Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all. I have a small (very small) private group that meets up on Fridays in Tacoma and we're looking for one or two new persons to join us after a friend moved out of the area.

Additionally, I'd like to start something about once a week on Sunday mornings in a more public setting.

My collection of games gives a reasonable sense of our group's taste, as we tend to lean toward more Medium-Light weight games. When we had a larger more regular group we really enjoyed Power Grid, but also played more party games like Resistance, A Fake Artist Goes to New York, Codenames and the like.

If you are interested in learning more feel free to send a message or post here. If you're not, thanks for taking the time to read this and here's something to ponder: If you had to spend the rest of your life with just one game, just one album, one movie, and just one book what would you choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone pointed out that I didn't include a book in my list of things to spend the rest of your life with, so I'm correcting that mistake and including my list below.

Game: Carcassonne
*The amount of diversity I can get out of my Big Box and all of the expansions/promos makes this a no brainer. It also doesn't hurt that my fiance loves the game.

Album: David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
*With Bowie's passing last year, it's even harder to imagine any other album being more necessary.

Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
*Reminds me to be a better person.

Book: Watership Down
*Since my movie is lacking in adventure, this feels like an easy choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mikkelson
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you're still looking, I'm an avid gamer who just moved up here after spending my life in SoCal and would like to build a gaming circle in my new home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for writing David and welcome to the Pacific Northwest. I'll shoot over a message so that we can see about getting connected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schuur
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
I recently moved to Tacoma (from Puyallup) and am looking for a group to play with. If you still have an opening let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for writing William, I'll send you a geekmail with more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly down in the Oly area, but I figured I'd still answer your pondering.

Game: Carcassonne.
I only have I&C / T&B + Included expansions in the new edition. I can not imagine life without owning this beautiful game.

Movie: October Sky
Probably, It's my favorite and could use another re-watch pretty soon.

Album: Simple Plan - No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls or Matchbox Twenty - Exile on Mainstream
Ugh, pretty hard as my changes taste often, so I'm going with a general 2.

Book: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
May not be my favorite, but its a safe bet for re-readability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's been quite awhile, I'm going to bump this back up to the top. We could still use an additional regular member or even an additional some-timer to join us on Fridays.

During our Friday nights, we've recently played New York 1901, Rattus, Castle of Burgundy, Small World, & Scythe. During our Saturday meeting last month, we played A Fake Artist Goes to New York, Werewolf, Going Going Gone, & Dixit. (Obviously the Saturday meetings are larger groups that are more party-game oriented.)

We're pretty regularly 4 people these days, but another person wouldn't hurt.

Just let me know if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
If my return commute down from Seattle on Fridays didn't always take far too long, I might just take you up on the invite...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
If my return commute down from Seattle on Fridays didn't always take far too long, I might just take you up on the invite...

That is an unenviable commute by most comparisons Brian, I feel for you. If you ever find yourself with an afternoon off, give us a shout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another bump since it's been a few months. Our group is still active and most of the above still applies. If you're interested, just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Swank
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I live up in Kingston, but I've been looking for a group for a little while now that isn't to far of a travel and i would definitely be interest in joining if you still have room

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for writing Logan, I'll send you a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeeepguy ZJ
msg tools
mbmb
Just moved to the area and am interested in finding a group to play with. Are the gaming times every Friday night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for writing jeeepguy, I'll send you a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Helmer
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

I realize this thread hasn't been touched in awhile, but I also moved to Tacoma recently and am interested in getting a gaming group going or joining one! If there are any folks on here that are looking for someone to play with, please let me know. You can check out my (small) game collection in my profile and I'm pretty open to all different types. I'd be particularly interested in finding a group to explore some medium to medium-heavy games with on a regular basis, but I'm not picky!

Thanks,

Julian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leister
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This group meets in Tacoma
https://www.meetup.com/contac/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clearbrook
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, getting back to gaming. Live in FW so this could be a good fit. You can see my game list on BGG including Power Grid and Small World with an emphasis on medium weight and heavier board games. If you need another, let me know. Thx, Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for writing Mark. Our group is on hiatus for the summer, but I'll give you a shout when we get started up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls