Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Tokaido» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe edition board printed off-center? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I just received the deluxe edition, and I'm wondering if the board printing is not centered correctly. From images I've seen online, the border should be visible in the bottom-left corner, up to where the blue swirls begin. Here's an image of what I mean:

On my board (technically it's a gift for Christmas but I felt I better check it now for missing/damaged parts), it looks the same, except there's no border visible on the bottom-left part of the board. Does anyone else have this issue with their deluxe/collector's edition board? Is that normal? I see the border was printed but it's folded over and glued on the back side like it wasn't centered. But maybe there's some variation?

I own the standard edition and it looks centered, exactly like the image above, except that it's the standard board. Can anybody post a picture of their deluxe/collector's edition board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are separate entries on BGG for the Collectors and the Deluxe editions, perhaps check those for images of the board in whichever version you're looking for.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155731/tokaido-collector...

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/186375/tokaido-deluxe-ed...

If you can't find the pictures you need try asking in the forums specific to the version you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I posted in here since the main base game forum gets a lot more attention than the expansion forums.

I did find this one image from the collector's edition forum, and it shows the image centered with the border on the bottom:

Notice both the standard and collector's edition boards have the bottom border. My deluxe edition doesn't have the bottom border at all. I don't know if I should get an exchange with Amazon or contact the company. Amazon should swap it out but this is a pretty expensive item and I don't want them to put me on their "bad" list.

EDIT: I see these images in the Collector's edition forum are missing the bottom border, just like mine:

I'm thinking the centering varies. I'm guessing some just aren't printed centered. If that's the case, I wonder if I shouldn't bother, since it's a lot of hassle to swap it out with Amazon just to get another one that looks the same. I have some minor print smudging on mine too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this seriously an issue???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
skyzero wrote:
Is this seriously an issue???

Considering the cost of this game, and the fact that I bought it specifically to get the larger board, since I already own the standard edition, and wanted to get the accessory pack but couldn't because I needed the larger board to use the figurines, yes, it is to me. The deluxe edition is $75 dollars more that I wasn't planning on needing to spend, but it was the only way to get the larger board for the figures. For $75, it was important to me to be sure I didn't get a misprint.

What might not be important to one person can be important to another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.