Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Strike» Forums » Rules

Subject: More players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Diago
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi:

Is there any problem in adding more dice to play more players? I don't think so but I'm not sure.

As the new dice don't have the X value, it must be considered the '1' as 'X', that's all!

Any problem?

Greetings
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Breese
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Should work perfectly fine, as long as the dice are similarly sized/weighted. Only other possible issue is if there are too many players, eliminated players may have to wait a long time before a new game starts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's an option, I'd rather just buy another set, and have 2 games going at once. Or use the box lid and another set of dice as the second set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Diago
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ffroom wrote:
Should work perfectly fine, as long as the dice are similarly sized/weighted. Only other possible issue is if there are too many players, eliminated players may have to wait a long time before a new game starts.


Yes, we played 7 players and the first eliminated had to wait a bit
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Mas
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
If in my case we want to play 6 players, what about with 5 dices each one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CuthbertGrau wrote:
Hi,
If in my case we want to play 6 players, what about with 5 dices each one?


Sure, why not? The game might be a little short for some, though, as people will likely get eliminated a little earlier than normal.

What I would do is in addition to the 5 dice each, give each person a coin or something to represent a 6th die. When it is your turn to go, at the start of your turn, if you have a coin and there are dice in the discard pile, you have to trade in your coin for one of those. (should be mandatory if you have a coin at the start of your turn... no saving your coin if you have to throw all your dice in because the last person cleared.)

Actually, now that I thought about it, I kind of like that rule... With higher player counts it always feels like you don't start with enough dice. I might even throw in a coin for everyone in 4 and 5 player games, and with 6 players give everyone 2 coins.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Mas
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
CuthbertGrau wrote:
Hi,
If in my case we want to play 6 players, what about with 5 dices each one?


Sure, why not? The game might be a little short for some, though, as people will likely get eliminated a little earlier than normal.

What I would do is in addition to the 5 dice each, give each person a coin or something to represent a 6th die. When it is your turn to go, at the start of your turn, if you have a coin and there are dice in the discard pile, you have to trade in your coin for one of those. (should be mandatory if you have a coin at the start of your turn... no saving your coin if you have to throw all your dice in because the last person cleared.)

Actually, now that I thought about it, I kind of like that rule... With higher player counts it always feels like you don't start with enough dice. I might even throw in a coin for everyone in 4 and 5 player games, and with 6 players give everyone 2 coins.


Wow! It's a great home rule! I'm going to adopt it! :-) Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, you could also simply add more dice. Since color doesn't matter, as long as they're of similar size and weight it should be OK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.