$30.00
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a no-shipping math trade held at GCOM Game Days 2017 in Parkville, Maryland, on Saturday April 29, 2017.

Trade List: GCOM Game Days 2017 No-Ship Math Trade [Parkville, Maryland]
Discussion Thread: GCOM Game Days 2017 No-ship Math Trade Discussion Thread [Parkville, Maryland]
Event Details: http://gamedays.gamesclubofmd.org

There will not be a separate request list for this trade. Just use the discussion thread for such requests.

Timeline (all times Eastern Time):

Open for posting games: Now
Deadline for posting games: Tuesday, April 18 2017, 10:00 pm Eastern
Deadline for want list submissions: Tuesday, April 25 2017, 10:00 pm Eastern
Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

The thread you are reading is for discussion of the math trade, including complete rules. Please subscribe to this thread so you can be notified of any changes that may occur. I put the rules in this discussion thread instead of the main trade list because they are not repeated on each page (as they would be with a geeklist), making the geeklist more streamlined to browse.

The actual trade will take place at the convention. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded. You will drop off your games on Saturday any time before 2pm. You will pick up your games at the same location any time after 2pm on Saturday. If you cannot be there on Saturday please make other arrangements with your trading partners.

Rules:

1. You must subscribe to this thread to be informed of changes.

2. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.

3. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, gift cards and/or certificates, and geek gold are allowed. Use the game item "Outside the Scope of BGG" for geekgold or gift certificates, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" or "+altname+$50 gift certificate-altname-" in the description. These special tags make it easier to handle in the OLWLG. If you choose to receive gift certificates or gift cards, you will need to pay 3% of the value to BoardGameGeek as their commission. After the trade is done, create a marketplace listing with "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" for the amount of the gift card, and then have the sender (the seller) buy it.

4. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.

5. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG. All items in a single geeklist item will trade as a single unit for all items in another geeklist item.

6. In the unlikely case that you've been reported as a bad trader, you should contact me before you participate.

7. It is ok to remove items that are errors or that have been traded away, until the deadline for submitting games has passed. After this deadline, the trade list will be locked and no further changes will be possible. However, you can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've changed your mind or traded it away elsewhere.

8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.

9. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
etiquette question - I live in Northern VA, and do not yet know if I can make it up that day. Is it OK to list items, so long as I only submit wants if I know I'll definitely make it there on trade day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, that's totally fine. Just make sure to submit a blank want list if you won't be able to attend or send a proxy with your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
still submit a blanked list even if I don't have any trades? wouldn't the same effect occur by just not submitting a list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Major regret that this is my birthday weekend so I won't be able to attend ><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mellman99 wrote:
still submit a blanked list even if I don't have any trades? wouldn't the same effect occur by just not submitting a list?

That's also fine. The OLWLG tool will warn me that you haven't submitted anything, and I'll likely end up GeekMailing you to double-check that you don't intent to submit any wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
mellman99 wrote:

That's also fine. The OLWLG tool will warn me that you haven't submitted anything, and I'll likely end up GeekMailing you to double-check that you don't intent to submit any wants.

ah ok good to know then that's a good reason for me to make sure to submit a blank one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Levy
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bulkoth wrote:

It's Your Birthday. You should be able to do what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have many hundreds of games available for trade. It would be too much work and clutter to list them all in this trade, so I just added shrinkwrapped games starting with the letter "A". Complete list is on https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/user/Eric%20Engelmann

If you would like me to add any of the other games listed in my BGG Marketplace, please just PM me. I'm mainly looking for very popular, highly rated games to add to the Congress of Gamers' library for use at our growing family of conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gamesclubofmd wrote:
Bulkoth wrote:

It's Your Birthday. You should be able to do what you want.

I guess it's hard to complain since a bunch of friends are coming over for a full day of gaming, but getting them to drive over there to play just so I can participate in the trade is a big ask ><

Best of luck to all of you traders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
something came up so I'll be unable to attend. I deleted my items offered from the geeklist to clean it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a re-sync with the OLWLG but I will leave the item submission window open for another day or 2. Hopefully we can get a few more contributors, since right now I don't foresee much of anything trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
I've done a re-sync with the OLWLG but I will leave the item submission window open for another day or 2. Hopefully we can get a few more contributors, since right now I don't foresee much of anything trading.

Awesome. I added a few things. I want NEED that copy of Glass Road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Johnson
United States
New Market
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we be able to submit our wants list?

I realize the math trade is small and looking for more participation but I have not seen any additions for the past two days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've locked the list and want submissions are now open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Johnson
United States
New Market
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the math trade results been posted? If so, where can I find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, The math trade results are now calculated. Only a single trade loop with 3 games trading. You can view the results using the OLWLG.

Note that there is still time to submit your untraded games into the Auction Store if you wanted to sell your games for cash.

BraveSirPatrick : (1 trades of 12, 8%) BELCAMP, MD, USA
-- 1. gives "Colt Express (83)" to esok (35) LAUREL, MD, USA (43.2 miles)
++ 1. receives "1812: The Invasion of Canada (75)" from oldpear GLENSIDE, PA, USA (70.9 miles)

esok : (1 trades of 5, 20%) LAUREL, MD, USA
-- 1. gives "Suburbia (35)" to oldpear (75) GLENSIDE, PA, USA (114.2 miles)
++ 1. receives "Colt Express (83)" from BraveSirPatrick BELCAMP, MD, USA (43.2 miles)

oldpear : (1 trades of 4, 25%) GLENSIDE, PA, USA
-- 1. gives "1812: The Invasion of Canada (75)" to BraveSirPatrick (83) BELCAMP, MD, USA (70.9 miles)
++ 1. receives "Suburbia (35)" from esok LAUREL, MD, USA (114.2 miles)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeff, for running the trade! I will actually be able to attend this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.