Ben Steinhauser
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CLAIMED

I have a king room I'm looking to offload with 11/14 arrival and 11/19 departure. First to PM me gets it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Magrill

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a room at the Hyatt Regency with a King bed. I am giving up Saturday night 11-18 only. Send me a message if you want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arch Demon
Israel
flag msg tools
I am looking for a room (preferably if it's split). Any room available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Archdemonwolf wrote:
I am looking for a room (preferably if it's split). Any room available?

CaptainQwyx wrote:
If you are looking for a room, DON'T POST HERE. Instead subscribe to this thread. (Click "Subscribe" right under the thread title.) You will get a notification whenever a transferor posts here. Send a message directly to that transferor. Settings for your subscription notifications can be found here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs
Once again, if you are looking for a room, DON'T POST HERE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Black
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a King room reserved from the 14th to the 19th, as we have decided to bunk up with a few other friends of ours instead of rent our own room. First person to PM me gets it!

Room is taken!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Satterfield
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a King room for five nights from Nov 14-19 that I no longer need. Standard con rate of $124. Allegedly there is a roll-away-bed associated with the reservation, but i have no documentation to support this. If you're interested please GeekMail me your last name.

Room taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
msg tools
Sent you a GM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a double queen room available at the Hyatt, for 8 nights from Saturday Nov. 11th to Saturday Nov. 18th. Con rate of $124. It may be possible to trim some nights off.

(This was booked for someone who will not make it. I'll still be at the con.)

Yes this is very short notice, hopefully someone can grab it. I have work travel tomorrow and will cancel the room if not claimed by 6 am.

taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linae Foster
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
UPDATE: ROOMS TWO AND THREE ARE CLAIMED.

I have three rooms available. All are double queens.

ROOM ONE
Check-in: 11/15/17
Check-out: 11/19/17

ROOM TWO

Check-in: 11/16/17

ROOM THREE
Check-in: 11/16/17

All gone. Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Coffee
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
PM sent for #2 or #3, especially if double Queen. Thanks. I will delete this post after a reply to not muddy the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Witt
msg tools
Sent you a PM. Will take any of the three room service with a preference to 11/15 checkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linae Foster
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
skeeterdoggy wrote:
Sent you a PM. Will take any of the three room service with a preference to 11/15 checkin.

Confirmation sent. You are good to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
As gamers, we are prone to having creative solutions to complex problems.  I have a problem of unforseen circumstances and I have a creative solution to offer to someone who needs a room reservation at the con hotel.

I need to reduce my costs to near zero for this event.  I have a king room at the Hyatt Regency beginning Tuesday night with Sunday checkout. The total cost for the reservation is just cents above $700. I will transfer the reservation for you for check-in on Tuesday night, if you would be interested in leasing back space on your floor for my head and small baggage.  The proposed payment for said lease would be $100ish worth of board games from my collection of items I'm selling on various forums at the convenient link below AND $50 cash money. I'm an easy going fellow, and I'm sure we can come to a suitable arrangement so that you leave the con having slept comfortably all week on a lovely Hyatt king bed, with even more games than you initially expected. I will be infrequently in the room as I much prefer to use con time for boardgaming and the room for sleeping.

Full disclosure:

I have snored in the past and may snore during the event; almost entirely while sleeping. I will not be smoking unless someone ignites me. I am a dude. I don't care if it is a solo or a pair who take the bed; but the tie on the door rule should be in effect in case there are more than "board games" being played in the room :-)  The space I intend to consume is enough for a rolling cooler or mini fridge, a roll away bed (assuming the Hyatt can accommodate the need), or the same floor space where I would lay my head if no back destroying roll away is available. I'll also desire a square foot of counter space for toothbrush and deodorant.

Fuller disclosure:
I'm a beardo. If facial hair frightens you, you may want to look for other arrangements.

To claim this "once in a lifetime opportunity" geek mail me. Posting in thread = no bueno. 

First come first served; obviously you'll need to be checking in on Tuesday so I have somewhere to stay ;-)  I'm driving from Austin area, so I'm flexible on arrival time.

Board games available in exchange:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4n-d0PpnJH0aawOjHcW...

ninja'd changed to $100 in games plus $50; I'll edit the original when this amazing offer is gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Luetchford
United States
Providence Village
TX
flag msg tools
...because that's how you get ants!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just called Hyatt at 888-421-1442 and was able to book a double queen at the con rate!! There is also junior suite availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luetchy wrote:
I just called Hyatt at 888-421-1442 and was able to book a double queen at the con rate!! There is also junior suite availability.

Just called, they were able to do that for thurs-sun, but not wed ... so I ended up saving some money.

Thanks for mentioning this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Elkins
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
luetchy wrote:

Just called, they were able to do that for thurs-sun, but not wed ... so I ended up saving some money.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Yes, thanks so much!! I was able to get Wed-Sun for the BGG.CON Rate!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luetchy wrote:

Saw this and called them right away. Got a room for Wed-Sun...

Now I have til the end of the day to decide which is better -- staying on-site, or getting free hot breakfast for me and my wife every day (at the Hyatt Place down the street). Breakfast probably costs $10-$12 per person at the Hyatt Regency, so that's probably a $80-$100 difference.

Is it worth an extra $100 to stay on site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Havard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
luetchy wrote:

Now I have til the end of the day to decide which is better -- staying on-site, or getting free hot breakfast for me and my wife every day (at the Hyatt Place down the street). Breakfast probably costs $10-$12 per person at the Hyatt Regency, so that's probably a $80-$100 difference.

Yes it's absolutely worth it to pay the extra $100 to stay on site. I'm so glad I saw these comments. I also just managed to book a room and switch my reservation over to the Regency from the Hyatt Place hotel. We are bringing a cooler with drinks and food to save some $$. Our room last year also had a refrigerator and we did not pay extra for that.

There are microwaves you can use to heat things up. Last year I brought a little panini press and we went up to the room and made pressed sandwiches for lunch each day. We also made breakfast tacos and stored them in the fridge and heated them up in the microwave for breakfast. It was a lot cheaper and very tasty!

Being on site is definitely worth it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
luetchy wrote:

And my other concern...

I seem to remember in the last year or two, people having "confirmed reservations" and then showing up to find no rooms for them.

If I cancel my other hotel room and go with the on-site reservation, what happens if I show up and they can't honor my "confirmed reservation"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Havard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
luetchy wrote:

And my other concern...

I seem to remember in the last year or two, people having "confirmed reservations" and then showing up to find no rooms for them.

If I cancel my other hotel room and go with the on-site reservation, what happens if I show up and they can't honor my "confirmed reservation"?

Don't know what to tell you on that front. I've never had that issue. I also gave them my hyatt passport number and I have both emailed confirmation and I can see it in my online account. Right now there is availability both in the BGG room block and outside of it. I'm checking in tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out when I get there. I had to cancel my Hyatt Place reservation otherwise I would have been charged 1 night in cancellation fees. If for some reason you show up and don't have a room, there are dozens of nearby hotels that you can book for $100 per night or less. 2 years ago we stayed at a Marriott for $99 per night with free breakfast. Parking is easy and free since the Regency validates. And you were already planning on an off-site hotel. So while that would suck, personally I think the benefits outweigh the risks. And it seems very unlikely that you would have a confirmation and not get a room anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katiedz wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
luetchy wrote:

And my other concern...

Don't know what to tell you on that front. I've never had that issue. I also gave them my hyatt passport number and I have both emailed confirmation and I can see it in my online account. Right now there is availability both in the BGG room block and outside of it. I'm checking in tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out when I get there. I had to cancel my Hyatt Place reservation otherwise I would have been charged 1 night in cancellation fees. If for some reason you show up and don't have a room, there are dozens of nearby hotels that you can book for $100 per night or less. 2 years ago we stayed at a Marriott for $99 per night with free breakfast. Parking is easy and free since the Regency validates. And you were already planning on an off-site hotel. So while that would suck, personally I think the benefits outweigh the risks. And it seems very unlikely that you would have a confirmation and not get a room anyway.

Yes, I'd like to think that. And coming Wed instead of Thurs I'd probably avoid that issue even if it happened. But if you check these forums you'll find threads where people had that exact issue for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year was the only year that happened, so far as I know. Also, when that happened, they found other accommodations for the missing days and paid for them. So worst case, you end up at another hotel (with shuttle) for a day or two at no charge and then have to move all of your stuff over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne Young
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
luetchy wrote:

I just called and there are 2 rooms available for Wednesday Only (a double queen, and 1 handicap King).

We got the last Junior Suite for Thursday & Friday. They just told me after Wednesday there are Executive suites for $350/night. Sorry.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday is all booked up, so we missed our window

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia S
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to work being a stupid I will no longer be able to attend cry. Have a King Room from Wed-Sunday if anyone is still looking.

Room Transferred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.