Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] seattle [+] [View All]
Mike Halekakis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new FLGS just opened up here in Seattle where I live. That typically wouldn't be so much of a big deal for me--we've got a few of them scattered about already, and while they're nice enough and will sometimes get my money, I mostly order stuff online. It keeps me from buying and spending too much generally.

Except this one is quite literally a two minute walk from my house. Uh oh...

http://bluehighwaygames.com/default.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Mr_Smallberries wrote:
I mostly order stuff online. It keeps me from buying and spending too much generally.

I find this a bit strange, going to a shop makes it alot more effort and a smaller range restricts your choices. Ive always found when I shop online I buy way more than I set out to do in the first place, and often something completely different. But when I goto a real shop I have a budget and I know what I want and I walk away with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
FLGS Proxomity Danger!

I suffered from that Proxomity Danger for years. Quite painful. I finally got relief by taking Ginko Balboa, twice daily.

I feel better now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live two blocks away from the Ballard Goodwill, and now live about 4 blocks from the Value Village. So even though I have proximity danger, it's only $1.99 when I am weak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Halekakis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:

I find this a bit strange, going to a shop makes it alot more effort and a smaller range restricts your choices. Ive always found when I shop online I buy way more than I set out to do in the first place, and often something completely different. But when I goto a real shop I have a budget and I know what I want and I walk away with it.

Yeah, you would think that's how it should work for me too, but impulse shopping instincts take over and I end up grabbing things that are further down my wish list, probably because the pretty box is right there in front of me, taunting me like some foul temptress.

Hey, as an aside--I saw a couple of days ago that there's a new King Diamond out. I haven't haven't heard anything off it yet myself, but I though The Puppet Master was his best in while so I'm really curious. Have you given it a listen yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Halekakis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I used to live two blocks away from the Ballard Goodwill, and now live about 4 blocks from the Value Village. So even though I have proximity danger, it's only $1.99 when I am weak...

Heh, yeah, not so bad with the ol' Value Village. I don't live close enough to that place to ever find anything I want unless I'm Halloween or Burning Man shopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls