cities?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

MDK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an awesome gaming store in Salzburg in the old town center area. They have an awesome selection.

As for what to tell her to grab, sorry, I have no clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rickkeuler wrote:
Welcome to Straightlines R Us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rossum wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I've got a friend about to leave for a a month-long law study program over in Europe, and I figure that she can check out a game store or two for me if possible. I know the sort of games I like, but I don't have my finger on the pulse of the European gaming industry. Is there anything particularly tasty out these days? I'm particularly hoping to have the opportunity to get a game that might not be imported.

She's going to be in Prague, Salzburg, Venice, and Vienna, and I'm not sure how long she has in each country. What game would you ask someone to bring back from those cities?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

MDK
I believe there is a forum dedicated to gamestores around the world that is very useful.

I just went to salzburg, vienna nad prague and there are so many stores that have games. Not just stores that specially sale games but department stores. But the one that is definitely the best is the one in vienna, I think it's called Spielerel(game hobby store so nothing but games with great selectio nand games from big and small publishers). And there is another store couple of blocks away which is also good.

In salzburg there are 2-3 toy stores there that all sale games. Prague we saw toy stores and go in and usually there areg games. But anyway, I think if your friend just going to make 1 stop for game, go to the one in Vienna, it's one of the best gamestores I have ever visited anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
rickkeuler wrote:
There's an awesome gaming store in Salzburg in the old town center area. They have an awesome selection.

Oh where was that I couldnt find any gaming stores in the middle of salzburg. But there is a game shop in the big shopping centre, I think its called something like euro city or something no idea, but its a huge shopping place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
rickkeuler wrote:

Oh where was that I couldnt find any gaming stores in the middle of salzburg. But there is a game shop in the big shopping centre, I think its called something like euro city or something no idea, but its a huge shopping place.
there is one in rathaus platz, it's a toystore, and another one i forgot the name but it's across the street from that super market store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
rickkeuler wrote:
Huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
rickkeuler wrote:
Huh?
Hi! Welcome to Dirty One-liners R Us. May I take your order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to update the current situation.

Klex at Hanuschplatz sucks, their focus is not so much on boardgames. They will have SoC and Carc, but beyond that there is not much selection.

Neumüller in Getreidegasse was great, but the shop owner retired and did not want to sell the shop, so it is gone

The only shops really worth your time are Spiel & Co aka Spielzeugschachtel. They have shops near Mirabellplatz, in the Europark and ZIB shoping centers. The Spielzeugschachtel ("toy box") near Mirabellplatz is definitely worth a visit, altough they do not carry any games that depict violence or for ppl older than 12 (i.e. no FFG games).

Check out their website at http://www.spielzeugschachtel.at/

It's a shame that there is no place in Salzburg where boardgamegeek.com is known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
board.game.ets
Austria
Vöcklabruck
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ignozius wrote:
Just to update the current situation.

Klex at Hanuschplatz sucks, their focus is not so much on boardgames. They will have SoC and Carc, but beyond that there is not much selection.

Neumüller in Getreidegasse was great, but the shop owner retired and did not want to sell the shop, so it is gone

The only shops really worth your time are Spiel & Co aka Spielzeugschachtel. They have shops near Mirabellplatz, in the Europark and ZIB shoping centers. The Spielzeugschachtel ("toy box") near Mirabellplatz is definitely worth a visit, altough they do not carry any games that depict violence or for ppl older than 12 (i.e. no FFG games).

Check out their website at http://www.spielzeugschachtel.at/

It's a shame that there is no place in Salzburg where boardgamegeek.com is known.
There is a game store called P3 Comix near the mainstation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls