Greece
Πυλη
Τρικαλα
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
geeklist for the European Math Trade:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/223305/march-2017-eur...

List closes: Friday, March 24, 2016, 21:00 GMT

Deadline for submitting want lists: Thursday,March 30, 2017, 21:00 GMT

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Vasiadis
Greece
Πυλη
Τρικαλα
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
on the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

try the automated way to transfer your items from previous trades into the current one:

After clicking on the icon, select a previous trade from the dropdown list and press submit. Then you can easily transfer the entries of your choice into the current trade by pressing the corresponding buttons. This will save you a lot of time.

or, you can use this link:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=2233...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you forgot a link to the actual geeklist in your announcement.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25388685#25388685
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi

one question, if I put values on my games in the trade and also put values in the games I'm interested in shouldn't the program auto-fill the check marks that are of equal or higher value to my games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
hi :)

one question, if I put values on my games in the trade and also put values in the games I'm interested in shouldn't the program auto-fill the check marks that are of equal or higher value to my games?

It doesn't happen automatically, but if you actually push the button that does that, then yes :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
hi

It doesn't happen automatically, but if you actually push the button that does that, then yes

could you please tell me what button to push because I just don't see it, don't know where it is, etc...

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, it's the text in the red box that tells you to "click here". Come on, now. ;) (Step 4, editing wants)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Dude, it's the text in the red box that tells you to "click here". Come on, now. (Step 4, editing wants)

I don't know why I wasn't seeing the last "here" :\

Sorry to bother and thanks for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is 'mirror shipping'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plutonick wrote:

In simple terms, it is I will match the way that you ship ie. if you ship free within Europe, I will ship free within Europe. However this has one fundamental flaw - the person you are mailing to is most likely not going to be the person you receive from. Hence you are not comparing like for like. You may therefore penalise your receiver because your sender (different) may have a limited shipping contribution.

Definitely not acceptable or workable in Math Trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
plutonick wrote:
It is nothing to worry about. It has never been a part of MTs in Europe. It was a US thing which - afaik - now does not apply in any MTs anywhere.

It used to be something like: "I will apply the same shipping rules (mainly costs) as 'you' do if I am sending an item to you". In other words, if you offer free shipping, I will ship for free to you; if you charge for shipping, I will charge you.

Like I say, I don't think it applies anywhere any more, but like many things, it remains in the collective consciousness (like disallowing deletions, for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Ahiksking wrote:
However this has one fundamental flaw - the person you are mailing to is most likely not going to be the person you receive from.
The people who utilized this were aware of that. They just wanted to get everybody to cover the complete shipping cost or be burned, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Vasiadis
Greece
Πυλη
Τρικαλα
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
plutonick wrote:
what you need to know:

it is not an encouraged practice in the european math trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you decide to stop sending messages notifying about this math trade? I've almost missed it! I used to get messages from you before, so I wasn't actively looking for this month's trade, because I was sure that I'll be notifed. Luckily I somehow randomly stumbled upon the geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
plutonick wrote:
what you need to know:

it is not an encouraged practice in the european math trade

I'd go a step further and say AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone help me out a bit? I've added some items in the math trade geeklist, but when I go to the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ this math trade doesn't show up under "Your Active Math Trades". It does show up under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)" but none of my items are there and, obviously, I can't create my want list. Why is that and what should I do? I haven't had such problems before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer to all your queries but only about your items. your items don't appear automatically in the olwlg, especially if you added them recently. Some sychronization time is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonis Kalogerakis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This does not happen automatically.

Dimitris synchronizes the list with olwlg every day. You will see it in your active math trades right after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Vasiadis
Greece
Πυλη
Τρικαλα
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviser wrote:
Did you decide to stop sending messages notifying about this math trade? I've almost missed it! I used to get messages from you before, so I wasn't actively looking for this month's trade, because I was sure that I'll be notifed. Luckily I somehow randomly stumbled upon the geeklist.
it's 100% my bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thank you all for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviser wrote:
Could someone help me out a bit? I've added some items in the math trade geeklist, but when I go to the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ this math trade doesn't show up under "Your Active Math Trades". It does show up under "Other Active Shipping Math Trade(s)" but none of my items are there and, obviously, I can't create my want list. Why is that and what should I do? I haven't had such problems before.

It's that green text mentioned three times on the page you linked to ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey got anoter question just to ease my mind...

after I add some entries to my wants and after I click the "Here" button to do the automated checks based on values I entered some of the entries have a pinkish background and the following message appears at the bottom of the page bellow the "confirm changes" button:

Note: cells marked with a background like this would have been auto-checked but they were already on a dummy item's want list.

The cells on those entries show the check marks and I have no Dummy item want list created... so what does this mean? should I just ignore it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pinkish ones are the ones that were auto-checked by the value function. The text you are referring to is talking about boxes with a solid red background. Do you see any boxes with that EXACT background?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
The pinkish ones are the ones that were auto-checked by the value function. The text you are referring to is talking about boxes with a solid red background. Do you see any boxes with that EXACT background?

Thank you once again Tor for clarifying the doubts of this noob hehehe you are the man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Thank you once again Tor for clarifying the doubts of this noob :) hehehe you are the man :)

No worries! We've all been noobs at one point :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.