Subject: The ultimate question, a reprint planned or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unfortunately I planned to get this for the next month and see what happened. Hence the title...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on watching the preorders for the next titles in the series, I'd start looking for used copies. AIO and RTG2 progressed to their print thresholds pretty quickly and have since stalled out. That suggests to me that the market saturates on the first run and that reprints are unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Crush. Mix. Burn. Repeat.
mbmb
Guess it is time to sell my copy...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game has seen steady, constant growth in popularity . . . it is possible that some of the games in the series may be reprinted, but they are not slated for publication any time soon.

For the price of SJWII, you could instead spring for one of the new titles.

SJWII should drop in price in a year or two . . . and you might even find a great price if you check the marketplace regularly and/or follow auctions.

Good luck! I recommend this series whole-heartedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were willing to play the original SJW you can pick up the AH version fairly cheap. Since SJWII was made by MMP they probably made a lot less, I don't think the price will go down on shrink wrapped/un-punched copies, but I could be wrong. Just so you know, they are going back to the old style graphics on the new games in the series, which I believe will be more in line with the original games of the series, although the maps will be different(better). I know some people love the series simply for the maps, they are very well done. If must have SJWII and you were going to try to pick up that version I would watch the BGG market, join the Facebook War Gamers Marketplace group run by Joel Toppen or watch eBay for the game being listed. Best of luck I know how frustrating it is to try to pick up games once they go OOP, but if you patient you might get lucky and find the one you are looking for.

Best of Luck,
turks1966
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally scored a new copy from nobleknight. Don't ask the price+shipping though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls