Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
239 Posts
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: My Little Scythe - a My Little Pony remake of Scythe for the whole family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
I can't wait to see the final version (having just found this site). My girls and I LOVE My Little Pony!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
mbmbmbmbmb
pompoms wrote:
I can't wait to see the final version (having just found this site). My girls and I LOVE My Little Pony!!

Hi Amber, thanks for reaching out! Sadly I have to admit that it won't follow a My Little Pony theme. (there's more thinking involved than what Hasbro would like for a game) But we hope you and your girls will also like what we have planned. My daughter and I are both very excited with what we have in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone happens to have the files I'd love to get them.. my daughter loves mlp and I'm sad I found this after they got taken down. ={

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
Smile :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
If anyone happens to have the files I'd love to get them.. my daughter loves mlp and I'm sad I found this after they got taken down. ={

PM'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfive wrote:
Here ya go.

I've got to say I miss Photoshop. I was never good with it, but trying to cobble this together with Paint.NET wasn't fun. Maybe next time I'll try Gimp.

Wow that looks awesome I want to build one of these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Nicholson
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuzetus wrote:
Riddlebox85 wrote:

PM'd

Hey there, I don't suppose you could send them to me as well please. My daughter is somewhat obsessed with it. Also playing the RPG which is good.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken_Nicholson wrote:
Hey there, I don't suppose you could send them to me as well please. My daughter is somewhat obsessed with it. Also playing the RPG which is good.

Thanks

I feel like the most popular kid on the block at the moment I got more PMs the past few days than I normally do throughout the year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artur, if I could kindly ask that you remind those requesting the files that these really are the version 1 prototype files and are not reflective of where the game is today. In fact, it's very different now.

Thank you!

Wuzetus wrote:
Ken_Nicholson wrote:

Thanks

I feel like the most popular kid on the block at the moment I got more PMs the past few days than I normally do throughout the year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
Artur, if I could kindly ask that you remind those requesting the files that these really are the version 1 prototype files and are not reflective of where the game is today. In fact, it's very different now.

Thank you!

As is often the matter with freebies vs. content as-of-yet unavailable. If I recall correctly, there's been talk of the theme being dropped as well, aye? For those attracted in large part by that, the enhanced gameplay may not equal the trade. Curiosity prompts me to ask by the way, is this in any way related to plans of the game actually getting published?

Nonetheless, ladies and gentlemen, ye have been warned. My warez are stale and you download the overdue files at your own risk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Artur,

I can only confirm that this is really to control expectations. It was quite moving seeing families spend entire weekends and sometimes incur high costs to craft this game for their kids. While my daughter and I are overjoyed with seeing our game enjoyed by so many families, I do want to reiterate that this version is at least 30 iterations behind. I just wanted to clarify this before anyone commits the time and energy into the project.

I can also confirm that there will not be a My Little Pony theme for the final game, but we hope that most people will enjoy the new theme just as much (if not more). Judging by your avatar, I fear this might sound disappointing for you, and for that I sincerely apologize. Hasbro only pursues certain types of games, and this isn't one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at one of my favorite games ever (Wiz-War) I can safely say a game after dozens of changes and iteration needs not necessarily be superior to its predecessor. Not implying anything here, I'm sure you're doing your best and the game is evolving well. Nonetheless, based on the reactions observed in this thread, the outdated original still seems to be worth the effort.

As for the theme, for me - and judging from what I've read, quite a few others - the real hook was just that. My gaming group includes no younglings and I foresee no changes there, so I don't even plan on making the game (I have enough work with my own projects, *cough*). And from the messages I got, the theme is oft what stands out as the reason for pursuing this project. Needless to fear disappointment here - I'm very much enjoying the reception of your project so far. No matter where it goes from here, that's something to be happy about laugh

To conclude: best wishes and fingers crossed for your ongoing work with this game, though I'll stand by the worth of its nigh-prototypical version. I applaud the strive for clarity, await and advocate the reveal of MLS reborn, but at the same time support those who are still very much interested in the original.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, there's other examples, too. I am sticking with my well-worn old WotC copy of RoboRally as I'm unimpressed by where that one has gone in the years I was away from the hobby (though the metal minis could use a new coat of paint--Twonky is looking a little ragged after his many trips down various pits over the years).

I'm only just now finally getting MLS to the top of my build queue. I received the pony minis book, which my daughter immediately spotted "What is THIS?! surprise" So I had to let her open it and play with them with the warning that the figures need be kept track of so we can build the game. My niece has fabricated apples from Sculpey for it. My next steps are sift through extra bits in my gaming supplies and my wife to do the same to locate appropriate pieces fore the various markers (I think we have enough on hand), get the 1" wood disks, and start printing & fabricating. I even already have a bunch of the magnets from a mis-sized batch for X-Wing stand conversions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
In my view,

Old Merchant of Venus > New Merchant of Venus,

Old Saint Petersburg > New Saint Petersburg,

Old Titan > New Titan,

Old Royal Turf > New Winner's Circle,

Old Diamant > New Incan Gold,

Old Snow Tails > New Mush! Mush!: Snow Tails 2,

Old King of Tokyo > New King of New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Show Manager > New Atlantic Star

Old For Sale > New For Sale

Old Res Publica > New Res Publica

Old Cosmic Encounter > Newest Cosmic Encounter > Newish Cosmic Encounters (Eon, FFG, Mayfair etc.)

