Popular Tags: [View All]
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Canada Day/4th of July - Can/US Math Trade

Wot? not taking the opportunity to lug your games along and save $$$ by shipping US to US?

Migmeister wrote:
SHIPPING PERIOD INCREASE.

Hello to you all, I just found out that I'll be traveling to Oklahoma next Sunday and be back July 20th. I will have my portable computer with me, so I'll be able to keep the communication going, but if someone gets a game from me, it won't be shipped before July 23rd or 24th.

But rest assure, games will be shipped as fast as I can upon my return.

Just wanting to let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Piette
Canada
Beloeil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not knowing how many games will actually trade, I prefer to have more room in my suitcase and see if I can get a few good deals to bring back... And some of those games aren't mine...

If the trade would have been over before I left, I would have jump on this opportunity!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
tgbruiser wrote:
dcorban wrote:
I was the one that sent that game. I have sent many games out without a box and have had only one previous report of damage.

I don't want to start an argument, but if you have traded about 10 games and already had one person indicate that they received a crushed game, you probably should have changed your shipping practice or at least started advertising up front how the packaging would be. The feedback on two of your trades, though positive, indicated the recipients were surprised to receive games wrapped in only paper, so maybe that should have raised a red flag to you.

-- Admin mode off --
-- Personal rant mode on --

Wrapping games in paper and shipping them is just not acceptable in any sort of trade. It pretty much guarantees damage. Personally, if I find a person who ships games in paper, they go on my personal bad trader list, and I will not trade with them. It just seems silly to let a game get destroyed in the mail and defeats the whole purpose of trading.

-- Personal rant mode off --
-- Admin mode on --

It has been pointed out to me that this could be taken as a personal attack. This was not my intention, and I appologize. I did not mean to direct this at Dan directly, as he has indicated that this will not happen again.

It was meant more for the community at large to indicate that people expect certain things when trading. That is, that they receive the game in good condition. I have been the recipient of games shipped in paper, and I am really surprised when it happens because they always get damaged. Then either the shipper or the receiver has to replace the game at great cost.

My intention was more to indicate that in general this is not considered an acceptable practice.

I appologize to Dan if he feels this was an attack on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan has explained the 55 Days shipping and I beleive he has learned not to wrap his games in paper only. Lets give him a chance shall we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, the "55 days shipping" wasn't me.

Let's get back on topic and trade some damn games. I only see three games I want (so far) and I have 13 entries up. Although, I must admit that I don't have 13 boxes handy for shipping purposes, so someone throw up Dragonland and Mexica and let's call it a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Let's get back on topic and trade some damn games. I only see three games I want (so far) and I have 13 entries up. Although, I must admit that I don't have 13 boxes handy for shipping purposes, so someone throw up Dragonland and Mexica and let's call it a day.

And as long as we're doing shameless grovels for 'games I want to see on this list':

I see Simply Cosmic and Eon Cosmic Encounter. I want to see Mayfair's Cosmic Encounter up there, already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
dcorban wrote:

And as long as we're doing shameless grovels for 'games I want to see on this list':

I see Simply Cosmic and Eon Cosmic Encounter. I want to see Mayfair's Cosmic Encounter up there, already

And I'd like to see an english edition Antike, Canal Mania, Downfall of Pompeii, Go Away Monster!, La Città, Medici, Mäuse-Rallye, Monkey Madness, and Spirits of Niagara added. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
They still give out free Priority Mail and Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes. No tape or packing materials though.

USPS still gives away Priority Mail tape. It and the boxes can be ordered online, and they deliver within a few days (by Priority Mail, ironically). You do have to order the boxes 10 at a time, however.

My local Post Offices are rather spotty with availablility of boxes, so I just order them for delivery to my PO Box. You'd think that my local PO could get the clue when they're receiving those... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Santa Claus, if we're making requests, I want Elfengold, Chinatown, Mississippi Queen: The Black Rose and Ys+ please.
So mostly hard to get expansions of games I already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking requests, now? I would like to see Bitter Woods (4th Edition), East Front II, Zombie Town, Fury of Dracula, and Tide of Iron. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
requests??? heh

mmm, i am actually really hoping for wildLife, or the sauron expansion a la LOTRs.

=D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regai wrote:

And I'd like to see an english edition Antike, Canal Mania, Downfall of Pompeii, Go Away Monster!, La Città, Medici, Mäuse-Rallye, Monkey Madness, and Spirits of Niagara added. arrrh

well, I *could* put up Go Away Monster! but the Princess would rip out my spleen and feed it to her Teddy Bear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
More requests - Factory Fun, Arkadia, Genesis, and Cash and Guns. Still, there are a lot that I'm interested in already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, if we're gonna request some stuff, I'll throw in my wishes:

Space Hulk
Power Grid
Caylus Magna Carta
Warhammer Quest
and
Battlestations

Now you all get that stuff on the trade list and only pick my games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
tuttleboy wrote:
OK, if we're gonna request some stuff, I'll throw in my wishes:

Space Hulk

Now you all get that stuff on the trade list and only pick my games!

Well I've already put an (admittedly incomplete) copy into the math trade and I want at least one of your games....

Hmmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
My local Post Offices are rather spotty with availablility of boxes, so I just order them for delivery to my PO Box. You'd think that my local PO could get the clue when they're receiving those... shake

Apparently the post office isn't allowed to order them. I have considered ordering some on behalf of a local post office. Unfortunately, the flat rate boxes are often not quite the right size for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well hey, I've got some requests too! I'd like to see Imperial, Breaking Away, and The Princes of Florence. Toss a copy of Sticheln in too, for good measure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My requests:

A large number of cards for Deadlands: Doomtown CCG
RoboRally: Armed and Dangerous or RoboRally: Grand Prix or RoboRally: Radioactive
Um Reifenbreite
Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #1 – Greece & Eastern Kingdoms
The World Cup Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
...Unfortunately, the flat rate boxes are often not quite the right size for games.

True, but the larger flat rate box is perfect for Days of Wonder games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get almost anything of mine to move with one of the following:

(in no particular order)
1. Angkor
2. Hive Bakelite
3. Twilight Struggle 2nd ed.
4. Descent: The Altar of Despair
5. Fowl Play!
6. Deus Vult!
7. Neuroshima Hex! 3.0
8. Tide of Iron
9. Mare Nostrum: Mythology Expansion yes, just the expansion
10. City and Guilds

Combinations of the above would go over well, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sheesh, with the success that requests are meeting, here are my suggestions:

Age of Steam
Elfenland
Mississippi Queen
Goa
Killer Bunnies expansions

...not that I'd end up with any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every math trade should have a request thread.

Keep filling those requests, boys and girls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Question from a first time Math Trader... is there typically a limit (or a standard size) to the number of games in a want list? I just see so many realy good games this time around, but I don't want to be too obnoxious when I submit my want lists in a few days.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
Question from a first time Math Trader... is there typically a limit (or a standard size) to the number of games in a want list? I just see so many realy good games this time around, but I don't want to be too obnoxious when I submit my want lists in a few days.

There is no limit. The more you have on your wantlist, the better the chance of a trade, which means someone else's game will trade, which means someone else's game will trade, which means... you get the point. More on one wantlist is better for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:

Thanks.

Like Dan said, there are no limits on how many items you can list on your wants. Just remember that you are equally likely to get any one of the items you list. So ONLY list games that you ABSOLUTELY want.

(In the past there were limits, but the current tool we use eliminated that.)

[edit] The longest want list I can recall had over 90 items on it [/edit]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [28] |