Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Canada Day! This is the Forum Area for the Associated GeekList. All Comments are to be placed here for the associated Math Trade.

The Geek List can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22697

Deadlines
Submissions posted (including sweeteners): Sunday, July 8, 5:00pm BGG Time
Summary of submissions posted (by me): Sunday, July 8, 11:00pm BGG Time
Want lists due: Tuesday, July 10, 5:00pm BGG Time
Results posted: Wednesday, July 11, 5:00pm NOW 11:00pm NOW 11:00amBGG Time, July 12th - Thursday

I've deceided to go Numeric Alpha. So the lists should look like:

45Aquadukt 50DungeonTwister3/4exp 71Rheinlander 8Candamir

45 is the item being traded, 50, 71 and 8 are the wants. I agree that this makes things much more readable and will help avoid mistakes in the future (As we know it can happen!).

I trust this clears things up.

Good Luck to All!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Canada Day/4th of July - Can/US Math Trade
Excellent. I have plenty to offer this time around. I'll just need to combine things into nice packages so that I'll actually get some people wanting my stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaizen Zanshin wrote:
I will determine the method of submitting want lists soon. (Please consult the discussion thread for details.) It will either be numeric or numeric/alpha

I vote for numeric/alpha! Assuming we're voting, of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphanumeric catches way more typos, plus is more human readable. This generally prevents a lot of simple mistakes and accidental trades.

Please, please, please don't go with numbers-only.

MDK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've deceided to go Numeric Alpha. So the lists should look like:

45Aquadukt 50DungeonTwister3/4exp 71Rheinlander 8Candamir

45 is the item being traded, 50, 71 and 8 are the wants. I agree that this makes things much more readable and will help avoid mistakes in the future (As we know it can happen!).

I hope this clears things up - Thank you for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does shipping work? I have never done a math trade before and I see some people listing maximum dollar amounts, others stating "mirror shipping", and still others restricting by geographic region.

I have read the Math Trade Forum guide, but it stated that shipping rules are up to the moderator.

Sorry if this is a "newbie question". blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
How does shipping work? I have never done a math trade before and I see some people listing maximum dollar amounts, others stating "mirror shipping", and still others restricting by geographic region.

Maximum dollar amount means they will cover the cost up to that point. Anything beyond that, the receipient must pay via Paypal, Geekgold, etc.

Mirror shipping (which I am personally doing this time around), means that the sender will use whatever shipping policy the recipient uses. For example, if you are the recipient of my game, and you only pay the first $10 (for the game you are sending to someone else), then, I will only cover the first $10 of my shipment to you. If you cover the entire shipping cost (for the game you are sending), then I cover the entire shipping cost to you. Likewise, if you won't ship to Canada, then I won't ship to wherever you are.

Some people just don't want to ship internationally. These people will state "US only" or "Canada only". I feel the only valid reason for this is if you really want accurate tracking. Cross-border delivery confirmation is dubious at best, and using a method with full tracking costs a hojillion dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is better than returning home from vacation to find several boxes of Tanga goodness waiting for you?

Why, another Math Trade of course

-->For those of us listing wants 'on the fly' please, PLEASE do NOT delete an entry-just submit a blank (or at worst no) want list?

Haven't checked the lists yet, but is JeffyJeff in and are the wonder tools available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us are allergic to Tanga games. Please be courteous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was Hansa offered during the latest Tangathon or was I just dreaming? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a few copies of it show up on this trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A question about GenetiTrade -- it that the program that doesn't pay attention to want list order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ARRRGGG! I have games to trade, but I won't be able to submit any want list. I'll have to wait for the next!!!

Happy Trading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Genetitrade does not care about the order you list the games on your want lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Some people just don't want to ship internationally. These people will state "US only" or "Canada only". I feel the only valid reason for this is if you really want accurate tracking. Cross-border delivery confirmation is dubious at best, and using a method with full tracking costs a hojillion dollars.

Snort! LOL I have -never- seen anyone say "Canada Only"! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is also the first Math Trade I'm participating in and I'm rather excited, but I do have a couple questions.

First, in looking through the games listed already, there is quite a range of values. I'm trying to get together some solid offers, including some sweeteners for my games. But could a person who is offering just a $7 card game end up with an expensive boardgame, like Pillars of the Earth? That doesn't seem quite fair.

And my other question is about my list of wanted games. From other posts, it sounds like I cannot list an order of preference, so any game I submit on my want list I have the same chance of getting - is that right?

Thanks in advance. I can already see why participating in Math Trades can be addicting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnston
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any limits on number of games offered by a given user, or multiple copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
This is also the first Math Trade I'm participating in and I'm rather excited, but I do have a couple questions.

First, in looking through the games listed already, there is quite a range of values. I'm trying to get together some solid offers, including some sweeteners for my games. But could a person who is offering just a $7 card game end up with an expensive boardgame, like Pillars of the Earth? That doesn't seem quite fair.

And my other question is about my list of wanted games. From other posts, it sounds like I cannot list an order of preference, so any game I submit on my want list I have the same chance of getting - is that right?

Thanks in advance. I can already see why participating in Math Trades can be addicting.

To answer your first part about the values. In my experience, a lot of trades are typically fairly even. In that $25 game, will typically trade for a game ranging between $20-$30. In the last math trade i was able to trade a kosmo's card game for a copy of second edition round bound. I think it's not so much a matter of dollar value as it really is economics of 'wants'.

Of course it all depends on you want list though, and to answer your second question, ANY game you put on your WANT list you should be fully prepared to receive! Most first time math traders find this out the hardway. If you dont want to be dissappointed, simply only have a want list of games that you absolutely want. Pretty simple really, and also keep in mind that if you want list is very short and only contains high-end games you probably won't get a trade.

Good luck and happy trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads up- the user, ezradenney, who entered items 198-201, has a trade rating of "5" with three neutrals and one negative feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:

Christian,

Like another James said, It isn't a matter of fairness, math trades are always quite fair. Most games trade within their respected value ranges, however it is possible to have massive trade ups or massive trade downs. If someone gets a game that is worth far more than what they offered then kuddos to them. But that means that someone was willing to get something worth far less than what they were offering (or more likely a whole string of people were willing to take something slightly lower than what they were offering).

As for you chances of getting a game, you are equally likely to get the first game on your list as the last game on your list. So only put games on your list that you would be happy getting for your game.

And remember, barring mistakes (which occassionaly happen), everyone is getting something that they said they wanted. So as long as you are happy with what you get it doesn't matter what anyone else gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks James and James for the quick answers. I'm excited to see how this all works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:
Heads up- the user, ezradenney, who entered items 198-201, has a trade rating of "5" with three neutrals and one negative feedback.

I'll look into this - thanks for looking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wjohnston wrote:
Any limits on number of games offered by a given user, or multiple copies?

No and No - Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eknauer wrote:

the most specific comments appear to concern packaging-e.g. packed in plain envelopes and the game boxes took a few shots for the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the most specific comments appear to concern packaging

And- "Shipped 55 days after trade accepted."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Math Trade Question....if I am interested in a game (say Puerto Rico for example) and multiple users are offering it....would I list it several times in my want list? So my want list might include 2 games, but listed four or five times because of different traders offering the same game? Does this increase your chance of getting the game?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |