Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Hello everyone, as you will notice, our Kickstarter Page for Dragon Tides is currently down because of our license ending with Bruce Lee, LLC. Because of the contractual agreement, we will need to remove everything that has both Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee's images before the page can go up again. This is something that we're working with them on so don't alarmed.

We're also going to be updating both our Facebook Pager and Websites with these new changes.

I've also been away from the boards for several months due to being in and out of the hospital but more importantly, to finalize certain things with our publisher, Greenbrier Games, in order to have 2017 be the year where things can finally move forward for all of you. I'm truly excited to finally be able to announce that, given the positive new changes that has been agreed on. Expect an official update for Dragon Tides here on BGG and Kickstarter (given that things have been approved on Kickstarter) by next week.

Thank you and really looking forward to making a public return on all our campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mustafa
Indonesia
Tangerang Selatan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
is there any updates on expansion such as internal affairs that you don't deliver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Darles
France
Labenne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does this mean for backers still waiting for the game? If we finally receive it one day, would it be without the Lee miniatures (one of the main reason i backed this project)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Look forward to the update. Thanks for the heads up about the site going down... if it just disappeared without warning people would of coarse assume the worst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassim Ali
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I hope Alex you keep your word and do your best to get everything out to everybody! In fairness there are other high name KS such as Robotech, and Alien Vs Predator that came out before Dragon Tides and still have not delivered or partially and even trying to get other games going! You might not get the support or trust you once had, but no one can call you a crook on delivery for everything and would say a lot about your character if you choose to do something again in the future! Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Stafford
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dabouda wrote:
What does this mean for backers still waiting for the game? If we finally receive it one day, would it be without the Lee miniatures (one of the main reason i backed this project)?

Not sure how much he's monitoring, but from a response I got earlier from Alex, the game will be delivered as promised... I'm assuming it just means no NEW content with the Lees in it will be produced, but they're allowed to make sure backers have their full and proper copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
thinkbeyond wrote:
is there any updates on expansion such as internal affairs that you don't deliver?

This will be covered in part of my update but the short version is, that I will be concentrating on that and all the Stretch Goal items for you all as part of this year's production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Dabouda wrote:

Great Question! You will receive the original version with the correct miniatures. But because of the license expiration, we will not be selling DT anywhere. The Stretch Goal and other stuff do not have Bruce or Brandon Lee in it and are part of Dragon Tides, which is our own IP. So in a nutshell, we will still get you what you pledged for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This means that there is still a small hope for EU backers still without even the base game to get something sometimes in the future?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
Dabouda wrote:

Great Question! You will receive the original version with the correct miniatures. But because of the license expiration, we will not be selling DT anywhere. The Stretch Goal and other stuff do not have Bruce or Brandon Lee in it and are part of Dragon Tides, which is our own IP. So in a nutshell, we will still get you what you pledged for.
The stretch goals included items like the Bruce and Brandon character boards with special costumes on them, didn't they? Or I know they were add-ons, because I added funds for them.

Anyway, I look forward to updates. I hadn't completely given up hope on the project. Surely you can admit that from the perspective of backers, things looked pretty grim, especially for those other than me who didn't even receive the game. I know that there are plenty of other games that have been in worse shape and have taken longer to be fulfilled. If good news is on the way though, that will be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Elianto wrote:
This means that there is still a small hope for EU backers still without even the base game to get something sometimes in the future?!?

That is correct! I'll be working to get them to EU first and foremost before going back down the line to get copies to those who were missed in other countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
EYEL1NER wrote:
ranma8 wrote:
Dabouda wrote:

The stretch goals included items like the Bruce and Brandon character boards with special costumes on them, didn't they? Or I know they were add-ons, because I added funds for them.

Anyway, I look forward to updates. I hadn't completely given up hope on the project. Surely you can admit that from the perspective of backers, things looked pretty grim, especially for those other than me who didn't even receive the game. I know that there are plenty of other games that have been in worse shape and have taken longer to be fulfilled. If good news is on the way though, that will be awesome.

