6 Posts

Tokaido» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe Edition - question about the cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I was reading a description about the Deluxe Edition and it says:

172 beautifully-illustrated cards, with updated graphic design

So do the cards actually contain different art than the standard version? If so, is it just for the main set of cards or are the included crossroads cards also different?

I also read a post elsewhere that said the cards are significantly flimsier in the deluxe version compared to the standard version cards. Is this true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
The art on the cards is largely identical, but with some slight differences to borders and I believe that some iconography might be larger.

Significantly flimsier? I don't really know. I've owned both editions and sleeved both as the small cards are nearly impossible for me to shuffle without sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb

Mmm, let's see. The main art is the same, but other layout aspects (as backgrounds and card boundaries) are diferent. I think the Deluxe edition did this to have a clean/elegant view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the art is pretty much the same, only there are some layout changes or details added for clarity.

And there are no monkeys on the 3-point hot springs cards, that's unforgivable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
mearendil wrote:
And there are no monkeys on the 3-point hot springs cards, that's unforgivable.

My copy have them surprise. I think that was a misprint on the first backers pacages sended. It seems FFG fix the issue on later deliveries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Interesting. Are there any photo comparisons between the different borders/backgrounds?

A reddit post I came across while researching the deluxe edition mentioned the cards in the deluxe edition was significantly flimsier than the main set, that's why I asked about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.