Old Dune > Rex: Final Days of an Empire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're using good examples, but let me adjust it a bit here for argument's sake:

Published Version of Old Merchant of Venus > Test Prototype 1 of Old Merchant of Venus

Published Version of Old Saint Petersburg > Test Prototype 1 of Old Saint Petersburg

I hope you see where I'm going.

Part of what prompted me to be a little more proactive with setting expectations was when I began to see reviews of My Little Scythe surfacing, often listed side by side with commercially developed & published games. I have to admit that often reviews were flattering, but some felt the game needed further development. Well being the 1st test prototype, I felt that should have been obvious. Unfortunately I noticed that reviewers did not make any mention that it's a prototype under review.

We also have to be aware that Google results, if left alone by the blogger/reviewer, never really go away. I have concern that reviews of the initial prototype will eventually be mixed with reviews of the final version since the reviews often don't make any mention that it's a prototype. I felt I could have done a better job clarifying on the game board itself that it's still a prototype, rather than relying on the versioning printed on the rule book itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
You're using good examples, but let me adjust it a bit here for argument's sake:

Published Version of Old Merchant of Venus > Test Prototype 1 of Old Merchant of Venus

Published Version of Old Saint Petersburg > Test Prototype 1 of Old Saint Petersburg

Test Prototype of Dune > Published version of Rex

or more for the kids

Test Prototype of Pokemon > Published version of generic anime creatures if they were unable to get the license.

I see both sides. The My Little Pony theme is a huge draw to this game. I'm thankful that we have a version of it. I also understand the necessity of changing the theme and am looking forward to seeing what changes have been made (both to gameplay and theme). I hope it gets published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any indication of themes being considered? Any thought about artwork designs and styles. A lot of what had attracted me to this I must confess was the MLP theme fro my daughters and really even my sons. Beyond the recognizable characters the art style also is soft on the eyes and very kid friendly. I know that kids don't only respond to anime eyes but looking at games that my kids do enjoy include:
My First Carcassonne
Monster Factory
Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters
Pokémon Trading Card Game

They all have kid friendly art. The use of pastels and soft edges on your original map I know was appealing for kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrone_jones wrote:
Do we have any indication of themes being considered? Any thought about artwork designs and styles. A lot of what had attracted me to this I must confess was the MLP theme fro my daughters and really even my sons. Beyond the recognizable characters the art style also is soft on the eyes and very kid friendly. I know that kids don't only respond to anime eyes but looking at games that my kids do enjoy include:
My First Carcassonne
Monster Factory

They all have kid friendly art. The use of pastels and soft edges on your original map I know was appealing for kids.

Owww... collect pokemons and fight pokemon battles. My son would play that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam, based on your family's tastes I think you're going to really like what we have in store!

tyrone_jones wrote:
My First Carcassonne
Monster Factory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Lira
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, I love this retheme and streamlining of Scythe, but the download links in the Official site are down.

Can anyone send me the files for the Pnp?

Please and thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cary Harrison
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to have a copy if possible. Please and thank you to anyone who is willing to do so.

While a new version with a new theme is great; I wanted this game because of the ponies. Saw you at Gen-con, wish it hadn't taken me so long to have money and then find this again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Olafslomp wrote:
tyrone_jones wrote:
My First Carcassonne
Monster Factory

Owww... collect pokemons and fight pokemon battles. My son would play that!

Mine too!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darius Dark
United States
Kenmore
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would also love to get a hold of the PnP files. My daughter is a little young right now (she's not yet 2), but I would love to have these on hand when she's old enough. I also have several gaming families I know that would LOVE this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karla Freeman

California
msg tools
Any chance of being able to get the Pony PnP? My attention was drawn because of the Pony theme. I thought I had the link, and today I even picked up a bunch of little MLPs to use with the game...and my link doesn't work. I'm beyond sad! I wanted to create this for someone who I know would love it and it would mean a lot to...and now I can't take all the MLP figures I got back to the thrift store, lol. This is a friend who ran an ongoing RPG with ponies...he called it something like "the unnamed small horse" adventure (something catchier, but I don't remember exactly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
thegamergrammy wrote:
Any chance of being able to get the Pony PnP? My attention was drawn because of the Pony theme. I thought I had the link, and today I even picked up a bunch of little MLPs to use with the game...and my link doesn't work. I'm beyond sad! I wanted to create this for someone who I know would love it and it would mean a lot to...and now I can't take all the MLP figures I got back to the thrift store, lol. This is a friend who ran an ongoing RPG with ponies...he called it something like "the unnamed small horse" adventure (something catchier, but I don't remember exactly).

Did you know about the official MLP RGP?https://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Tails-Equestria-Core/dp/1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.