You are correct in regards to the Video Game/Comic Book themed character dashboards and will make sure those get to backers as well. Good news on the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:
ranma8 wrote:
Dabouda wrote:

You are correct in regards to the Video Game/Comic Book themed character dashboards and will make sure those get to backers as well. Good news on the way!
Excellent. I thought that was it for items featuring Bruce and Brandon's likeness or names, but I just now remembered one more: The Blackbird. I feel like that one has to be safe though too, since it is an homage and not directly supposed to represent Brandon as The Crow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lol, it's always "got good news coming" from you Alex, and then you disapear for at least another 6 months, i'll believe it when i get all the shit i paid for.

You bought shame and disgrace to one of the actual DECENT human beings of this planet. The Lee family would be wise to never do business with you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Darles
France
Labenne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
Dabouda wrote:

Thanks for the answer. With the licence expiration, i feared that we'd get an incomplete version as backers (before the end of 2017 i hope )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
Expect an official update for Dragon Tides here on BGG and Kickstarter (given that things have been approved on Kickstarter) by next week.

Thank you and really looking forward to making a public return on all our campaigns.

So....what about Fairytale Games then? I pledged well over $500 for the game and the miniatures, and have received nothing.

I'm honestly sorry to hear about your health issues. I had a massive heart attack last year which I am still recovering from so I sympathise. It would however be good to hear what is happening with the other Kickstarters you received over $350,000 for but have yet to fulfil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurnikan
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear some news about the game. Hope that those of us that have not receveid anything yet would have some preference over expansions and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
ranma8 wrote:
Expect an official update for Dragon Tides here on BGG and Kickstarter (given that things have been approved on Kickstarter) by next week.

So....what about Fairytale Games then? I pledged well over $500 for the game and the miniatures, and have received nothing.

I'm honestly sorry to hear about your health issues. I had a massive heart attack last year which I am still recovering from so I sympathise. It would however be good to hear what is happening with the other Kickstarters you received over $350,000 for but have yet to fulfil.

Exactly, hard to believe anything said when nothing other than hot air is ever actually produced. How about showing tangible progression on any of your outstanding and long overdue projects other than a new and somewhat predictable "poor me" story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corvax the professional
Spain
flag msg tools
+10000 @B. C.

I don't believe anything said from @Alex Lim. Please, don't believe him, are words in a broken bag, again.

Empty promises,

How is it possible to be more than 5 months without attending a single comment of the project on the website of kickstarter ?

An EU backer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amazing Ant
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I missed DT kickstarter and did a late pledge on this game on 11/2015 with $235.00. Since that day I only could read comments on kickstarter, writing was not possible. And I have got no answers on emails! Sad feeling for someone who gave money for a game.

Now I found this Thread.

I am from Austria/Eu and until today nothing has arrived.

But I bought this game at Spiel/Essen Germany in 2016, because I wanted to play it and I am happy with it! I like the artwork and the mechanics, the minis are also great. So lets hope, that you Alex finish what you have started. Hope that some days I have 2 coregames and all the other stuff you promised!

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Baran
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and what about all the EU backers of Fairytale Games: Battle Royal and Sacred 40 minis that also have never seen their games? Any update for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
For the Fairytale side of things, I will have an update as well. Planned for the Battle Royale, Minis Campaign and Dragon Tides' updates, are a 2017 schedule as well as some details of what had been happening, what accomplishments were made since the last update, and what this year will look like for all backers.

The goal has been the same, to deliver everything promised but this time the changes made these past months have been a much needed step in the right direction where I actually have control over my own product and schedules. In any case, I'm very excited for the updates and having an actual plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
baranek84 wrote:
and what about all the EU backers of Fairytale Games: Battle Royal and Sacred 40 minis that also have never seen their games? Any update for us?

EU will be absolutely first in line for shipping. Soon I'll actually have full control over my inventory and will be able to arrange where things will go once they are in the shipping queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane JACOUPY
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
baranek84 wrote:

EU will be absolutely first in line for shipping. Soon I'll actually have full control over my inventory and will be able to arrange where things will go once they are in the shipping queue.

Well.... seems you are still lying to backers again.

I backed Dragon Tides during the KS Campaign and as an EU backer I am still waiting for the game. During all this time, we had apologies, long month without a single update, and apologies, etc... and now you are at the end of the licence agreement with Lee Foundation. All your communication is lies and you are more a crook that a game designer.

