Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tier-02: Border Fort
Founders: Agamon, AngryPanda, ciago, dlow, FrUnitSeven, TAGames

Charter:

This tier is the first tier composed entirely of division winners, and should provide some intense competition. The first six such winners from Tier-01 are this tier's founders.

Divisions within the Tier will have an unlimited format range, and will be decided based on the preferences of players in the division. Gambits and Events may be used if at least 4 players within the division desire to play with them.

The tier is now in the Transition Phase. During this phase, only 1 player will be relegated from each division rather than the normal 2 players. This is intended to help stabilize the tier itself, as well as support creating the next tier up.

At some point after Tier-03 is founded, this tier may enter the Stabilized Phase, at which point 2 players will be relegated from each division. Rather than being primarily supported by entry level division promotions, the extra relegation each wave will also be back-filled by relegation from above.

Star Realms XTL -- main discussion thread
Star Realms XTL -- Tier-01
Star Realms XTL -- Tier-03
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Tier-02: Border Fort
| Division-000: Survey Ship
| Format: V-BHF

dlow
TAGames
FrUnitSeven
AngryPanda
Agamon
Ciago

T02|D000 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Spectacular game Dlow, I was sweating bullets the whole time. That super late top deck and draw Command Ship was a huge swing in my favor, and even so I barely pulled it out. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still weeping cry I forced that discard on you the turn before, to minimise the chances of you picking up the CS. As it turned out, *that* turn you had the other half of your deck - the big trade turn was the one *after* I forced the discard. Still thought I could pull it off, even then; but it came down to the shuffle-and-draw-one-for-damage-to-win roll of the die...Scout. Bother.

But you set up your win early on, with the threat from Fighter Base plus team and particularly all the scrapping you picked up while I was accumulating Motherships and Dreadnaughts and whatnot. At the time, I thought you grabbing that late Freighter was an error, and I was rubbing my hands...only for it to pay off in spades when the CS turned up, and moved straight to the top of your deck. In hindsight, I now see why you did it: it gave you the chance for that sort of play to happen. A mantra I often live to myself, happened to finish me off this time.

Well played!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Agamon over dlow on turn 18 - well played, sir.

At the key stage in finishing me off, Agamon only had three action cards in his deck: Stealth Needle, ImpFrigate, and BattleBlob (plus some late purchases, but they were irrelevant, and Explorers for bonus damage throughout). You can guess the story gulp It was my stuff-up that allowed him the BB, though, so I only have myself to blame. I had a play sorted out: CustomFrigate Explorer to top, sac to draw, play it and Scouts to grab the BB. A momentary distraction mid-turn saw me forget the middle step, and the plan shake

Losing in major part due to a silly error on my part annoys me more than the other games that one loses to the swings of luck...because errors are avoidable. That's double-bother for this morning angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, *that* was a tight group... Frank just smashed me, so we've got three at 3-2 and three at 2-3 And it looks like each of the sub-groups of three was a roundel

I vote we just play it again...!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe 2 plays off, one for the token, one for relegation ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the proper way to do it. I have a vested interest in my own suggestion whistle

EDIT: seriously, though, I can't see any option other than 2 playoffs; but I'm sure Adam will confirm one way or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, Adam could choose to introduce a seventh player in each div to avoid this kind of issue.

So this time, nobody get the token, nobody is relegated, and we play another round with a new player added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not sure how common this type of tiebreaker deadlock is with 6 players, or how much less common it would be with 7 players. I will consider it though.

For now, the playoff (two playoffs) is what is called for by the league rules. Each player will play 1 game each against the two other tied players.

I believe (though I am not entirely sure), that you can edit the current results for these matches, click "add a set" to report the extra results.

for the Token: Agamon vs. AngryPanda vs. FrUnitSeven

for the Relegation: Ciago vs. dlow vs. TAGames

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:

Second set: Ciago over dlow, dlow over TAGames. Same results as first set...this might take a while, if this keeps going blush

I was also randomly attacked by an Angry Panda. Can play; can't read... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
CrankyDay wrote:

Second set: Ciago over dlow, dlow over TAGames. Same results as first set...this might take a while, if this keeps going blush

Jeez guys get a room gulp

dlow wrote:

I was also randomly attacked by an Angry Panda. Can play; can't read... devil

Now I can't read so I don't know what you're saying but I think one of those words is my name so I want it known that I Challenged everybody in all XTL Divisions just to be safe.

Okay actually it was just you kyootie pie kiss but I perhaps incorrectly thought you'd be up for it ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciago over TAGames to prevent the repeat roundel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryPanda wrote:
Okay actually it was just you kyootie pie kiss but I perhaps incorrectly thought you'd be up for it ninja

I like to save our games up for when they count - to drop in some local lingo, we only play for sheep stations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_for_sheep_stations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in other words, go baahh or go home?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
in other words, go baahh or go home?

See, what you just wrote there is a New Zealand joke. Any NZ'ers reading that line will be grimacing at you, since Australians will usually only use it when speaking to them...

Said to an Australian, we just look at you like you're a drongo, and can't understand how you could mistake us for a Kiwi.

Canadians will probably sympathise... arrrh

Anyway, back on topic, Pandas don't baahh like a sheep. They just snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet CrankyDay feels pretty sheepish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnitSeven over AngryPanda. GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
FrUnitSeven over AngryPanda. GG

Truth!

Round 2....

edit: Actually I don't think I know how Agamon v FU7 went... surprise ninja Go Agamon!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryPanda wrote:
edit: Actually I don't think I know how Agamon v FU7 went... surprise ninja Go Agamon!!!

Neither do I. We're past mid-game and both have rainbow decks and good assets. So all depends on who get the better draws and combos I guess.

Edit: I keep your challenge in reserve for later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... and FrUnitSeven over Agamon. 33 turns game. Epic ending!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Division-000: Survey Ship

FrUnitSeven is the division champion after a set of tiebreaker games, earning a token and remaining in this tier.

TAGames takes the relegation spot, also after a set of tiebreaker games, returning to Tier-01

AngryPanda, Agamon, Ciago, and dlow all return to the Tier-02 queue for another chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Tier-02: Border Fort
| Division-001: Embassy Yacht
| Format: V-GBHF

Ominous
Klemp
dlow
Ciago
Agamon
AngryPanda

T02|D001 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Division-001: Embassy Yacht

Agamon is the division champion, earning a token and remaining in this tier.

dlow takes the relegation spot, returning to Tier-01

Klemp, Ominous, Ciago, and AngryPanda all return to the Tier-02 queue for another chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was a train-wreck...for me, at least! gulp Off to lick my wounds, etc. Don't fill up Tier-03 before I get another crack at it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.