neversummer m
msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - Jedi greenMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages - HappinessMicrobadge: Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients fanMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest: Inferno fan
Here is how I have always uderstood the rules regarding this:
1. When you lose a red cube you can choose to lose one you have already spent this turn.
2. When you gain a red cube you gain it unspent (unless revolting with Robespierre).

Now with those points in mind I thought that when I replace a leader who provides a red cube (say Ceasar) with another one who also does that (say Joana D'Arc) I could effectively gain one more military action this turn if I use it before replacing -> old leader dies so I can lose the spent cube -> new leader gets elected providing a new unspent cube.

Now this is apparently incorrect as when tried on BGO I found myself with a spent red cube after electing a new leader.
May it by any chance be a bug or is it working as intended in which case could someone point a flaw in my understanding of the rules here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
When Your Action Total Changes, page 10

If a card leaves play because it is being replaced by a card entering play, update your tokens once the process is complete. You cannot resolve it as two separate steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neversummer m
msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - Jedi greenMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages - HappinessMicrobadge: Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients fanMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest: Inferno fan
Thanks Benkyo that answers my question perfectly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same applies when you upgrade Warfare with Strategy. You only gain 1 unspent MA, even if you spent one before the upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls