Recommend
210 
 Thumb up
 Hide
239 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: My Little Scythe - a My Little Pony remake of Scythe for the whole family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Paul from Boardgamegeek, My Little Scythe is now available to try out on Tabletop Simulator. I'm still floored when he surprised me with this just hours after release! Thanks Paul!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93714...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We played tonight and had a blast! I had a few questions.
Can 2 ponies on the same team be on the same hex?
I assume if someone is in the middle hex at Sweet Apple Acres in order to complete a delivery there one must move in (with 4 goods) and win a pie fight, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Josh,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed it. As for your questions, YES to both questions. The latter is actually a critical move. A successful delivery AND a pie fight win provides two achievements.

If I didn't know better I think you have the first documented play of the game outside my own personal prototypes!

Now you know you owe me a photo right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Our components aren't finished, but we couldn't wait to play. I still need to finish the player color bases, mount the game board, and I'm thinking about laminating player boards.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfive wrote:
Our components aren't finished, but we couldn't wait to play. I still need to finish the player color bases, mount the game board, and I'm thinking about laminating player boards.


Beautiful shot! Is that a tiny flower pot I see?

Also do you mind if I add this to our My Little Scythe BGG page? I'm going to declare it the first documented PnP.

edit: and please fill this out if you find a minute. It'll help me with the next 2 games in the pipeline. https://sites.google.com/view/mylittlescythe/feedback
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is a tiny flower pot. I was at Michael's looking for pieces. They had stars and that worked perfectly. Next to the stars they had little wooden flower pots on clearance for just over a dollar. I thought they'd be fun. I got a set of fake flowers from Dollar Tree to finish it off. The apples are a bag of erasers.
You can use the picture. I'll upload more later when I've finished assembling everything. Yes, I'll fill out the feedback.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think? We'd love to know.

Our father-daughter project could not have evolved into the game it is today without community feedback. For those who have had the chance to review the rules, game files, and perhaps played the game already, let us know what you like or don't like about it.

We intend on releasing more free PnP games in the foreseeable future--let us know how we can bring the whole family back to the table!

https://sites.google.com/view/mylittlescythe/feedback
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Hutchinson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, this is AWESOME!!!
Thank you for doing this, my daughter is very excited about us putting it together as she is a big pony fan.

I uploaded the board game file to my local copy shop (STAPLES) and received a telephone call about an hour later that they were unable to print the board game poster size as it is against their copyright policy with having My Little Ponies on it. They stated that I could come in and print the letter size files on their printers but they couldn't do it for me and I wouldn't have access to print out a poster size for the game board.

Has anyone had any issues getting this printed?

Going to try to find another place tomorrow.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gkbinger wrote:
First off, this is AWESOME!!!
Thank you for doing this, my daughter is very excited about us putting it together as she is a big pony fan.

I uploaded the board game file to my local copy shop (STAPLES) and received a telephone call about an hour later that they were unable to print the board game poster size as it is against their copyright policy with having My Little Ponies on it. They stated that I could come in and print the letter size files on their printers but they couldn't do it for me and I wouldn't have access to print out a poster size for the game board.

Has anyone had any issues getting this printed?

Going to try to find another place tomorrow.



Sorry to hear that. While that certainly hasn't been my experience with my local Staples, I understand that this may depend on whoever's working. I certainly don't want you and your family to miss out so here's a special version of the board I made for you that omits the ponies altogether. Let me know if that works better for you.


-Hoby
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We just had it printed at Staples yesterday with no problem.

A different Staples might be an option.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I put together a quick box cover. Printed it and glued it to a Cranium box that was destined for the Goodwill.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Files!?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go.

I've got to say I miss Photoshop. I was never good with it, but trying to cobble this together with Paint.NET wasn't fun. Maybe next time I'll try Gimp.
9 
 Thumb up
11.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B V

Montclair
New Jersey
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving this! Thank you so much for making it and distributing it to all of us! Can't wait to try it out with my kids. What age range do you think this would work with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Josh!