First, let me remember that you needed 15 000 $ for delivering DT for the EU backers. All was in a place in France of your partner (Greenbrier Games if I remember well). With some mad frenchman, we asked if we could contact the warehouse to pay for a part of the shipping. We got no answer from you, as usual. Moreover, Core game appeared in retail and we still get nothing. It seemed to me that all the core game produced were sold in retail to cover your debts, backers core game in fact as you were already short on money and could not produce more core game boxes.

Second, the Essen incident... How could you think we can rely on you ? Some backers were to Essen to receive a copy. Seems you could not do the delivery in the fair so you decided to give the copy in a hall. And how many copies of Dragon tides did you delivered to EU backers this day ? You never told any of your backers, and none of use seemed to get a core game during Essen 2016. Nobody on the KS page told they received their pledge this way. Seems another of your lies.

You managed other KS campaign to get money to finish your previous project in a Ponzi-like scheme.

How can you now delivers Dragon Tides with all minis with no licence from the Lee Foundation ? You can not produce anymore game. Are you going to make an EU-Backers version with plastic meeples instead of Lee and Brandon Lee figures ?

No way I can trust you anymore. Ship quickly with all the add-ons or somehow, many backers could sue you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Per Dragon Tides, I am able to deliver what backers are owed because the physical backer copies are in the international and US hubs where GBG left them. Previously I did not have access to any inventory because I am not the publisher (only the publisher will have access to shipping, fulfillment, distribution, sales, and inventory), just representing as the co-game developer. This year however, I will have access to everything as I will no longer be represented and can control where and how shipment can go.

Essen pick up was very last minute and as a favor to us. The handful of backers that could meet had to rely on Skyping with the representative that was there since that was his only form of communication, which from what I understand was a very poor way of contact given the high traffic and bad internet signal. I do regret getting the rep to do it as he only handed out a few copies in the end and left a bad taste in the mouth for those who were not able to find him. It was poor planning but was a desperate attempt to try to do something proactive, yet failing at it.

For new content, such as add-ons or stretches, remember those are exclusives and are not for sale in retail, plus almost all of them are of the Dragon Tides property and will not have Bruce or Brandon in them, so backers will indeed receive them.

I'm truly sorry I've put you and many backers in this position and I completely understand your perspective. It would be irresponsible and unproductive to try to argue "my side" or convince you otherwise. You do have a lot of conclusions that are based on only the information I was allowed to tell because of my past partnership so I don't see how you could think any different. But, if 2017 so far as been any indication to me, I will just let actions speak for themselves whether you are hopeful or are not.

T7Cray wrote:
ranma8 wrote:
baranek84 wrote:

Well.... seems you are still lying to backers again.

I backed Dragon Tides during the KS Campaign and as an EU backer I am still waiting for the game. During all this time, we had apologies, long month without a single update, and apologies, etc... and now you are at the end of the licence agreement with Lee Foundation. All your communication is lies and you are more a crook that a game designer.

First, let me remember that you needed 15 000 $ for delivering DT for the EU backers. All was in a place in France of your partner (Greenbrier Games if I remember well). With some mad frenchman, we asked if we could contact the warehouse to pay for a part of the shipping. We got no answer from you, as usual. Moreover, Core game appeared in retail and we still get nothing. It seemed to me that all the core game produced were sold in retail to cover your debts, backers core game in fact as you were already short on money and could not produce more core game boxes.

Second, the Essen incident... How could you think we can rely on you ? Some backers were to Essen to receive a copy. Seems you could not do the delivery in the fair so you decided to give the copy in a hall. And how many copies of Dragon tides did you delivered to EU backers this day ? You never told any of your backers, and none of use seemed to get a core game during Essen 2016. Nobody on the KS page told they received their pledge this way. Seems another of your lies.

You managed other KS campaign to get money to finish your previous project in a Ponzi-like scheme.

How can you now delivers Dragon Tides with all minis with no licence from the Lee Foundation ? You can not produce anymore game. Are you going to make an EU-Backers version with plastic meeples instead of Lee and Brandon Lee figures ?

No way I can trust you anymore. Ship quickly with all the add-ons or somehow, many backers could sue you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |