United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was actually 10 years ago yesterday I posted the public announcement at...

(obsolete thread, please use guild, see base post) Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread

Pieces of the OLWLG I started writing and using a little earlier than that but it was 10 years ago (yesterday, April 2nd 2007) that it was formally put together and announced.

I should at some point dig up some stats (probably need to write another script to do it) of the last 10 years.

I'm still surprised myself it's still kicking after 10 years... I had written the initial pieces just for myself since I didn't like creating a want list by the error prone by hand method. Also keep in mind the trade resolver at the time was TradeGenie which had a hard coded array/limit of 500 (or was it 600?) items. Hard to believe this tool has lived to support 6,400+ items and 600+ different users math trades.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! You've spawned and inspired a lot of sub-groups and side projects to support your original efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Many, many congratulations -- and even more thank yous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for still hosting and maintaining the OLWLG through all these years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Québec, Canada
flag msg tools
mb
WOW surprise

That proves that a great job was done and is still working on!

Congrats 10 years OLWLG!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.