GIMP takes a bit of getting used to after being familiar with Photoshop, but it works quite well. There is GIMPshop that drops a PS-like interface on top of GIMP. I haven't looked at it in a while, but it appears to be relatively up-to-date (v2.8).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfive wrote:
Here ya go.


That looks amazing! Thanks Josh!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cottrell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sophia and I have pretty much completed our game, just a couple details to polish it up. We have several plays under our belt and it's great!
I was planning to 3d print some of the components and still might, but a quick trip to Joann's and I found all the components I needed. multi-colored shiny star beads for achievements, primary colored rhinestones for track markers, heart shaped beads that look passable as apples, gemstones, little wooden tokens for player boards which we'll paint, and teddy bear eyes which make great pivot points for the pie fight dials.
We also used the star beads to make medallions for the ponies so we could skip the colored bases and still mix and match our pony teams on the fly.

Thanks for all your work!






7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferrousity wrote:
Sophia and I have pretty much completed our game, just a couple details to polish it up. We have several plays under our belt and it's great!
I was planning to 3d print some of the components and still might, but a quick trip to Joann's and I found all the components I needed. multi-colored shiny star beads for achievements, primary colored rhinestones for track markers, heart shaped beads that look passable as apples, gemstones, little wooden tokens for player boards which we'll paint, and teddy bear eyes which make great pivot points for the pie fight dials.
We also used the star beads to make medallions for the ponies so we could skip the colored bases and still mix and match our pony teams on the fly.

Thanks for all your work!



Thank you so much for sharing Michael! This really made my day! And I love all your creative touches, especially the medallions idea. It's amazing what you can find in terms of board game mod/prototyping parts from craft shops. We don't have a Joann's but we have quite a few Michael's stores. (eh, Michael?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hoby,

I am having trouble downloading the files to print out. Every time I click on one of the "Download Package" link, it just takes me back to the main page. Not sure what to do.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Hoby,

I am having trouble downloading the files to print out. Every time I click on one of the "Download Package" link, it just takes me back to the main page. Not sure what to do.

Thanks


Same issue yesterday. Would be a shame if this isn't freely shared anymore. Maybe a hosting issue?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lzmountaingames wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Hoby,

I am having trouble downloading the files to print out. Every time I click on one of the "Download Package" link, it just takes me back to the main page. Not sure what to do.

Thanks


Same issue yesterday. Would be a shame if this isn't freely shared anymore. Maybe a hosting issue?


Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest. It's actually because the distribution period for the PnP test files have ended. I've updated the wording on the site to clarify this. As the game uses temporary art I unfortunately can't distribute this version in perpetuity. But the final version will be free and available for as long as there's the Internet!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Howland
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I apparently missed the deadline for downloading the PNP files for this. I haven't shown this to my daughter yet, thankfully, but can someone point me in a direction where I might still be able to get a copy of this? I've been searching through the forums and so far no luck. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Hutchinson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the different file, I was able to print that one no problem. Appreciate it so much as my daughter is so excited about this!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gkbinger wrote:
Thanks so much for the different file, I was able to print that one no problem. Appreciate it so much as my daughter is so excited about this!


I'm really happy to hear that Gail! Please consider sharing a photo of your first game! My daughter loves seeing others playing the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
Lzmountaingames wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Hoby,

I am having trouble downloading the files to print out. Every time I click on one of the "Download Package" link, it just takes me back to the main page. Not sure what to do.

Thanks


Same issue yesterday. Would be a shame if this isn't freely shared anymore. Maybe a hosting issue?


Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest. It's actually because the distribution period for the PnP test files have ended. I've updated the wording on the site to clarify this. As the game uses temporary art I unfortunately can't distribute this version in perpetuity. But the final version will be free and available for as long as there's the Internet!


So just to be sure sometime I would be able to print the board in the future to make with my family?

This looks like the first thing I am really going to try as a print and play!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.