Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

Those are 46mm coin capsules to hold the Eldritch Horror Gate tokens. (They can also hold the Expedition token, if you like.) 45mm capsules would also likely fit, but i was concerned that they would be too tight (the tokens are 45mm). Looking at how the 46mm's fit, though, i suspect that 45mm capsules would fit just fine.

"How many does one need?" i hear some of you asking. i ordered 40 of them and have 16 left over after capsuling the base set and all current expansions (as of Dreamlands). i intentionally over-ordered so that'd i'd be set for any pending expansions.

PS: yes, we've all seen the clean-room pictures posted in response to sleeving discussions a thousand times already. They're only funny the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat. Though, I like to put mine on standees. The circle is wide enough that you can slot a corner of the circle into half the standee slot, so that little pincher in the standee doesn't damage the token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newobj wrote:
Neat. Though, I like to put mine on standees. The circle is wide enough that you can slot a corner of the circle into half the standee slot, so that little pincher in the standee doesn't damage the token.

i also prefer to have mine in standees (so that i can see them clearly), but the capsules are unfortunately too thick for the standees i use (which aren't the horrible, cardboard-mangling ones which come with EH). i'm still working on a solution for that - a custom foamcore solution is next on the list of things to try. i have some modelling clay i was hoping to use for this, but it doesn't ever harden :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichol
Scotland
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried the polymer modelling clay (such as Fimo)? It hardens in the oven with a bit of care. I make my own out of casting resin - but it's quite an involved process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sickdave wrote:
Have you tried the polymer modelling clay (such as Fimo)? It hardens in the oven with a bit of care. I make my own out of casting resin - but it's quite an involved process.

<snip>

i haven't tried polymer clay. i thought that they clay i bought would harden, but i've had a small piece of it here on my desk for over a month and it's still soft :/. In any case, yours are far, FAR beyond my artistic ability.

i made a couple stands today using flat cardboard tokens and window insulation tape. They're ugly, but they work. i don't have a picture of them, but i have a picture of similar stands, the difference being only the gap between the insulation tape strips:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mansions of Madness stands, calvalry slottabases (bug your nearest Games Workshop gamer!), and cork also work as EH standees. Mini's by RAFM games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls