Recommend
210 
 Thumb up
 Hide
239 Posts
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: My Little Scythe - a My Little Pony remake of Scythe for the whole family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
Smile :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrone_jones wrote:




MUST. HAVE. I've only heard of the Pathfinder remake and it didn't sound half as good!

EDIT: Substituted a lower-res image.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuzetus wrote:
tyrone_jones wrote:




MUST. HAVE. I've only heard of the Pathfinder remake and it didn't sound half as good!

EDIT: Substituted a lower-res image.


Perhaps I shouldn't share this page but these might also interest you
http://ninjadivision.com/my-little-pony-tails-of-equestria/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Hey look, a pony!
badge
Smile :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrone_jones wrote:
Perhaps I shouldn't share this page but these might also interest you
http://ninjadivision.com/my-little-pony-tails-of-equestria/


Don't see why you should not Darn the shipping for every foreign item ever though, even if there are non-US options!

...on a side note, I believe we've gone a liiiitle offtopic. Even though the topic has been dead for quite some time, so it might actually work in its favor laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance I could get the PnP files, please? I'm a little late to the show, and my daughter would absolutely love this, even if it's a prototype. The MLP theme will be a huge draw for her. I'm not certain a rethemed version would be received with similar excitement.

Thank you in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a year it's been for our little project. You've all made this one of the busiest threads under 'Gaming with Kids'. From our family to yours, thanks for being a part of it all. Happy Holidays!!

12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The same from our family to you and your family, Hoby!

Any updates on the status of your project to make this a (rethemed) published game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
The same from our family to you and your family, Hoby!

Any updates on the status of your project to make this a (rethemed) published game?


Things are really moving along Olaf! Thanks for asking. Unfortunately nothing's ready to be announced yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
Olafslomp wrote:
The same from our family to you and your family, Hoby!

Any updates on the status of your project to make this a (rethemed) published game?


Things are really moving along Olaf! Thanks for asking. Unfortunately nothing's ready to be announced yet.


How about telling us roughly when you will tell us something? Can't handle the suspense! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Rhein-Main-Gebiet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
Any chance I could get the PnP files, please? I'm a little late to the show, and my daughter would absolutely love this, even if it's a prototype. The MLP theme will be a huge draw for her. I'm not certain a rethemed version would be received with similar excitement.

Thank you in advance.

For me, too, please. I am in the very same situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m so bummed that I missed out on these files as well. This looks so awesome. Any chance someone still has the files that I could print? Or will they be available again?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
hobychou wrote:
Things are really moving along Olaf! Thanks for asking. Unfortunately nothing's ready to be announced yet.

How about telling us roughly when you will tell us something? Can't handle the suspense! cool
I'll second that... would love to have ANY info... even if it is just a rough guess. (sometime this year?)

However... Having said that, I just played actual Scythe with my daughter on Saturday. (up till now it was owned by someone else in our game group, but I just bought the base game because I enjoy it so much... and because it was only $55 on Amazon)
She has watched us play it several times, and has asked if she can play too. We always have a full 7 players, so there hasn't been an opening... but now that I have the base game, she of course wanted to play.

She understood the mechanics just fine, but the whole planning ahead part is still going to take some time.

I really think she would love a kids version... but don't take too long, or she may just figure out Scythe and have no use for a kids version.

[Edit]: when I said "sometime this year?" I was thinking as though it was 2018 already... because, you know... sometime this year is a whole 5 more days. heh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so sorry guys. I appreciate all your enthusiasm, but I really can't comment right now. But 2018 wouldn't be a bad guess at all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
... May you find hearts full of Meeples
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LuziferXIII wrote:
Surge1000 wrote:
Any chance I could get the PnP files, please? I'm a little late to the show, and my daughter would absolutely love this, even if it's a prototype. The MLP theme will be a huge draw for her. I'm not certain a rethemed version would be received with similar excitement.

Thank you in advance.

For me, too, please. I am in the very same situation.


Me three, my daughter would love this!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on being nominated for the Golden Geek Awards best Print and Play!!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfive wrote:
Congrats on being nominated for the Golden Geek Awards best Print and Play!!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame


Lol thanks. I'm very surprised, considering how long it's been. How does one even get nominated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
fortyfive wrote:
Congrats on being nominated for the Golden Geek Awards best Print and Play!!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame


Lol thanks. I'm very surprised, considering how long it's been. How does one even get nominated?


People like me voted for you to be nominated

The nominations link was at the top of the home page for a while, but it is closed now.
Aldie has posted the link for the actual voting recently, so everybody can vote for you to win it now!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olafslomp wrote:
hobychou wrote:
fortyfive wrote:
Congrats on being nominated for the Golden Geek Awards best Print and Play!!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame


Lol thanks. I'm very surprised, considering how long it's been. How does one even get nominated?


People like me voted for you to be nominated

The nominations link was at the top of the home page for a while, but it is closed now.
Aldie has posted the link for the actual voting recently, so everybody can vote for you to win it now!


You've been such an awesome supporter of this since day 1 Olaf. Thank you!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
Olafslomp wrote:
hobychou wrote:
fortyfive wrote:
Congrats on being nominated for the Golden Geek Awards best Print and Play!!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekawards/boardgame


Lol thanks. I'm very surprised, considering how long it's been. How does one even get nominated?


People like me voted for you to be nominated

The nominations link was at the top of the home page for a while, but it is closed now.
Aldie has posted the link for the actual voting recently, so everybody can vote for you to win it now!


You've been such an awesome supporter of this since day 1 Olaf. Thank you!


Thanks, I wasn’t the only one, though, or you wouldn’t have been nominated (only the games with the 10 most nomination votes are nominated).
With the download not available any more for months, it may be harder to win, but let’s see how far you get!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blush I kept looking at the list of PnP games and I KNEW I was forgetting an important one to nominate. I'm glad it got the nomination--I'll definitely be throwing in a vote for it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

We've been extremely flattered by the ongoing interest in My Little Scythe and its recent Golden Geek award. I'd like to especially thank those of you who have taken the time to reach out to me personally about the game.

One of the most popular requests has been for a link to the PnP files. While this is a reasonable request, we'd rather you experience the best possible version of the game with your friends and family instead of a 1 year old prototype.

We invite you to check back here or BGG in May so we can show you how our little PnP project has evolved. We've put quite a bit of work into it--we hope that you will like what you see.

In the meantime, we'd like to thank you sincerely for all your patience!

-Hoby & Vienna
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently created and gave My Little Scythe to a friend of mine's daughter (about two weeks ago). They have already played it twice and she really likes it!
Thank you so much for your hard work and ingenuity.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
I just recently created and gave My Little Scythe to a friend of mine's daughter (about two weeks ago). They have already played it twice and she really likes it!
Thank you so much for your hard work and ingenuity.


Thanks for crafting it for her Jonathon! What a great friend!

-Hoby
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm waiting breathlessly for may!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pompoms wrote:
I'm waiting breathlessly for may!!!


Me too Amber, me too!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just saw the news. How awesome! I won't steal your thunder. I'll let you post the details.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.