Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I've been playing this game at my brother's for almost one year now, I have several games under my belt and I love it. This week I managed to get myself an used copy (with all expansions! yay!!) and for the first time read the rulebook. I've noticed this one thing on page 24 of the core game rulebook that got me intrigued. It says:

"...Investigators may exchange damage tokens for ones of equal values (but of different denominations) at any time."

Does it mean that I can, basically, gain a certain amount of horror to heal the same amount of damage? Thematically I imagine this could be explained by saying the investigator is using all his/her concentration to ease the physical pain but is becoming weaker on the head.

Can someone confirm if I'm right or just going crazy? Maybe I'm misunderstanding because English is not my native language so I don't know... I've been looking through the official faq and made a quick search here but didn't found anything, which could either mean that this is so obvious that there is not even a doubt, or that this is so crazy wrong that no one ever thought about it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehh, no.

This simply means that if you have 5 damage tokens you may exchange them for 1 damage token with a '5' on it.

I agree that this is a bit weird to be put in the rules like this, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alexander. What got me there is the "different denominations" part of the text. It sure makes much more sense that you can't simply heal by concentrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:

Does it mean that I can, basically, gain a certain amount of horror to heal the same amount of damage?

You're also mixing the terms of damage and horror. 'Damage' are the wound tokens. 'Horror' are the sanity tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.