Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Blood Rage forum, or the Rising Sun forum, but here it goes:

We've got 20 awesome Rising Sun monsters so far (9 of them exclusive), and nothing but time on our hands. And I know there are some Blood Rage fans out there, so let's do the obvious thing:

Create a Blood Rage version of your favorite Rising Sun monster!

I'll kick it off...

SETTING SUN: THE YOKAI INVADE RAGNAROK

Daikaiju

Age 2 (3+ players)

Strength 2*

In age 2, this monster counts as a ship.
At the end of age 2, if this monster is in a fjord, place it in the province just destroyed by Ragnarok.
In age 3, this monster has +1 strength.

- design by Nate Parkes (Eldil)

Nure-Onna, the Deceiver

Age 1

Strength 1

Figures may not move into or out of this monster’s province during a pillage action.

- design by Phil Schmidt (skies)

Kitsune

Age 1

Strength 1

This monster’s province is considered to have one additional village, which can only be occupied by your figures.

- design by Tomasz Podsiadło (omnibus4404)

Jikiniki

Age 1

Strength 2

If you successfully pillage with this monster, gain 1 rage.
When this monster is destroyed, place it in your reserves.

Sunakake Baba

Age 1

Strength 1

If you declare a pillage action in the province containing this monster, you may pay 1 rage to select any other figure. That figure may not enter the province being pillaged.

Also... I'll just put this here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldil wrote:

In age 2, this monster counts as a ship.
In age 3, this monster has +1 strength.

I really like this part!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does he automove from sea to land in Age 3 or only if he dies and comes back to your reserve or if you use march from an adjacent province?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent thread and great idea on moving from sea to land! This could be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I thought "There's no way the Dakaiju *isn't* an age 3 monster. But I like your idea of it being a ship and then a monster on land. Very thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Using Nure-Onna Model

The Deceiver
1 strength
Units may not move into or out of this monster's province during any pillage action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
Does he automove from sea to land in Age 3 or only if he dies and comes back to your reserve or if you use march from an adjacent province?

Good catch. I clarified it. Basically, if Daikaiju is still alive at the end of age 2, he moves to the province destroyed by Ragnarok.

If you like, you can even imagine that he was actually the force that destroyed the province--sort of the "vessel of Ragnarok."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 0.02$ Based mostly on my own imagination, as I don't remember what each monster does in RS.

1. Model:Kitsune
ERA:1
STR0/COST:1
When put in village somewhere on the map it lets you put in later course of the game one warrior more than there's free villages in the province.
TL;DR It blocks place for your enemies, but lets you put 1 soldier moe, as if there was another untaken village.

2. Model:Jikininki
STR:2 (?) COST: 2(?)
If you won the battle with Jininki, gain 1 rage.
If you lost the battle with jininki place it on your clan sheet, you can pay and put her on board again in your next actions

3.Sunakake Baba
ERA:1.
STR/COST: 1/2 (?)
Each time you declare battle with Sunanake Baba in the province, you can deny entrance one enemy mini joining the battle, instead paying one rage.

Probably inbalanced as hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
My 0.02$ Based mostly on my own imagination, as I don't remember what each monster does in RS.

1. Model:Kitsune
STR0/COST:1
When put in village somewhere on the map it lets you put in later course of the game one warrior more than there's free villages in the province.
TL;DR It blocks place for your enemies, but lets you put 1 soldier moe, as if there was another untaken village.

2. Model:Jikininki
STR:2 (?) COST: 2(?)
If you won the battle with Jininki, gain 1 rage.
If you lost the battle with jininki place it on your clan sheet, you can pay and put her on board again in your next actions

3.Sunakake Baba
ERA:1.
STR/COST: 1/2 (?)
Each time you declare battle with Sunanake Baba in the province, you can deny entrance one enemy mini joining the battle, instead paying one rage.

Probably inbalanced as hell.

I like em! I put them in the original post (after tweaking some of the abilities to be consistent with some other Blood Rage wording). I hope that's okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skies wrote:
Using Nure-Onna Model

The Deceiver
1 strength
Units may not move into or out of this monster's province during any pillage action.

I like it! I added it to the original post (with a picture) -- hope that's okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the Monster moving from sea to land. It would be so nice if CMON offered cards to play these monsters in Blood Rage and Massive Darkness. Like the Massive Darkness to Zombiecide Black Plauge cross over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple Actually, since Mr. Lang has said recently that he will get back to Blood Rage, I'd like to see my Norse Gods unbound!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Water Serpent aka "Jörmungandr" World Serpent.
ERA: 3
STR: 4
Effect: If you lose in a Battle that includes World Serpent, destroy victor's army in the province after pillage effect.
(this effect reflects the poisonous nature of the World Serpent in myth)

Alternate

Water Serpent aka "Jörmungandr" World Serpent
ERA: 1
STR: 2
Cost: 5
Effect: World Serpent inhabits all Fjords simultaneously.
(this effect reflects the Ouroboros nature of the World Serpent in myth)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dungeon Ears
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Really love this idea, I'm big on custom gaming- here are my thoughts. To balance these ideas and the above ones it may need some further thought to work out costs/ limits/ rules and specifics for their benefits and of course some playtesting. You could use some or all of the extra options, wouldn't be overkill as players can only go for so many options and have figure limits. May not want to use them all every game though.

Sorry for a long post- they're making a lot of monsters and they are all inspiring Blood Rage options!

Jinmenju - The Tree of Yggdrasil. Whoever successfully pillages Yggdrasil first may choose control of the tree OR the pillage reward - if they choose the former the pillage reward remains there and can be pillaged subsequently. If they then control the tree it goes on their play area (never the board although the best option would be to have a 'tree controller' token and leave the tree always on the board).

The tree is to be considered a permanent presence in Yggdrasil which can neither be moved nor destroyed (killed). Also it does not go on a 'space' so all the spaces there are free for pieces to move into. It does not suffer attacks or card effects but does add to the players fight score.

Controlling the tree gives the player a permanent presence in Yggdrasil that a pillage fight cannot kill, how many points depends on what would work best for balance, I'm thinking three maximum due to the dark elf option below. These would be counted for any fights there.

As the highest presence in this location is one of the quest objectives this makes the location of interest not just for pillaging (which makes this quest perhaps a bit less easy in a good way), perhaps there's a higher quest reward for completing that quest AND controlling the tree at the time.

Once it's been claimed players can fight for control of the tree by entering Yggdrasil and declaring they wish to fight for control of the tree (exactly the same as a pillage action and fight but the winner gets control of the tree, remember it will count for fight points for its current controller too!). Unlike pillage fights this is optional so if Yggdrasil has already been pillaged players can move in there without having to start a fight. The tree's controller may defend it even if other players have moved in peacefully (to try to 'evict' those players!) but will need to move in a piece that can fight to do so.

Finally to reward combined strategies, a dark elf (are these in the Blood Rage base set?) in Yggdrasil owned by the same player who controls the tree has the protection of the tree in return acting as its loyal defender and thus an extra 1 strength for both the elf and the tree (4 total for each) making this a very powerful combination.

If it works as such this might be good as not needing any cards other than for the dark elf option and the quest plus any used in fights (i.e. you don't need a card to add the tree like other monsters)

And for some of the others:

Phoenix: as with its role in Rising Sun it reappears when killed (bear in mind this means it can never go to Valhalla however, including in ragnarok-hit areas where it remains post-ragnarok!) so is immortal but there can be costs to triumph- as it represents coming back from adversity its value is equal to that of the highest enemy piece present but if its owner wins a battle the loser gains the phoenix...

Jorogumor (if stretch goal met) Can web a figure for half the cost of the figure's fight value rounded up - that figure is laid on its side as webbed and must spend a rage to return to play should its owner wish

Koneko - betrayal and espionage: can pay 1 rage to view an opponent's quest card randomly or pay a rival figure's cost to take that figure over to Koneko's side disregarding figures in play limit and not needing a space on their player card (unbase and put beside Koneko), if defeated the piece taken over is removed from this game.

Sacred warrior- Big, bulky brute: if moving into a space can muscle in to swap places with another piece and move them where it came from (not the tree only pieces in spaces), swapped piece can be friendly one if so wished.

Oni of Souls: 'fear and intimidation'- minus 2 to all enemies present (2 per player not per piece) and 'lambs to the slaughter' an extra 1 for its owner for each other player who moves piece(s) in during a pillage phase (tokens to count may be useful)

Oni of plagues: mortal sickness, if a fight is triggered may opt to fight a single targeted (named) enemy piece (not the tree) to try to infect them - this happens prior to any fight- this fight is resolved as a normal fight first- if this piece wins the losing piece is DEAD - it is out of this game and does not go to Valhalla, this death had no glory, and it can't be brought back into play. Also nasty for adding an extra fight card cost fighting off the sickness with this extra fight round...

Oni of skulls: Four arms for arms: in a multi-way fight can fight two foes at once, so if 3+ players in same fight it can void one of the cards played by one of the players- this card is discarded so its player loses it and is not counted in resolving the fight.

Oni of hate - cost is 3 plus any value of pieces it brings with it (all invade for free) Stir up trouble: can bring two allies with it which take up one space so you get three figures in one space

Oni of blood - Death glory: double vp for winning a fight this piece is involved in

Yurei: disgust and self-loathing: after this piece moves in to an area about to fight (but not if Yurei was already there before the fight was triggered) war guilt stops other players recruiting further support (no other pieces may move in to join this current fight including those of Yurei's player)

Fire dragon- slash and burn- can burn a village - the pillage rewards get removed (not Yggdrasil) and you advance (2?) glory on your card, however the village then retaliates so it is killed and removed from play (does not go to Valhalla)

I've got ideas for the optional expansion 'god' monsters but will save those for now as it's a long post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dungeon Ears
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
vitus979 wrote:
Water Serpent aka "Jörmungandr" World Serpent.
ERA: 3
STR: 4
Effect: If you lose in a Battle that includes World Serpent, destroy victor's army in the province after pillage effect.
(this effect reflects the poisonous nature of the World Serpent in myth)

Alternate

Water Serpent aka "Jörmungandr" World Serpent
ERA: 1
STR: 2
Cost: 5
Effect: World Serpent inhabits all Fjords simultaneously.
(this effect reflects the Ouroboros nature of the World Serpent in myth)

Like these ideas (for the river dragon?) perhaps depends if deployed on land or water, both being options for the player

on land:
as per top idea (which also fits the concept that fighting this dragon could be the death of its attackers even if they win and its possibly being Loki's child if sources checked are correct), cost 4 or 5

on water: I'm thinking maybe cost 4 or 5, strength 3 where located / 2 in other fjords, and can pay target's value to destroy ships or other monsters that count as ships- it really looks like it should have that ability!, only in the fjord its piece is in however but unlike other ships it can move fjord-fjord for the movement cost.

There's one final Ouroboros strategy benefit it might allow- as a free action it can 'eat its own tail/tale' and devour itself to return to its beginnings, either going to Valhalla or straight back to the player's reserves (life cycle marker needed- they can pay a reduced 3 to recruit it again this round) scoring VP whichever option is chosen equal to that of the player's rage remaining to spend this round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
smartcards wrote:
Like these ideas (for the river dragon?) perhaps depends if deployed on land or water, both being options for the player

Yes, I was thinking River Dragon. My mind was ahead of my hands and I mixed up the name of the RS mini while I was typing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dungeon Ears
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Starting post idea ^ - that's an interesting alternative for Fenrir so it could be an alternative for those without Fenrir, not sure if its mythological name might fit better though.

Koneko correction: 'not needing a space in the province or on the player card' for a captured betraying piece.

So for the seven lucky gods (Rising Sun expansion):

JOROJIN - Longevity: Costs 5 or 6 due to powerful benefit - Long life, stamina and energy: if on board gives 1 extra spendable rage per action turn where rage is spent (thus you spend 1 less or get one back however you track it)- multiple times in a round is possible, making this piece one to maybe get off the board quickly if a rival owns it or capture!)

EBISU - Prosperity - from round 2, if killed in age 2 advance your rage at start of round by 2 or if this is at max your axes by 2; if killed in age 3 advance your current rage to spend by 3

In both cases (JOROJIN/EBISU) rage can't go higher than the maximum spendable 12 although you may get more for round by spending some before it goes up.

FUKUROKUJU - Wisdom - when first put on board in game that player gets a 'wisdom advantage' - draw one random card from those not selected for this age into your hand, this ability can only be used once in game. Koneko cannot overpower this piece thus it will not change sides. Can march to neighbouring province for free due to its transport! (still costs 1 for further provinces)

BISHAMON - fortune in war- 4 force if monster or god in province and breaks any tie in a fight there, adds one horn for first player to own Bishamon

BENTEN- Pacifying presence: as in rising sun monsters (but not 'gods') are not counted for battles and their abilities ignored in province Benten is in. The dragon with Benten can defeat Nure Ona so if Benten enters Nure Ona's province it can ignore Nure Ona's ability suggested above (stopping a piece moving into that province) and Nure Ona is immediately removed to Valhalla.

DAIKOKUTEN - commerce and prosperity- protects province: no pillaging and thus no pillaging related fights allowed whilst in province, giving useful strategic time perhaps to reinforce the area..., can protect Yggdrasil from pillaging but not from fights for control of the tree.

HOTEI - fortune and popularity - if Hotei's side wins a pillage they also get a tribute gift from a neighbouring province of its pillage reward (neighbour cannot be Yggdrasil) which is then reset if it has not already been claimed, still rewarded if it has been claimed already.

That's it for my suggestions as a starting point to work with - If any are too similar to those already in the base game of Blood Rage (which I've only played once and don't yet own to check) or there is something missing (maybe need something else affecting horns or axes or that lowers horns or axes or starting rage) they could be tweaked or for missing possibilities there are a few monsters left from Rising Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I just found this thread after I already opened a new topic...

Which monsters/abilities may enrich the game / strengthen some less favored cards? Are there some experiences already?

Just had these thoughts about it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1788372/rising-sun-crossove...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Goodhart
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I love this. I was toying with the idea of trying to play Blood Rage on the Rising Sun map...If only they would have put faint village circles and the squares for the pillage tokens.

Now, how on earth can we get custom cards for our custom Rising Sun monsters??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panon Stormcrow
Brazil
flag msg tools
Here are my ideas for a crossover between the two games I'm developing.

First to use Rising Sun stuff at Blood Rage:

Gods from the orient

Amaterasu – In Amaterasu’s province, all monsters STR count as 0.

Tsykuyomi – If you successfully pillage Tsykuyomi province, gain 2 rage.

Fujin – The winner of a battle in Fujin’s province may move any amount of his surviving figures to the province Fujin moves to (as long as there’s enough unoccupied villages).

Raijin – When invading Raijin’s province, you may invade with one additional warrior for free.

Hachiman – Whoever starts a pillage in Hachiman’s province adds +2 to his total STR.

Susanoo – Figures can’t move out of Susanoo’s province.

Ryujin – In Ryujin’s province drakkars have +2 STR.

Monsters from the orient (at the start of each game, you separate all the monsters, keep the "core ones", wich are the ones that have duplicates at the 5th player expansion KS exclusive, and then choose 3 random ones between the original norse and this japanese ones)

Komainu (age 1) – STR 2. Counts as a mystic.

Sacrad warrior (age 1) – STR 1. Counts as a warrior and has +1 STR for each clan upgrade you have.

Kotahi (age 1) – STR 1. When this monster invades a province, gain the province’s pillage reward.

Oni of Skulls (age 1) – STR 2. Has +1 STR if you are the player with the lowest glory in it’s province.

Phoenix (age 2) – STR 2. When this monster is destroyed, gain 1 glory and immediately return it to the same village.

Koneko (age 2) – STR 1. When this monster is destroyed, steal 2 rage from the player who destroyed it.

Jorogumo (age 2) – STR 2. At the start of a battle, take control of a warrior or mystic in the province until the end of the battle.

Oni of despite (age 2) – STR 4. When this monster invades a province, you steal 3 glory from each player with more glory then you that have figures in the province.

Dragon (age 3) – STR 5*. *Costs 3 to upgrade.

Kitsune (age 3) – STR 1. When you win a battle with this monster, gain 6 glory.

Baba-yaga (age 3) – STR 1. At the start of a battle take one opposing figure as hostage. If that figure’s owner win the battle, return the figure to the same village it was.

Oni of hate (age 3) – STR 4. This monster may invade a village occupied by a monster from a player with more glory then you, destroying that monster.

Now, to use Blood Rage Stuff at Rising Sun:

Season cards

Brothers in arms (spring enhancement) – (1 coin) Bushi upgrade: Each pair of bushi you have in the same province adds one additional force.

Foreign mercenaries (summer enhancement) – (1 coins) Add 2 norse warriors to your reserve. They count as bushi.

Foreign worshiper (autumn enhancement) – (1 coins) Add 1 norse mystic to your reserve. He counts as a shinto.

Kami cards (changed)

Ryujin – (card) Each player in this province adds 1 force for each different type of season card they have.

Fujin – (card) Whoever moves into or out of this province may move across one additional border or shipping route.

Norse gods

Odin – (tile) 1 coin, 1 ronin, 1 victory point – (card) Double the harvest rewards in this province during a harvest mandate. Winning this war province token also grants it’s harvest reward.

Thor – (tile) 2 victory point – (card) The winner of this war province token gains 1 victory points per enemy figure destroyed.

Loki – (tile) replace one bushi or shinto anywhere in the map and lose honor – (card) Any figure may replace any figure in this province during a betray mandate, no matter the type.

Frigga – (tile) 1 coin/reinforcement card – (card) No figure can be killed during a war on this province.

Tyr – (tile) Kill one bushi anywhere in the map – (card) Before resolving war in this province, all players with force in it gain 2 bushi.

Heindal – (tile) Choose an opponent to lose 1 ronin – (card) In this province players can’t hire ronins.

Hili – (tile) Choose an opponent to lose 1 coin – (card) Entering this province by any means costs 1 coin.

Norse monsters

Troll (spring) – (2 coins) Counts as force 2. May kill 1 oponent bushi in the province where it’s summoned.

Sea serpent (spring) – (3 coins) Summon this in a shipping rout and it counts as being in both provinces. When moving, can go to any shipping rout.

Mountain giant (spring) – (1 coin) Counts as a daimyo.

Fenrir (summer) – (3 coins) Counts as force 2. When killed, kill all other figures in the province.

Wolfman (summer) – (3 coins) Only monsters and Kami count as force in this province.

Fire giant (summer) – (4 coins) Counts as force 4. Kill ALL bushis and shintos in the province where it’s summoned.

Troll mystic (autumn) – (3 coins) Counts as a shinto with force 2.

Brok & Sindri (autumn) – (free) The dwarves are two separated figures.

Frost giant (autumn) – (4 coins) Counts as force 4. Double the harvest reward in this province if you win.

Bear clan (9 honor, 3 income)

Different then the other clans, it has 1 Daymio (Leader), 2 shintos (mystics) and 8 bushis (warriors). It has no strongholds, but starts the game with a Drakkar.

Pillage (clan hability): Whatever you win a war token, gain coins equal to the token’s value.

Special starting rule: At the start of spring, after the tea cerimony, the Bear clan player puts his drakkar at a shipping rout and then puts his daymio and 1 bushi at an empty province.

Drakkar special rules: It can be moved to any shipping rout at any moment the player is allowed to move his figures. When recruiting units, the bear clan player may summon one figure in each of the provinces connected to the shipping rout his drakkar is at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panon wrote:
Here are my ideas for a crossover between the two games I'm developing.

First to use Rising Sun stuff at Blood Rage:

Gods from the orient

Amaterasu – In Amaterasu’s province, all monsters STR count as 0.

Tsykuyomi – If you successfully pillage Tsykuyomi province, gain 2 rage.

Fujin – The winner of a battle in Fujin’s province may move any amount of his surviving figures to the province Fujin moves to (as long as there’s enough unoccupied villages).

Raijin – When invading Raijin’s province, you may invade with one additional warrior for free.

Hachiman – Whoever starts a pillage in Hachiman’s province adds +2 to his total STR.

Susanoo – Figures can’t move out of Susanoo’s province.

Ryujin – In Ryujin’s province drakkars have +2 STR.

Monsters from the orient (at the start of each game, you separate all the monsters, keep the "core ones", wich are the ones that have duplicates at the 5th player expansion KS exclusive, and then choose 3 random ones between the original norse and this japanese ones)

Komainu (age 1) – STR 2. Counts as a mystic.

Sacrad warrior (age 1) – STR 1. Counts as a warrior and has +1 STR for each clan upgrade you have.

Kotahi (age 1) – STR 1. When this monster invades a province, gain the province’s pillage reward.

Oni of Skulls (age 1) – STR 2. Has +1 STR if you are the player with the lowest glory in it’s province.

Phoenix (age 2) – STR 2. When this monster is destroyed, gain 1 glory and immediately return it to the same village.

Koneko (age 2) – STR 1. When this monster is destroyed, steal 2 rage from the player who destroyed it.

Jorogumo (age 2) – STR 2. At the start of a battle, take control of a warrior or mystic in the province until the end of the battle.

Oni of despite (age 2) – STR 4. When this monster invades a province, you steal 3 glory from each player with more glory then you that have figures in the province.

Dragon (age 3) – STR 5*. *Costs 3 to upgrade.

Kitsune (age 3) – STR 1. When you win a battle with this monster, gain 6 glory.

Baba-yaga (age 3) – STR 1. At the start of a battle take one opposing figure as hostage. If that figure’s owner win the battle, return the figure to the same village it was.

Oni of hate (age 3) – STR 4. This monster may invade a village occupied by a monster from a player with more glory then you, destroying that monster.

Now, to use Blood Rage Stuff at Rising Sun:

Season cards

Brothers in arms (spring enhancement) x2 – (1 coin) Bushi upgrade: Each pair of bushi you have in the same province adds one additional force.

Norse mercenaries (summer enhancement) x2 – (2 coins) Add 2 norse mercenaries to your reserve. They count as bushi.

Norse mystic (autumn enhancement) x2 – (2 coins) Add 1 norse mystic to your reserve. He counts as a shinto.

Kami cards (changed)

Ryujin – (card) Each player in this province adds 1 force for each different type of season card they have.

Fujin – (card) Whoever moves into or out of this province may move across one additional border or shipping route.

Norse gods

Odin – (tile) 1 coin, 1 ronin, 1 victory point – (card) Double the harvest rewards in this province during a harvest mandate. Winning this war province token also grants it’s harvest reward.

Thor – (tile) 2 victory point – (card) The winner of this war province token gains 1 victory points per enemy figure destroyed.

Loki – (tile) replace one bushi or shinto anywhere in the map and lose honor – (card) Any figure may replace any figure in this province during a betray mandate, no matter the type.

Frigga – (tile) 1 coin/reinforcement card – (card) No figure can be killed during a war on this province.

Tyr – (tile) Kill one bushi anywhere in the map – (card) Before resolving war in this province, all players with force in it gain 2 bushi.

Heindal – (tile) Choose an opponent to lose 1 ronin – (card) In this province players can’t hire ronins.

Hili – (tile) Choose an opponent to lose 1 coin – (card) Entering this province by any means costs 1 coin.

Norse monsters

Troll (spring) – (2 coins) Counts as force 2. May kill 1 oponent bushi in the province where it’s summoned.

Sea serpent (spring) – (3 coins) Summon this in a shipping rout and it counts as being in both provinces. When moving, can go to any shipping rout.

Mountain giant (spring) – (1 coin) Counts as a daimyo.

Fenrir (summer) – (3 coins) Counts as force 2. When killed, kill all other figures in the province.

Wolfman (summer) – (3 coins) Only monsters and Kami count as force in this province.

Fire giant (summer) – (4 coins) Counts as force 4. Kill ALL bushis and shintos in the province where it’s summoned.

Troll mystic (autumn) – (2 coins) Counts as a shinto with force 2.

Brok & Sindri (autumn) – (free) The dwarves are two separated figures.

Frost giant (autumn) – (4 coins) Counts as force 4. Double the harvest reward in this province if you win.

Bear Clan (as the only can with an unused color among the Rising Sun clans)

Different then the other clans, it has 1 Daymio (Leader), 2 shintos (mystics) and 8 bushis (warriors). It has no strongholds, but starts the game with a Drakkar (that's his ability). The clan income is 3.

At the start of spring, after the tea cerimony, the Bear clan player puts his drakkar at a shipping rout and then puts his daymio and 1 bushi at an empty province.

Drakkar special rules: It can be moved to any other shipping rout at any moment the player is allowed to move his figures. When recruting units, the bear clan player may summon one figure in each of the provinces connected to the shipping rout his drakkar is at.

PS: I sill haven't decided where the Bear Clan would be initially situated at the honor track, so i'm open to sugestions hehe

Love it, do u have card scans for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panon Stormcrow
Brazil
flag msg tools
I'm currently working on that. I couldn't find all of the original arts from both games, and I'm trying to get the photoshop templates to create the cards.

I'm also planing on creating an alternate deck for blood rage, changing a few things, adding some new things and removing others. Maybe I'll do an espcial deck for rising sun as well, but I still don't know the game well enoght, having played only 10 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.